Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I think im going with Dynatech LT's... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109375)

jtvst4 10-06-2010 10:18 AM

I think im going with Dynatech LT's...

I think i am going to run with Dynatech LT's with the added ceramic coating....

Hope I will not be dissapointed that i didnt go with kooks.....?

SPEAK UP DYNATECH OWNERS !

caverman 10-06-2010 10:21 AM

As a KOOKS owner I would be willing to say that you probably won't be disappointed at all with Dynatech. They are a big player in the Camaro header market. If they were even remotely bad I wouldn't imagine Janetty would use them like he does.

+1 on the ceramic coating though. I think it makes the headers look really nice for a long time.

usmc8411 10-06-2010 10:22 AM

Im running dynatechs. All the higher dollar headers are very simliar in fit and performance. I got a good deal on mine that was my deciding factor on brand.

2010 SSRS 10-06-2010 10:23 AM

Great choice, Jannetty Racing installed my Dynatechs, you will be very happy with yours.

armysig 10-06-2010 11:46 AM

I have a set of Dynatechs and I really enjoy them.

My question to you is, why coat them? If you're a racer and need to keep the temps down I can fully understand that.

If it's cosmetic, then I wouldh't do it. How often are you really going to have the hood opened and looking at your engine?

Silver Ice Man 10-06-2010 12:14 PM

Me too, me too, me too.
I have a set of the dynatechs and absolutely love them.
they sound even better with the Borla "S" type cat back, just a nice mean growl.

jtvst4 10-06-2010 01:09 PM

Armysig....good point, im not a racer so keepin temps down isnt a priority....but at the same time if one is able to spend the extra $ why not do it.....but all in all...yes, i am dooing it for cosmetics, i realy like the look of the coating compared to the stainless.

On top of cosmetics, i think the coating will gaurentee a good life for the headers, although im sure the stainless would ever rust or corrode

2010 2-Tone 10-06-2010 01:12 PM

I just got mine in. There coated Kooks and they look amazing. Much more shine than I thought there would be. Call Branden at Maryland Speed before you buy the DT just to compare the price.

jtvst4 10-06-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone (Post 2410625)
I just got mine in. There coated Kooks and they look amazing. Much more shine than I thought there would be. Call Branden at Maryland Speed before you buy the DT just to compare the price.

Did your Kooks from Maryland Speed come with new gaskets, studs, clamps, ect......everything needed for instalation ?

I talked to brandon today but forgot to ask him...

NickJRE 10-07-2010 07:43 AM

Fit is fantastic, American made 304 Stainless Steel. No steering shaft removal needed.

We've been using Dynatech's for years, love them, I'd be putting them on my own car.