Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To all that are babyig their Gen 5 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131138)

montreal2010yellow 02-23-2011 05:18 PM

To all that are babyig their Gen 5

1 Attachment(s)
I often read about members being affraid to have their babies under the ice-snow....

Here's a look at what really exist at the Oshawa Plant before being delivered, look at the date that the picture was taken.

Don't feel sick:

Attachment 209696

Dalefj 02-23-2011 05:20 PM

Its the salt and sand that they put on the roads after the ice comes that gets me

justmeron 02-23-2011 05:22 PM

Nice, hehe

IamJacksCamaro 02-23-2011 05:24 PM

I was expecting to see some snow. I see the icicles behind the front tire though. I guess no one can say that their car has never seen rain or snow, when they are all stored outside awaiting shipment.

montreal2010yellow 02-23-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamJacksCamaro (Post 2879252)
I was expecting to see some snow. I see the icicles behind the front tire though. I guess no one can say that their car has never seen rain or snow, when they are all stored outside awaiting shipment.

Unless the car being built from april to november.......otherwise it might have seen snow-ice....

lets_go_bills 02-23-2011 05:27 PM

Today's cars are built very well and utilize technology to be adaptable to all weather conditions. Any car built today can be driven in any condition without succumbing to it.

A well-cared for and clean car is a well-cared for and clean car.

While it's nice to boast that your car has "never seen rain", who can tell? When fully detailed, my car looks like it's never even been driven when in reality it's a daily driver that hauls ass through these Canadian winters.

hamr56 02-23-2011 05:34 PM

Reminds me of motorcylce ads "never seen rain"! Never paid for at resale either. :bellyroll:

camarowa 02-23-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lets_go_bills (Post 2879266)
Today's cars are built very well and utilize technology to be adaptable to all weather conditions. Any car built today can be driven in any condition without succumbing to it.

A well-cared for and clean car is a well-cared for and clean car.

While it's nice to boast that your car has "never seen rain", who can tell? When fully detailed, my car looks like it's never even been driven when in reality it's a daily driver that hauls ass through these Canadian winters.

+1, very well said and coiled not agree more.

Big Daddy Kane 02-23-2011 07:02 PM

It wouldn't bother me if it sat outside at times in the rain or snow. Its the actual driving in it that I would never do. Being anal, and working in a collision shop, I have seen my share of cars driven in the salt. I've seen the rust formation behind panels (places you can't get too unless you take the car apart) caused by moisture and dirt from driving in all conditions. I'm talking cars less than 4 years old. Thats why mine will never see it.

Cully 02-23-2011 07:08 PM

Glad mine was built in September. I haven't driven mine in the rain yet and will try not too(except maybe on the power tour if needed). It is just getting the engine bay and everything cleaned up afterwards that is a pain.

cmott426 02-23-2011 07:50 PM

http://inlinethumb35.webshots.com/46...425x425Q85.jpg

I just bought it Monday. I had to drive it home in a snow storm. This pic is from Tuesday. I have not driven it since.

SlowSS 02-23-2011 07:56 PM

I want a refund! :D

midnighter 02-23-2011 08:00 PM

There they aren't having crushed lava rock gravels bouncing off the front and sides of the cars. Good pics though, I like that IOM 'vert w/ black stripes and black ragtop. I'll take it icicles and all. :D

windzurfer 02-23-2011 08:12 PM

Too bad Chuck Norris isn't in Oshawa, because if he was the water would be too scared to freeze.