Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Future Camaro to receive upgraded interior as GM determined to improve interiors? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85899)

Bonemaro 05-27-2010 06:18 AM

I could take it or leave it. I like my current look.

HDDAN 05-27-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfr1950 (Post 1908441)
I think the interior on the 5th gen is a big upgrade from the 3rd and 4th gen f-bodies I owned. The 3 gen had vinyl and cardboard interiors that squeeked and rattled on every bump in the road,and after a few years looked faded and worn..

I agree with you, the gen 5 interior is a big step up in quality. I remember the fake torx screws that were used along with real torx screws in the gen 3 interiors. I twisted the head off of one while removing my radio. I also remember the plastic door handles and the ultra cheap buttons for the steering wheel controls and window controls on my 2 gen 4's. The cover for the glove box in my 2002 SS was all dented and collapsed because of me leaning my arm on it when entering and exiting my car. With that said, I still loved my other three Camaros and bought my fourth one, my present 1SS.

rawj7 05-27-2010 07:15 AM

I'm excited for GM, I know of alot of buyer put off by there interior fit n finnish. My fovorit part of the interior is the leather wraped stering wheel, my least favorit it the hard dash, although obviousely I liked it enough to buy it:thumbup:, though I'm swinging away for GM and It would be nice to see them improve, but lets be honest about give and take. If they were to get "Audi level of quality" It would also carry an Audi high price tag. I'd like to see improvements but not more than a few Hundred Dollors more. This Gen is allready more expensive in relation to inflation than any other Gen Camaro has been. It's traditionaly a Sports Car for the Average Income American, Not a Premium Sports Car that only a few can enjoy. Lets keep it that way.:chevy:

Shifty 6 05-27-2010 07:21 AM

The most encouraging statement the guy made was that Audi was the target. IMO no one has a better interior for material quality and style than Audi.

2KWIK4U 05-27-2010 07:23 AM

So the interior quality is what they are working on as well as a redesign? Nice.

Danny

fastball 05-27-2010 07:25 AM

Those of you who don't think the Camaro needs better interior materials are comparing it to older GM products when you should be comparing it to current European and Japanese products.

I am absolutely enthralled to hear a GM engineer say Audi is the target..... because they should be. Audi makes the best interiors in any car below $100k. Period. They look great, have sophisticated but not overdone style, use top notch materials, and have impeccable fit and finnish.

That's why I've put off buying a Camaro until the new interior is revealed.

monstertodd 05-27-2010 07:58 AM

So if Audi's interiors are the bench mark, does that mean that we're going to be paying Audi prices just for an upgraded interior?

No thanks, I love the interior in my Camaro. About the only thing i would change is the leather on the seats. I'd upgrade those to a higher quality, and better feeling leather. I'd also put in an in dash navigation screen, as well as HUD. Other than those things, I'm good.

HDDAN 05-27-2010 08:07 AM

If the put in the adjustable passenger's seat and make it retro-fit our 2010's at a reasonable price, then I will be happy.

Parker70 05-27-2010 08:08 AM

If the new interior is going to look like the one on the front page, then I'm extremely happy that I bought a 2010. :barf:

Pamaro 05-27-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker70 (Post 1910269)
If the new interior is going to look like the one on the front page, then I'm extremely happy that I bought a 2010. :barf:

Glad I'm not the only one not diggin' that look. I like my 2010 interior just fine, thank you :)

Crowley 05-27-2010 08:14 AM

About time ... Ford has been upgrading their interiors for a few years now and I think it has helped them out a lot !! ..

Crowley

rawj7 05-27-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDDAN (Post 1910267)
If the put in the adjustable passenger's seat and make it retro-fit our 2010's at a reasonable price, then I will be happy.

:word:

2KWIK4U 05-27-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

I don't think they have released a teaser pic of the new design yet. Not sure what it will look like.:iono:

Danny

Parker70 05-27-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KWIK4U (Post 1910300)
I don't think they have released a teaser pic of the new design yet. Not sure what it will look like.:iono:

Danny

I was referring to the one on the front page of this website associated with this article.

hair10 05-27-2010 08:35 AM

I don't mind the interior at all.

greenrail 05-27-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 1909819)
Rest assured you will be pissed. Thats exactly what will change. At least the dash part and probably the center console. I don't expect a major style change so much as a materials change and an adjustment in looks to show a change also the wheel will be changed. The side panels will probably stay. It's really stupid to be honest. I see nothing wrong with the current quality. The fit and finish is great. People are just bitching about plastics being hard. Wooooo. Hard plastic. Come on. How often does anyone grope their dash anyway. :iono:

Sorry, but I disagree. In a $25-40k car, most just think hard plastic surfaces are cheap. If they can do soft plastic dashes in a $20k Malibu no reason to not do it in the Camaro.

The look to me is fine as far as the design.

The hard plastic is also why a lot of folks are having problems with scratching and other damages.

I had two fourth gens. The dash designs were a bit much, but the textures and feel were decent.

if GM wants this car to be world class they need to start to look around at the competition more and stop listening to only fans of the car. Its why Ford changed the interior for the 2010 model Mustang.

This car needs to push broader appeal.

Virtually every review of the Camaro took it to task for the interior materials. That doesn't ring well with the consumer no matter how you cut it.

Jason@JacFab 05-27-2010 09:44 AM

I'm comparing to the 04-06 GTO, they had great materials, quality, etc. If my GTO was a stick I would have kept it over the Camaro.

Drove a new 2009 Mustang GT last year, and as far as I'm concerned the interior on that was garbage! The Camaro is a little better, but not by much. If the 2012 interior is anything close to GTO materials, and quality, I'll be very disappointed I bought a 2010.

5thGenOwner 05-27-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 1909269)
Just hope they don't overdo it. I like the way the interior looks now. I'm all for better materials, but let's keep that cost down here GM :thumbsup:

:word:

All of my cars prior to my Camaro, I specifically didn't want all the fancy crap (automatic... door locks, windows, parking 'assist', etc.), because for the most part it is just something you'll have to FIX down the road. Unfortunately nowadays, you have little or no choice, as they have made all these standard (or even mandatory in some cases).

Even if these gadgets have a better life-span than they used to, it certainly adds to the cost of any automobile. I think GM's priority should be cost when it comes to interior and quality when it comes to what really makes an automobile (engine, transmission, wheels, etc.)

If I had to sit on a bucket while driving my Camaro... I'd do it with a permagrin on my face! :D (I think that goes for most boys & girls who grew up dreaming of owning a Camaro someday)

FenwickHockey65 05-27-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Well...the interior in your 2010 is based off of that interior...:iono:

5thGenOwner 05-27-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Blackhawk (Post 1910624)
I hope they lower the passenger seat 1/2" just so I can read 1,458 posts about how peoples wives dont like it and wish they still had a 2010. LOL

:laughabove:

wavrun2000 05-27-2010 10:13 AM

This is fantastic new. GM interiors have come a long way but I think they need to go a little bit more to get more respect from the American buyers. I think that Audi is a great bench mark to shoot for. I really hope they come through on this one.

Parker70 05-27-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 1910611)
Well...the interior in your 2010 is based off of that interior...:iono:

Understood. I guess my point was that I like the changes made from concept to production and that I'm satisfied with what I have.

BLUESMOKE69 05-27-2010 10:21 AM

Could not agree more with Mr.Stracke....The Camaro interior doesn't do it for me. Hopefully the next interior will have more of an European flavour to it......example ALFA ROMEO BRERA

bpmurr 05-27-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifty 6 (Post 1910150)
The most encouraging statement the guy made was that Audi was the target. IMO no one has a better interior for material quality and style than Audi.

Ford has been going after Audi as well. They had an A5 at the press event for the 2011 Mustang for comparision purposes. It's nice to see GM shooting for the same level of quality.

Don't get me wrong. The Mustang isn't there yet but it's pretty close. I love seeing each company push each other.

I really didn't think the Camaro's interior is bad during my couple of test drives. It's just buyers seem to be really interested in interior quality at the moment.