Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Roto-Fab CAI Install with Pics (5 Stars) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38469)

NVMY68SS 09-20-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx18 (Post 948217)
I'm just calling people out about saying it is fully sealed when its not. I hope they will make it in ibm soon.

Look...........it's sealed at the top to the hood..........nobody ever said it was 100% sealed completely. The factory airbox isn't even 100% sealed. The bottom intake behind the radiator doesn't even get close so you know it's sucking in hot engine bay air.

Go get an ADM if that's what you want a 100% sealed system, but the RF is obviously working and producing excellent gains.

And I believe they are powder-coating the RF airbox to multiple colors. You just have to ask for it.

shevyman 09-20-2009 08:09 PM

so would some one mind explaining to me where the cold air is coming from? think people need to rename it sra for short ram air. i know it makes a diff couse less restrictions but i still dont see where the intake is getting air. i would think its suffering. maybe open the whole on the splash guard and see what that does.

NVMY68SS 09-20-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shevyman (Post 948267)
so would some one mind explaining to me where the cold air is coming from? think people need to rename it sra for short ram air. i know it makes a diff couse less restrictions but i still dont see where the intake is getting air. i would think its suffering. maybe open the whole on the splash guard and see what that does.

The air is coming from the same location that the factory pickup was getting it, through the grille. This setup allows for more volume of air to the airbox since it's not restricted to the small factory pickup. See pics of removed factory pick-up in OP.

More volume of air in, larger surface area of filtration device = more HP.

ravensjeff 09-20-2009 08:36 PM

So how much is one of these powder-coated?

d69chris 09-20-2009 10:06 PM

The box comes powder coated in a few different colors or they will do custom color match. I got mine in black and had the 2 plastic tube pieces and the box painted to match the car when I had the eng. cover done. They also have a polished alum. tube, but the concern is heat sink with the metal and heat transfer to the air traveling through it. Don't know if it is enough to worry about. Get what you think looks best. This isn't Nascar, where we are trying to squeeze every ounce of HP gain.........right?

Or are we?

Like the post above, the cold air come through the top and bottom driverside grill, to the side of the radiator.

Tanner 09-21-2009 01:23 AM

Just put my Borla S Type mufflers on this weekend and the Roto-Fab CAI. Both projects were real easy. Probably an hour and a half for each. Mostly due to reading and re-reading the directions to make sure I got it right. Nice low rumble now. I didn't hear the cabin drone people are talking about. The wife said it was fairly quiet crusing at 60 MPH or so. But when you hit the gas, she comes alive. As soon as I get the AR long tube headers cats and x pipe in I'll do a video. When everything is on, I'm going to get a tune and tune out the AFM anyway.

I ordered everything from ZZMotorsports (zzcamaro here on camaro5). Fast service, good price and a nice guy.

Atomic Autosports 09-24-2009 10:18 AM

Hello Mike
We just picked up our new Camaro and started searching for an intake. I know you do quality work and will probably buy a CAI from you. During your testing what gains did you get with your unit?
Jimmy

PolishMike 09-24-2009 07:30 PM

Ordered mine a couple days ago. Cant wait to get it.

TampaBayCamaro 09-24-2009 09:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just installed my RF CAI today. Just took it for a spin and man you can tell a difference in the seat plus it sounds better. I want the engine to look great so i got the polished tube with IBM air box and have chrome fuse relay cover and chrome engine covers with a IBM plenum coming as well... Can't wait to get them.

Mike was very helpful and will do just about anything you want with color and options! :clap: Better to call Mike as their site does not have all the options they offer yet.

Here are some pics...one before and a couple after :happyanim:

ssmike 09-24-2009 09:42 PM

Looks great! Can't wait to see pics with your new engine covers! My CAI and RJT covers should be coming next week! I'll post pics also!

Roto-fab 1 09-25-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic Autosports (Post 963382)
Hello Mike
We just picked up our new Camaro and started searching for an intake. I know you do quality work and will probably buy a CAI from you. During your testing what gains did you get with your unit?
Jimmy

Long time, no see! I hope all is well for you. Customers have told us +15 to over 20HP with our intake alone! More importantly, customers consistently say its a difference they definitely feel! BTW, these are numbers reported back and/or posted from customers on this forum.This is a quality intake and I'm confident you will be happy with it.
You may also be interested in the Camaro engine covers as well as our own fiberglass plenum cover. The engine covers are similar to our Corvette covers you are familiar with except they are designed specifically for the Camaro and are available with end caps. For those who want the straight through air passage, we still offer the covers without end caps.
The plenum cover is our own product designed to go over the stock plenum cover. Installation time is under 10 minutes with no fuel rail removal as necessary to replace the stock plenum cover. The plenum covers are available in any color or with a CF finish as shown below. You can also order a paint ready cover if you want to custom paint yourself. I look forward to hearing from you. :thumbsup:
Mike

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1253881527

rico-2SS 09-25-2009 12:11 PM

I might have found my CAI........
I PM-ed you Mike

Atomic Autosports 09-28-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 (Post 966914)
Long time, no see! I hope all is well for you. Customers have told us +15 to over 20HP with our intake alone! More importantly, customers consistently say its a difference they definitely feel! BTW, these are numbers reported back and/or posted from customers on this forum.This is a quality intake and I'm confident you will be happy with it.
You may also be interested in the Camaro engine covers as well as our own fiberglass plenum cover. The engine covers are similar to our Corvette covers you are familiar with except they are designed specifically for the Camaro and are available with end caps. For those who want the straight through air passage, we still offer the covers without end caps.
The plenum cover is our own product designed to go over the stock plenum cover. Installation time is under 10 minutes with no fuel rail removal as necessary to replace the stock plenum cover. The plenum covers are available in any color or with a CF finish as shown below. You can also order a paint ready cover if you want to custom paint yourself. I look forward to hearing from you. :thumbsup:
Mike

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1253881527

Hello Mike
Glad your doing well...I would like a set of unfinished covers with open ends. I see in the picture you have Carbon fiber tube for the CAI. Can you PM me a price for the following. I will become a vendor here soon and will show your products in our pictures.

Engine covers unfinished open ends
CAI with carbon fiber tube
intake cover in CF

Look forward to hearing from you:thumbup:

Roto-fab 1 09-29-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico-2SS (Post 967903)
I might have found my CAI........
I PM-ed you Mike

Here's a link to one of the IOM air box pics. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44499

I will post pics of the CF finish MAF sensor housing when I have them.:)