Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Service Departments: Dealerships and Stealerships (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297724)

Heaven_is_inferno_orange 12-01-2014 06:42 PM

After a year and a half of working there I can finally add Herb Jones Chevrolet in Elizabethtown, KY to the Stealerships list. Ive seen first hand how some of the cars and customers are treated by the service manager, service writers, and unfortunately a few of the technicians. The only two technicians working there that I would trust with my car is John and Del. They are knowledgable and take good care of what they are working on. If you have to get your car serviced there stay away from a technician named Curtis at all costs. He was dubbed the comeback king for a reason. They only 'roll out the red carpet' for family, friends, and people of prestige and wealth- if you are one of these people they will treat you and your vehicle like gold including storing it inside the building, pushing it ahead of scheduled appointments, and giving you a discount. Ive seen customers lied to, customer vehicles scratched or pieces broken and then half ass fixed with glue and touch up paint, and ive seen one of the service writers harass some of the female customers to the point that he made my skin crawl even. I watched one tech actually put JB Weld on a cracked head on a brand new Silverado instead of just fixing it correctly under gm warranty. So unless you are sure to have Del or John working on your baby, just avoid this place altogether. The GM Customer service index this place has speaks for itself. >.> I recommend making the trip a few miles down the road to Big M Chevrolet in Radcliff, KY instead.

FASTDIESEL 12-01-2014 07:44 PM

Dealership - Great service (warranty)! Quick turnaround. Courteous.

Bayird Chevrolet
3299 Highway 51 South, Covington, TN 38019
Sales:(901) 313-8639 Service:(901) 313-8633

http://www.tennesseechevrolet.com

efpardo 12-02-2014 01:37 PM

Dealership - Feldman's Bud Kouts Chevrolet
Timing Chain

TommyTheCat 12-10-2014 10:28 PM

STEALERSHIP
Antelope Valley Chevrolet

• Originally tried to buy a Camaro here and they wanted $4500 over sticker during Memorial Day sale
  • Lied to about recall so that they could sell me unwanted parts
  • Took 24 days for something promised within 10
  • Takes multiple phone calls and messages in order to get them to call you back.... 3 days later... to let you know they haven't done anything.
  • Lied to about parts being in stock to keep me happy
  • Left muddy footprints all over my carpet & floor mats even after I provided both a paper mat and a cheaper floor mat to protect the expensive one. No paper mats in the car when I picked it up and the cheap mat was brushed aside almost as if to purposely get mud from the rain on the expensive mat...
  • Problems I took the car in for are still there
  • Just for kicks requested a quote on labor only for coilover install and was quoted well over $200 an hour.
  • Scratched my paint, I took it back to be fixed and they left swirls everywhere
:thumbdown:

edited to add more details.

theragtopguy 07-29-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmm1412 (Post 6920640)
Lafferty Chevrolet in Warminster, PA is a dealership. Their service department is very professional and courteous. They assign your car to a specific service rep and Joanne, my rep, is the best! She has taken a genuine interest in my car and has assigned it to be worked on only by their best tech, Mike, that does all the work on their Corvettes, when I take it in. When I call to schedule for service, she tells me what days he is available to work on the car, and that's when I take it in for service. Top notch work with no issues. Our family members have bought 4 cars there in the last 3 years and all are as satisfied as I am. Their sales people are also very professional and courteous. I have also heard they are the #1 rated Chevrolet dealer in the Philadelphia area for customer service and satisfaction. Best dealer I have dealt with in 40 years of buying and having cars serviced.

I also purchased my Green Flash from Lafferty Chevrolet and totally agree with what was said in this paragraph.....the best I have ever dealt with!!

SIM GhostrdrZ 08-02-2015 09:37 AM

Classic in mentor Ohio. I had 2 of the 4 "free" oil changes with the 24/24000 miles maintenance with new 2014 Camaro I purchased from them. I just decided to put royal purple oil in at 2900 miles instead of continuing with the blend oil they use. It's a good thing because as I inspected the old oil filter upon removal. It had 2 rubber gaskets on the top and the filter was slightly crushed.
Is this an unknown trick of lfx v6 oil changes I'm unaware of?
They also wanted $99 to relearn brand new assembled SS tire/wheels. I bought tool and did it for $68 the first time and it'll be free from now on. This is the only 2 oil changes I have ever had anyone else do. I thought being a dealership that all would be fine. If you want it done correct, do it yourself.

2012 Camaro SS 09-05-2022 10:19 AM

Criswell Chevrolet - Gaithersburg, MD - Dealership

The service department at Criswell Chevrolet has a performance team for servicing Corvettes and Camaros, and they've been helpful in collaborating with me, where I've needed input on performance parts, reviewing aftermarket parts confirming they are good with them and installing, and quoting install, and servicing with aftermarket parts.

That's not to say that there are times when the level of service reminds you that you're at a dealership and not a performance shop, but to a lesser degree than other Chevrolet dealership service departments.