Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GMPP CAI availability? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35085)

350 HRSS 07-31-2009 09:29 AM

GMPP CAI availability?

Can someone tell me when the GMPP CAI will be available? GM Part Direct and my dealer told me it was a future part, and to check back in 30 days.

What's the story? I haven't been on here as much (working 3 jobs) so if I am missing something obvious, please don't give me a hard time ;)

I would like to keep this car all GM....

Thanks for any help!

jpsuperman81 07-31-2009 09:55 AM

Just FYI i can fully understand wanting to keep the car entirely GM but know that in most cases you will be spending more money for less or at best equal performance just because you want it to say GM.

350 HRSS 07-31-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 742699)
Just FYI i can fully understand wanting to keep the car entirely GM but know that in most cases you will be spending more money for less or at best equal performance just because you want it to say GM.

Ok. I figured I would get someone w/ this kind of response. Let me explain this a little further, I already have 2 highly modified F-bodies, and there is no national show they have not won, and their performance is mind-blowing. BUT, just this once, I want my new 2010 to be completely GM. Money is not the issue, although I will be paying UNDER $300 for this part. I totally appreciate your opinion, but the whole reason for this post was to try to find out WHEN this part will be coming out....

I fully understand there are cheaper and better CAI induction kits out there....this is not my first time on this band wagon. Ok?

So, once again, does anyone know when or heard when these kits will be made available?? Or if GM even plans on acutally selling them?

Thanks.

camarossrs2150 07-31-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 742964)
Ok. I figured I would get someone w/ this kind of response. Let me explain this a little further, I already have 2 highly modified F-bodies, and there is no national show they have not won, and their performance is mind-blowing. BUT, just this once, I want my new 2010 to be completely GM. Money is not the issue, although I will be paying UNDER $300 for this part. I totally appreciate your opinion, but the whole reason for this post was to try to find out WHEN this part will be coming out....

I fully understand there are cheaper and better CAI induction kits out there....this is not my first time on this band wagon. Ok?

So, once again, does anyone know when or heard when these kits will be made available?? Or if GM even plans on acutally selling them?

Thanks.

i spoke to my parts manager at gm he told me gm likes to advertise all there stuff months before release .he is thinking maybe mid august to possiblly end of sept .he i think was just guessing .another guy there told me about 6 months .so who really knows. .my guess is gm will let other companies make there products see who has the best one out there .then they will copy it with the gm logo on it .just because they can .my opinion only on that .

SSOOCH 07-31-2009 11:03 AM

Hopefully in time for Baby Jesus' Birthday!!!!

jpsuperman81 07-31-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 742964)

Thanks.

Understood I was just trying to keep people not in the know from wasting their hard earned money. Obviously you are in the know. I just read too many times where people waste there money and I hate to see it, but I fully understand wanting to have a car with all gm stuff. I have a 68 SS and its nearly completely original no mods, thats the way my dad liked it and thats the way it is.

KILLER74Z28 07-31-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 742699)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 743054)
Understood I was just trying to keep people not in the know from wasting their hard earned money. Obviously you are in the know. I just read too many times where people waste there money and I hate to see it, but I fully understand wanting to have a car with all gm stuff. I have a 68 SS and its nearly completely original no mods, thats the way my dad liked it and thats the way it is.

I would wait and see what the performance and final cost of the GMPP air intake is before you make the above assumptions… :paddle: ;)

Rodrunner 07-31-2009 12:17 PM

Ditto your question and anxiety, Angela. I check Parts Direct and Newman EVERYDAY.

djsnoflake 07-31-2009 03:03 PM

I remember seeing some where a Q3 availability, so that means it should be here pretty soon.................

SGOS252382 07-31-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 743170)
I would wait and see what the performance and final cost of the GMPP air intake is before you make the above assumptions… :paddle: ;)

Yeah, I'll reserve my comments until I see some dyno test done by some of the reputable tuners.

CamaroSpike23 07-31-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 743170)

~10-15 hp and ~$500.00

jpsuperman81 07-31-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 744575)
~10-15 hp and ~$500.00

Nah it's like 320 something at gmpartsdirect. And I've heard it's for mostly looks so the 10 to 15 would be a bonus IMHO. Vararam for me.

CamaroSpike23 07-31-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 744599)
Nah it's like 320 something at gmpartsdirect. And I've heard it's for mostly looks so the 10 to 15 would be a bonus IMHO. Vararam for me.

yeah, thru partsdirect... my bad. I was actually thinking it was ~$450 when it was first introduced. (but added a lil extra for shipping prices)

jpsuperman81 07-31-2009 06:14 PM

Well spike your actually probably right I'm sure msrp or most dealers price will be 450 to 500.