Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   2013 Strut Mount Changes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246635)

JusticePete 08-27-2012 06:30 PM

2013 Strut Mount Changes

2013 Strut Mount Changes

The front strut mount has been changed slightly for 2013. The change appears to be a simplification of the manufacturing process. Watch this video for the details.

There is no change of substance in terms of function from the older mount to the new mount. The upper coil eye dimension has not been changed. Pedders lowering coils are still a perfect fit to the steel an urethane insulator. You can count on Pedders to bring you the most up-to-date information for your 5th Gen Camaro.

L99CAMA2011 08-27-2012 08:11 PM

Nice , so they did this to cut cost, lets hope is has no durability issues especially with more harsh suspension struts. Great. :(

JusticePete 08-27-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 (Post 5500461)
Nice , so they did this to cut cost, lets hope is has no durability issues especially with more harsh suspension struts. Great. :(

I see no reason to be concerned about durability, harshness or any another performance measure. In my book, the less parts you have, the less there is to go wrong. That is why we determined to discard the insulator for coilover installations. Personally I discard the insulator for lowering coil installations. Harshness and noise have not been an issue.

The biggest issue for us at Pedders is for the next few weeks we'll have to find old style mounts for coilover installations while we wait for expedited to aluminum adapter rings for our coilovers.

L99CAMA2011 08-27-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 5500488)
I see no reason to be concerned about durability, harshness or any another performance measure. In my book, the less parts you have, the less there is to go wrong. That is why we determined to discard the insulator for coilover installations. Personally I discard the insulator for lowering coil installations. Harshness and noise have not been an issue.

The biggest issue for us at Pedders is for the next few weeks we'll have to find old style mounts for coilover installations while we wait for expedited to aluminum adapter rings for our coilovers.

Ok so the new piece is still going to be as strong.

JusticePete 08-27-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 (Post 5500538)
Ok so the new piece is still going to be as strong.

From my perspective, absolutely. They deleted the gray plastic perch in favor of the wider flatter steel base of the urethane insulator. It should be as strong if not stronger based on how the load is distributed.