Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Does anyone have any firm delivery dates yet? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18458)

BLAKMGIC 04-13-2009 03:38 PM

Does anyone have any firm delivery dates yet?

Waiting patiently (less and less) for word on even dealer arrival, never mind in my garage. Has anyone been called and advised of a date or anything yet? Car has been built for almost one month now and still no sign. Help?

RickRay 04-13-2009 04:28 PM

When I called my CSR at GM Canada she gave me my TPW the 13 APR and said it would take 1 or 2 weeks and She said that they will hold it for another week " So that they do not want to make other Dealers jealous " ..I didn't catch it at first but that gives me the week of the 4th of May. Since everyone else on this site says there will be an unveiling on May 6. I guess that is when we will all get our Camaros around that time.
Lets hope that is the case..... That would make a fun Mothers Day weekend if I could show up in my new Camaro 2010....

BLAKMGIC 04-13-2009 04:43 PM

Thanks for that. I guess I will just have to keep patient. It doesn't help that the dealer is not saying too much. I have not heard this May 6th date other then a couple of blogs on this site. Anyway, hope you get and enjoy your new car soon.

OUR72GTO 04-13-2009 05:01 PM

The May 6th date is a USA promotion to have dealers launch. Dealers in Canada have had no plan for this.

camss1 04-14-2009 12:14 AM

ottawa

well im from ottawa and my dealer had invited me for the unveilling of the cam ,for this friday,17th at the banquet hall....and that he is suppose to contact me before the date for more info...i wish every thing is ok for friday....and i think im not the only one invited from this site(camaro 5 gen)..

juicy ss 04-14-2009 02:04 AM

I have had my vin number for a week now and no sign of shipping info yet. the car built prior to mine for the same dealer was built 2 weeks before and still no delivery yet. I heard possibly April 15, but I won't bet on it at this point.

craigd853 04-14-2009 04:36 AM

I got a call from GM customer service yesterday and they said do to extensivequality assurance my car won't be delivered to the dealer for another 2-4 weeks. It was built bach on March 25th. Anyone else get a call like this?

Duane Casselman 04-14-2009 05:43 AM

camss1 I am also invited to the unveiling in Ottawa and I think Hylton will be there to. Maybe the GM rep can give us some good news if we all gang up on him.

Supermans 04-14-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigd853 (Post 404268)
I got a call from GM customer service yesterday and they said do to extensivequality assurance my car won't be delivered to the dealer for another 2-4 weeks. It was built bach on March 25th. Anyone else get a call like this?

the door panels probably need to be lined up...

shevyman 04-14-2009 07:02 AM

well ok if they are holding the cars then why did henderson get his before anybody else? now is it cause he is the owner of the dealer? so yeah the makeing other dealers jealous sounds like bullshit. and out of all the cars made why was he the only dealer or person to recieve them?

justmeron 04-14-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shevyman (Post 404321)
well ok if they are holding the cars then why did henderson get his before anybody else? now is it cause he is the owner of the dealer? so yeah the makeing other dealers jealous sounds like bullshit. and out of all the cars made why was he the only dealer or person to recieve them?

Could be cause he paid $350,000 for his.

Matster 04-14-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shevyman (Post 404321)

His cars were numbers 1 & 2 off the line...perhaps that is why his have been delivered?

juicy ss 04-15-2009 02:10 AM

today i was told that my car with a build week of march 30th has yet to build buyt was assigned a serial number. they told me it is NOT built yet today April 14!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!

BLAKMGIC 04-15-2009 08:16 AM

Brutal. I have confirmed build date of March 24th.....and still no sign of it. I received the VIN number on the same date so I know it exits....just don't know where it is. Hope yours hits the assembly line soon.