Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Did you buy extended warranty (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69194)

sask-man 03-05-2010 12:04 PM

Did you buy extended warranty

How many bought extended warranty for there Camaro? Cost would $1970 for 72 months / 0 deduct, or 2190 for 84 mo/ 0 deduct

Worth it? not?

Cant say Ive ever bought extended warranty for anything, but with the [rice of repairs these days....

Nova65 03-05-2010 12:17 PM

The cost can be negotiated. Ask your dealer if the warranty starts from day one or after the factory warrenty expires. It would be kind of redundent to have it be in affect at the same time as the factory one.

ron10 03-05-2010 12:23 PM

:thumbdown: i personally would not get it.you already have a 100,000 mile warranty.if you do any mods it would void it anyway.they will offer it to you again,when your regular warranty is up.:bs:

The_Blur 03-05-2010 12:24 PM

Don't do it. Wait for your OEM warranty to expire.

Rogue Leader 03-05-2010 12:25 PM

Nope...

I technially have an extended warranty, I have GEICO auto insurance and they offer it for new cars, its around $15 every 6 months with a 250 deductable, but if I didn't have that I would never buy a warranty, the likelihood of needing a repair that expensive in the warranty period is slim. Better off just saving money for the what if, and then spending it when it doesn't happen.

Mag-Tex 03-05-2010 12:27 PM

As a general rule, extended warranties are not good investments. Besides, most have so much fine print, they rarely actually pay for necessary repairs. That is if the company is still in business later.

Remember your new Camaro comes with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, plus 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Kendell347 03-05-2010 12:32 PM

I didn't, it was too expensive and didn't cover anything. Besides if something breaks after the factory / original warranty is up, by that time there will be so many aftermarket vendors developing parts that why would you go OEM anyways? Not to mention that with the extended warranty any aftermarket goodies void it. What's the sense??? Just a waste of money. Its just cheaper to get AAA if you want towing and save up for the aftermarket goodies.

StrangeMan 03-05-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mag-Tex (Post 1551464)
As a general rule, extended warranties are not good investments.

/thread

01pewterz28 03-05-2010 01:24 PM

I opted for the extended warranty 6yrs/100k 0 deductible think I paid $1500ish from Camaro Scotties dealership plus I opted for the wheel & Tire warranty (The tire warranty already paid for itself with a flat tire last week 

I opted for the warranty for the simple reason this is my daily driver I picked up the car last October I am already at 7500 miles on the car the factory 100k warranty is power train warranty only not items like the halo light, radio, ect.. and the extended warranty is bumper to bumper with the miles I will put on and the car in the 1st year of production I figured it was a smart move if the powder driver seat goes out that will run me just over $1k if it needs to be replaced. Now I can opt out of the warranty for a full refund if I cancel it before my factory warranty is up or I sell the car.

Sean

01pewterz28 03-05-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron10 (Post 1551443)
:thumbdown: i personally would not get it.you already have a 100,000 mile warranty.if you do any mods it would void it anyway.they will offer it to you again,when your regular warranty is up.:bs:

The 100k warranty is power train warranty not bumper to bumper.

Sean

camarowa 03-05-2010 01:27 PM

initially bought the extented warranty, cancelled it as soon as I the chance to read all the fine print. I believe I got everything refunded minus a $25 processing fee. Live and learn.

SS Matt 03-05-2010 01:29 PM

I pretty much never buy an extended warranty. The only thing I've bought one on was my motorhome since the factory only offered a 1 year warranty and fixing slide-outs or anything major is a LOT of money.

I've not kept a car long enough for the factory warranty to expire anyway. I do think there's a good chance that I'll keep this car long enough, but you never know. Maybe in 3 years the next greatest thing will be out and I'll want that.

hair10 03-05-2010 01:40 PM

I did not buy the extended warranty. I did buy the tire/wheel warranty however. Knowing how much these things cost to replace it was worth it to me. That coupled with my luck in tires (ended up with 3 flats on my Trailblazer in about 18 months!) almost means it was a "must have" for me. ;)

Xander 03-05-2010 01:42 PM

That was part of the deal that the extended warranty be given at no cost when I purchased the car.