Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   bad news... :( (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140585)

LolatheSlush 04-12-2011 09:36 AM

bad news... :(

SO..... i've had some family issues come up this morning and as such i'm now unable to go to C5 fest :cry: i have a reservation at the Marriott, so if anyone needs a room msg me and i'll give you my confirmation number and you can have my reservation. i'm so totally bummed, but i know if i leave and my grandfather passes away im going to live with that guilt and i can't bear that. anyway... lemme know if anyone needs the room and have a great time for me!

IROCanSS 04-12-2011 09:41 AM

I'm not trying to sound cynical or anything but will not going save him? You could go and if, God forbid, he passes... Leave immediately and go home. Second, if you don't go and (as we all hope) he doesn't die, it was a waste not to go.

I live 5 hours from my hometown. I got "the call" that he was doing bad at 7:00 am. I called off and before I could even get on the highway, I got the second call... "don't rush" :(

I know it's a tough decision but what would HE (grandpa) want you to do?

Good luck in your decision and I'm sorry for your situation. I was VERY close with my grandfather and miss him dearly!

LolatheSlush 04-12-2011 09:48 AM

i've actually thought about it, i know where you're coming from. being here with him won't make him better but I wouldn't have a good time knowing whats going on at home. I just feel like the right place for me is here with my family and being there for my mom.

IROCanSS 04-12-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolatheSlush (Post 3085757)
i've actually thought about it, i know where you're coming from. being here with him won't make him better but I wouldn't have a good time knowing whats going on at home. I just feel like the right place for me is here with my family and being there for my mom.

Understandable! Sorry :( we will all pray for him.

robsls3 04-12-2011 09:50 AM

Do what you feel is best.

LolatheSlush 04-12-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robsls3 (Post 3085765)
Do what you feel is best.

thanks.. i'm trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 3085763)
Understandable! Sorry :( we will all pray for him.

thanks i appreciate it.

Iwantone2 04-12-2011 09:56 AM

Thoughts and prayers for your entire family :(

Dr Jkel 04-12-2011 09:58 AM

Regret is a powerful thing, Do what you can live with. I am so sorry about the illness in your family we will keep you in our thoughts an prayers.

AZCamaroFan 04-12-2011 10:00 AM

that's too bad. i can understand you not going though. hope things get better.

TJ91 04-12-2011 10:01 AM

Im sorry to hear that! :(
Your making the right choice! As soon as I found out my grandfather was in the Hospital for a bypass, I packed up in 5 minutes and left the house for the drive to Montreal
Ill keep him in my thoughts any prayers

LolatheSlush 04-12-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jkel (Post 3085792)
Regret is a powerful thing, Do what you can live with. I am so sorry about the illness in your family we will keep you in our thoughts an prayers.

don't i know it. i missed my grandmothers funeral in another state a couple years ago because work was more important and i'm still regreting not being there to say goodbye. I guess thats part of my needing to be here with him and my family.

ssummit camaro 04-12-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolatheSlush (Post 3085757)

good call, wish him and your family well.

ron10 04-12-2011 10:04 AM

advise from a person that has been in this situation several times.stay with your family,you won't regret it.there will be more C5 fests.

2010SLVRBULIT 04-12-2011 10:05 AM

do what your heart tells you, no-one else can make that decision for you. C5fests every year, so...