Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LTs and Borla S type (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107005)

brantley847 09-21-2010 03:04 PM

LTs and Borla S type

Curious if anyone has this setup?...I unfortunately only have the Borla S type axle back (what I could afford at the time to improve the sound).

I have been looking into ARH or Borla LTs along with mid pipes.

My first question is how much does the sound level increase with headers? Obviously videos are all over youtube, but I am sorry it just doesn't relate...I absolutely love the tone of the Borla exhausts, but do think it needs a bit more sound increase.

This vehicle is not my everyday driver, but I do drive through city/residential...not much highway. I do like to be able to listen to my music, or the rare phone calls I take in the car..if I make a purchase for LTs will those days be gone? I don't mind the drone as of right now...very minimal to me and don't hear it at all if I am playing music.

Would I be better off purchasing the LTs and keeping the stock mid pipes (resonators) with the axle back?

Maybe this is just something you suck up until you finally hear it in person....

mikeSS 09-21-2010 03:57 PM

not many people have the borla LTs... i would go with kooks.. but if you are choosing ARH or bolra.. i would go with ARH

brantley847 09-21-2010 06:51 PM

Yea I like kooks and ARH, but I am not big on mixing and matching...I need to keep it all 2.5 most so I will see what is out there....Borla is running some pretty damn good deals right now though..790 for LTs from borla is pretty damn good

papabearcamaro 09-22-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 2354164)
not many people have the borla LTs... i would go with kooks.. but if you are choosing ARH or bolra.. i would go with ARH

Mike is right.
I have the Kooks headers with high-flow cats and the S-Type catbacks and I cannot be any happier. Do NOT be afraid to use two different companies as that means nothing in this situation.
It is loud but nowhere near obnoxiously loud. You will still be able to have conversations in the car,take calls,and listen to your music fine.
You will have drone in sixth gear. To me,it is no big deal as we just keep it in fifth with zero drone.
If I can be of any more help,don't hesitate to PM anytime.

mikeSS 09-22-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabearcamaro (Post 2356189)
Mike is right.
I have the Kooks headers with high-flow cats and the S-Type catbacks and I cannot be any happier. Do NOT be afraid to use two different companies as that means nothing in this situation.
It is loud but nowhere near obnoxiously loud. You will still be able to have conversations in the car,take calls,and listen to your music fine.
You will have drone in sixth gear. To me,it is no big deal as we just keep it in fifth with zero drone.
If I can be of any more help,don't hesitate to PM anytime.

ya... i would go with kooks for sure