Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Explain your user name (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62013)

Mr. Wyndham 10-09-2007 09:05 PM

Explain your user name

There are many more members here than when I joined...Jan '07. I think I joined really early Jan...:rolleyes:

Anyways, I wanted to know why everybody chose the names they did for this forum, and some people use theirs everywhere. Just Curious, and something to talk about. :bonk:

Mine originated a few years ago as a videogame profile...mostly war games - so I needed something agressive sounding. Didn't quite work out that way, but basically I think of it as: The only type of person that can actually look into a Dragon's eye....is dead by the time he gets close enough.:iono: (And, yes...I do know Dragons don't exist...;))

Anyone else?

acscamarochick06 10-09-2007 09:36 PM

Mine can be pretty self explanatory I guess LOL...

ACS-- stands for my high school, Allen County-Scottsville
Camaro-- the best car ever made... duh! :)
Chick-- because I'm a girl!
06-- the year I graduated high school

I guess the politically correct screen name for me now would be WKUCamaroChick09, but... Oh well! lol

Mr. Wyndham 10-09-2007 09:38 PM

That doesn't sound as good...:laugh:

Mindz 10-09-2007 10:02 PM

I used to battle rap alot on text and audio battles among several sites. My best friend and former roommate when I attended ASU (arizona state) was named X-over for crossover. I was Mastamindz. A lot of people started confusing me with some guy who went professional but wasn't that good named Mastamind. I ended up just shortening it to Mindz.

It's been my nickname along with Dope Chops for probably 15 years.

Dave McFly 10-09-2007 10:26 PM

well, Back to the Future is my all time favorite movie. and Marty's brother is named Dave McFly. My first name is Dave, so I have used it as various handles on forums for years as well as my email and I M program screen names.

twigg107 10-09-2007 10:26 PM

I got mine from when I played paintball back 15 years ago because I was a skinny kid. 107 is just what hotmail gave me.

My other alias is flicky because while serving in the army, everyone said I looked like flick for the movie "ants life".

TFord 10-09-2007 10:33 PM

Im military and we tend to go by last names...thedford dosent quite roll off the tounge. So everyone shortened it to TFord

unkbd 10-09-2007 10:53 PM

My mother and sister always used to call me Bud ( as in buddy) so when my sister had her 3 boys I became uncle bud.

CamaroSpike23 10-10-2007 12:05 AM

all thru high school and into the military, my nickname was Spike, my first car was a 78 Camaro ---> CamaroSpike23. the 23 was a number designation from a cypher game me and some friends came up with in high school, where you take the letters of your name and convert them to numbers then add them up and do some other stuff. 23 is also my favorite prime number...yeah im a nerd. but I'm a nerd that can kick your ass.

and if you look close...Im not who you think I am look closer.

DGthe3 10-10-2007 12:07 AM

well, me and my two older brothers all have the initials of D G. I guess I could have gone with DG#3 or DGthe3rd but DGthe3 sounds better. Anyway, since I used it for my hotmail account I've used it everywhere else online, other forums, games, etc.

TAG UR IT 10-10-2007 01:36 AM

I was thinking up personalized plates for my last 4th Gen and my wife came up w/ TAG UR IT. But, in Texas, we can only have 6 characters (it's going to 7 now but for law enforcement only, I think).

So, I shortened it to TG UR IT. For the boards, I just toss the A back in.

z28camaro2471 10-10-2007 05:50 AM

z28camaro - I've had 4. I know quite a few people that incorporate what they drive into their email addresses or user IDs. So that's what I did. Not very original but it works.

2/4/71 - Date of birth.

I've used this for probably 4-5 years now.

OverAnxious 10-10-2007 07:07 AM

Mine is the name that was on Dad's 67 Camaro when it was new (see sig) :cool:

Kyle.Gilmour 10-10-2007 08:34 AM

I think mine is pretty self-explainatory, :)

It is my email as well, I use my personal email for business related sometimes so I wanted it to be something that won't change and is professional.

Muffdiver69@hotmail.com was not working for me anymore. haha jk