Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What mod to prepare for a IPF SC (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288188)

habunow1 04-09-2013 08:50 AM

What mod to prepare for a IPF SC

My IPF SC is being paid off in the next couple of months and would like to know what other mods I MUST do and can do to insure I am ready for the install and get the most out of the upgrade. FPS will be doing the install when its paid off.

What I have currently is ( MRT 2 axle back, CAI (coming off), VMAX port Tb on a 2011 LLT)

Catch can a must but which one for SC (please be specific, valve type ect). Planing to seafoam engine and oil change before install.

Is there any other must do that I dont know of:

Is there any can do i.e. : headers, hi flow cat, fuel systems upgrade?

Thank you in advance for the help.:thanks:

lscamaro 04-09-2013 09:55 AM

No, there is nothing you MUST do for the IPF SC. IPF has their own catchcan that they include with their kit. You could do headers if you wanted to but by no means is it necessary. The IPF kit was designed so that it could be bolted onto a completely stock car so no worries.

JohnnyBfromPeoria 04-09-2013 10:06 AM

If you do headers and/or high flow catalytic converters, do them before you install the kit. It will make a difference as to which tune you select when you install the new software.

I have a '12 and the only other mod I have is the ported throttle body. The whole kit works great.

John B.

simt3k 04-09-2013 10:08 AM

BBK headers, + Ark DTS exhaust, LSD and 3.91 Gears. That's what I would do.

JohnnyBfromPeoria 04-09-2013 10:10 AM

Since I'm an M6 car, I am strongly leaning toward dropping in 3.91's myself, but that doesn't necessarily need to be done beforehand.

John B.

simt3k 04-09-2013 10:15 AM

Ported intake with spacers should also be a must lol

lscamaro 04-09-2013 10:35 AM

It isn't something that's needed though

simt3k 04-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6402343)
It isn't something that's needed though

Yes but then again that's like saying no other mods are "NEEDED" then.

lscamaro 04-09-2013 10:52 AM

They aren't.
The OPs question was what MUST be done for the supercharger install. The answer is thay NOTHING NEEDS to be done. You can take the kit and put it on a stock car and it'll be perfectly fine and run perfectly safe.

menendez1293 04-09-2013 10:56 AM

By no means are any mods Needed but it is always nice to have the supporting mods. But first what year V6 do you have that would hep us to know if you can even do a swap to Long Tubes.

If i was going to do an install on my car i would start with some BBK long tubes paired with 2.5 inch mid pipes with my V2s. Then i would upgrade my breaks and suspension then i would do the little motor things like the Ported Manifold and thorttle body, spacers, etc..

simt3k 04-09-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6402429)
By no means are any mods Needed but it is always nice to have the supporting mods. But first what year V6 do you have that would hep us to know if you can even do a swap to Long Tubes.

If i was going to do an install on my car i would start with some BBK long tubes paired with 2.5 inch mid pipes with my V2s. Then i would upgrade my breaks and suspension then i would do the little motor things like the Ported Manifold and thorttle body, spacers, etc..

:thanks: Somebody that understands this concept. That's what the OP was referring too. Technically you don't NEED any "extra" mods, but supporting mods help gain the MOST power and torque and allow for the engine to get its full potential from the supercharger. :threadjacked:

Ventmaster 04-09-2013 11:14 AM

My .02 cents would be to upgrade the suspension.

Every V6 Camaro, regardless of any other upgrades, needs to beef up its rear sway bar. Go ahead and get a front and rear set, but the back one is way too weak from the factory. They're an easy install, and will make a believer out of you the very first drive!

And the back sway doesn't just improve weight distribution when cornering- it also keeps the back end planted under acceleration... :biggrin:

lscamaro 04-09-2013 11:58 AM

If you want to get the most out of the system, you really only need headers. The intake side is already being addressed by putting on the supercharger. Chances are mods like a ported manifold or spacers wouldn't even be a difference compared to what the supercharger does for you. So I wouldn't really waste money on those. If you want to do them, by all means do them but I don't feel their needed. That then leaves the exhaust side of it needing to be worked on. So to free up exhaust, get headers, some good quality cats and you already have an axle back so you're good there.

Another thing is whether your car is a manual or auto? If it's a manual, you might want to start saving money for an aftermarket clutch. If auto, start with suspension. Like Ventmaster said, look into a nice sway bar package to keep the rear in check. As well as subframe bushings to further aid that.

habunow1 04-09-2013 12:51 PM

Thank you for all the post so far and keep them coming. It a 2011 LLT as orginal post. Sorry I did forget to say Automatic. What I wanted to do is make sure that I get things done in the right order as to not have to get it tuned over and over again because of something that I could have done on the front end with no problems and without costing to much.

Thought Long tubes with HF cat would be one the first.

Any concerns with fuel system?

One inch drop and upgrade suspension is on the list once the power is there.

Cant wait to have it installed and it all Sycraft fault he took me for a ride at pony wars in GA and it was all over with.

Yall guys are :first: