Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What should I pay for the 2LT RS with... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59442)

kmb953 01-05-2010 09:06 PM

What should I pay for the 2LT RS with...

I want to order a 2LT RS V6 auto. with following options - can you tell me what I should expect to pay - I have used the chevy.com 'build your own" but dealers want $3000 over price given on chevy site-
options: sunroof, painted ground effects, raised spoiler, black stripe, tinted windows, engine cover painted, cargo mat, spare tire -Victory Red

I live in the Orlando/Daytona area with lowest cost out the door at $35,888

I would like people to give me some info on their cost so being a female I'm not set up - trust me - I refuse to go and do the dealership room game with the haggling or salesman going back and forth with general manager.
Thanks to all in advance for sure!!!!

hawkfe 01-05-2010 09:11 PM

Ordered my 2LT/RS/M6 w/IO trim and seats (no stripes or sunroof) under 29,000

Frank in MD 01-05-2010 09:20 PM

If you configure the car w/ the options you selected it comes out to
$34,465

That's before the cost of painting the GFX, and adding tinted windows. BTW, the High Wing Spoiler isn't yet available as a factory option, so I'm not sure how they're getting those figures.

Overall, it isn't a bad deal IF they are giving you all that for 36K OTD. For that amount of money you could buy a Super Sport....

deibelsan 01-05-2010 10:30 PM

No way you should be paying above what chevy.com says is the price. There are dealers who frequent this site who will give you a better deal than that

Scrappy Doo 01-05-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockmont (Post 1352251)
If you configure the car w/ the options you selected it comes out to
$34,465

That's before the cost of painting the GFX, and adding tinted windows. BTW, the High Wing Spoiler isn't yet available as a factory option, so I'm not sure how they're getting those figures.

Overall, it isn't a bad deal IF they are giving you all that for 36K OTD. For that amount of money you could buy a Super Sport....

There is a high wing spoiler on gmparts direct:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=92207433

Is that the elusive high wing spoiler?

Scrappy Doo 01-05-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmb953 (Post 1352181)
I want to order a 2LT RS V6 auto. with following options - can you tell me what I should expect to pay - I have used the chevy.com 'build your own" but dealers want $3000 over price given on chevy site-
options: sunroof, painted ground effects, raised spoiler, black stripe, tinted windows, engine cover painted, cargo mat, spare tire -Victory Red

I would like people to give me some info on their cost so being a female I'm not set up - trust me - I refuse to go and do the dealership room game with the haggling or salesman going back and forth with general manager.

Cars here are going for $1300 under MSRP. If you figure the tint and the painted effects, tax title and license, 35888 seems fair. Maybe a bit high but im not sure what discounts you qualify for.

Frank in MD 01-06-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo (Post 1352577)
There is a high wing spoiler on gmparts direct:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=92207433

Is that the elusive high wing spoiler?

But not a factory option. :cool:

Frank in MD 01-06-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deibelsan (Post 1352543)
No way you should be paying above what chevy.com says is the price. There are dealers who frequent this site who will give you a better deal than that

Keep in mind because they do not have a factory option for the high wing, (which is what I am assuming the OP meant), it can't be factored into the price of under $34,500. We're not even talking about how much the cost would be for painting the GFX, and window tint.

Let say on the conservative side, paint, and labor is $300, Tinting $75, and the High Wing is $200. That's a price of just over 35k. Then you would have to figure taxes, tags, and any other dealer "fees" are not included.

The OP says one dealer came in @ under 35,900 OTD, (which includes everything). That's not a bad deal at all....

The problems w/ it are so many of these "options" can not be listed on the Monroney Label, because they aren't factory options. As such there is no way to know what kind of deal you're really getting.

What I would do is keep the car separate from tint and paint. Just finance the car, and do the paint and tint out of pocket. I also wouldn't pay $110 for a cargo mat when the cargo area of the car is so small you won't even be using it.

SlingShot 01-06-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmb953 (Post 1352181)

If you can get all that OTD.... Seeing you want every option then some, I'd say jump on it .... Mine was $31,300 before any add on's along with Taxes, Tags, and all that good stuff ...

CamaroScotty 01-06-2010 06:15 AM

The factory high wing is expected later in 2010

myold88 01-06-2010 06:48 AM

Hi "newbie"- Hello again- Good first thread and welcome.
I have my car so it might be easy to say but don't pay over MSRP !. How many dealers are in your area ?. Get on the phone and get a quote from a few dealers. Here in the North East new Camaros are plentiful at dealers. I paid MSRP back in August and was glad to do it but today I would expect a discount. I paid $38450.00 MSRP + tax for my SS. Even on camaro5 some dealers are starting to talk under MSRP.
Again, easy for me to say- Good luck.

Camaro_hx 01-06-2010 07:04 AM

I paid 35,873.50 USD for my 1LT/RS (Kuwait Dealer- bump compared to the US).

Its worth it!

Camaro_hx 01-06-2010 07:10 AM

Remember the "PRICES FOR SS / RS INCREASE"- $200!

...or was that bs?

myold88 01-06-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 1353119)
Well, I started talking under MSRP from day one with discounts. ;)

With the right salesman, you should be about $1800 under MSRP easily right now.

Your the man Scotty. You don't remember me I'm sure, but before I ordered my SS in June I called you for advice. I explained I was going to order here in Ct, but you still stayed on the phone with me for at least a half hour. If all Chevy dealers were like you, G.M's reputation on Camaro5 would soar.