Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Dose this Dyno Graph look right to you (turbonetics turbo LS3) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240188)

ParkerB57 07-27-2012 08:21 PM

Dose this Dyno Graph look right to you (turbonetics turbo LS3)

Just had the car dynoed and tuned in Chicago IL. The graph looks nothing like im used to and when I asked the tuner he said it was normal. Ive talked and showed the graph to a few people sense and they dont agree. What do you guys think.

Thanks for the help

Ben

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...7/DSC00684.jpg

Turbo99 07-27-2012 08:25 PM

Should be alot smoother and not have the large dip either.

Mirror D 07-27-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo99 (Post 5356133)
Should be alot smoother and not have the large dip either.

This. That tune breaks up a lot through the pull. Looks like a pretty shitty tune over 3k rpms.

MaxKamai 07-27-2012 09:54 PM

Not that unusual. I agree the tune could definitely use some work. would like to see what knock retard was right around 5k rpm. smoothing was set to max at 5 (upper right corner of sheet) which would usually give you a little smoother graph, but is the reason for the blank spots towards the end of the run. You got a big spike in the torque towards the end of the run (probably lost tach signal for a sec) , and that spike went through the hp line. with the smoothing set to 5 it gets rid of the spike on the graph, but you still loose that section and where it intersected the hp line.

JLE58 07-27-2012 10:15 PM

a/f looks good, smoothing is on 5,.... could be alot of things and the graph doesnt really say much cant really say its awful tune by looking at a wavy graph but we can all guess and throw a million ideas at you. If you worried about it take it somewhere and get a second look or go back to speed inc and tell them to explain why and/or fix it. Are you still on the Stock Clutch????

ParkerB57 07-27-2012 10:26 PM

Thanks for the help i am on the stock clutch i havent noticed any slippage or smell. Speed inc said it was normal i am having a second place do a base line to confirm all is well

Ben

JLE58 07-27-2012 10:39 PM

Yeah I think would be best could be a few different things. not the first wavy dyno sheet I've seen posted from that dyno. Could be something very simple they missed but I wouldnt call it Normal.

ParkerB57 07-27-2012 11:35 PM

Let me ask u guys this if there is an issue or a short cut was taken during my tuning session do i have a leg to stand on to call speed inc and try and get some compensation having to pay to have the car tuned twice with in a week

Thanks
Ben

JLE58 07-28-2012 12:00 AM

I think you always do better to go back and talk to speed inc. Tell them whats going on and see what they say. Tell them what you want. They have been around a while not known to be hacks from what I know. Remember your the customer. If they dont want to help you then take it somewhere else and see what they say then come back and tell us all about it!

Turbo99 07-28-2012 12:06 AM

If its how their dyno looks then take it as is to another dyno and compare it. If its smooth looking on another dyno then its fine if not ask them why.

JLE58 07-28-2012 12:11 AM

Yeah The Wavy lines would be alot worse If it was a pick up issue with the dyno unless they have something rigged. But thats a good Idea that turbo said then you can atleast compare numbers too.

camslambam 07-28-2012 02:59 AM

wtf...thats one of the ugliest dyno graphs i have ever seen....

matt55 07-28-2012 08:34 AM

@ 5000 rpm car is
not happy

thebeast916 07-28-2012 10:19 AM

Looks like my old dyno graph when I had no fuel up top and injectors maxed out. Dropped right off as rpms climbed.

Have your fuel tables, timing and Maf curve looked at. Make sure it's adjusted and gradually ramped up as boost builds. Makes for a smoother transition into power and watch air fuel gradually go where you want.