Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Solo Performance Mach X-LLT J-Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98939)

GOINGSOLO2 08-05-2010 02:16 PM

Solo Performance Mach X-LLT J-Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust

Mach X-LLT J-Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust Kit for V6 Manual and Automatic Camaro

The Mach X-LLT exhaust kit for your V6 Camaro, Auto or Standard, is a full stainless steel unit. The muffler and tips are T304 and the pipes are T409. The band clamps we use are T304 as well. There is a lot going on in this exhaust kit to get the Camaro V6 to sound like it should. First we have a special Solo X design Mach free flow muffler in the front. As with most X pipes, this X muffler doesn’t inhibit the flow and does a great job of calming the noise. We also have a rear set of free flow Mach resonators in the tailpipe section. These resonators are the same free flow resonators used in our V6 Res-Cats. These resonators, or mini mufflers, also reduce and calm the overall exhaust note.

We have adjustable “attenuation pipes” or “J pipes” in our tailpipes too. These J-pipes are “tuned” to take out the bad frequency ranges that both the V6 Auto and Standard have. Fortunately the frequency range was the same and the J-pipes can be used on either car with the same success. We make the J-pipes adjustable and removable to give you options. To adjust the length you would loosen the end band clamp bolts and move in or out the same on both sides. ½” to 1” makes a big difference in sound. We have the pipes set at the “factory preset” length but since all Camaro’s are not made exactly the same we make them adjustable.

You are also able to remove the J pipes if you want to see how your car sounds without them. Just remove the end cap, take away the J pipe, and insert the end cap into the stub coming out of the tailpipe.

Exhaust Kit Details
  • Polished T304 Stainless Steel Mach X design muffler used in the front.
  • 4 ½” stainless steel exhaust tips. Polished T304.
  • T409 piping and weld is used for all piping.
  • Polished rear resonators and band clamps are used.
  • J-pipes are included to take away the bad or unpleasant frequencies.

Price- $961.93 shipped

New Release Special Price- The first ten kits sold will get 10% off ($809.10 shipped).

Current Solo Performance V6 Cat-Back Owners- Since you already have purchased one of our cat-backs, we will offer you a pair of J-pipes for $85 shipped. They retail for $165 shipped per pair, but we decided to offer only our current kit owners the J-pipe solution for less than our cost ($85 shipped).

Contact Information

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Pictures

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...0X-LLT/020.jpg

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...0X-LLT/011.jpg

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...0X-LLT/015.jpg

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...0X-LLT/018.jpg

Videos

Undercar View

Interior

Mach X-LLT- Stock Cats

Start-Up and Rev

Drive-By

GOINGSOLO2 08-10-2010 12:32 AM

Thanks for the support....9 left at 10% off...call me anytime at 516-655-9002 with questions or to place an order:)

Steve

GOINGSOLO2 08-13-2010 09:09 AM

BUMP:)

Nutbutt 08-13-2010 12:46 PM

Come on people, if you want a fantastic tune-able exhaust system this is the one! Can't say enough about the quality on the system. :happyanim:
Hey Steve, when you coming out with windshield stickers ? I'm really getting tired of telling people what kind of exhaust I have :D

GOINGSOLO2 08-13-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 2215689)
Come on people, if you want a fantastic tune-able exhaust system this is the one! Can't say enough about the quality on the system. :happyanim:
Hey Steve, when you coming out with windshield stickers ? I'm really getting tired of telling people what kind of exhaust I have :D

HA HA we have smaller decals if you would like. PM me your address and we can send you some.

Steve

Toasty 08-14-2010 12:04 PM

Are there any plans to offer the resonators and j-pipes as an axle back kit instead of the full cat back?

GOINGSOLO2 08-14-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasty (Post 2219181)
Are there any plans to offer the resonators and j-pipes as an axle back kit instead of the full cat back?

Unfortunately not at the moment. We have this kit sounding really great and performing well. An axle-back, after all of the testing, would not sound as good on the V6. It's a tough car to get sounding great. We could possibly offer one if we had someone willing to come to our shop and have it jigged up...also we would need some interest...we just released this system and the V6 HF Cats.

Toasty 08-15-2010 06:06 PM

Unfortunate for me, but undersandable. Guess I'll have to save my pennies a bit longer, haha :)

gahammerle 08-16-2010 03:08 PM

Just placed my order. :thumbup:

GOINGSOLO2 08-19-2010 03:53 PM

Friendly BUMP! Take advantage of the sale price and order a Mach X-LLT J-Pipe exhaust kit now. Call me anytime at 516-655-9002.

Steve

gahammerle 08-19-2010 08:41 PM

Installed mine this evening. Couldn't get the high-flow res-cats installed though. But the cat-back sounds good just by itself.

Nutbutt 08-21-2010 09:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics from the install ! The guys at Muffler Man were fantastic. Great coffee too ! Now with the J-pipes installed the drone is totally gone. If it wasn't my daily driver I probably wouldn't have done the j-pipes since the sound is really great even with out.
Much better sounding than any other system I have heard for the V6. Thanks Solo !
:thumbup:

Toasty 08-21-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 2244441)
Here are the pics from the install ! The guys at Muffler Man were fantastic. Great coffee too ! Now with the J-pipes installed the drone is totally gone. If it wasn't my daily driver I probably wouldn't have done the j-pipes since the sound is really great even with out.
Much better sounding than any other system I have heard for the V6. Thanks Solo !
:thumbup:

Did you have some other aftermarket exhaust on before the Solo?

aki 08-21-2010 06:34 PM

I was one of the first SOLO exhausts for the A6 Camaro . Last week I visited muffler man in Buffalo and decided to check out the new j-pipe. I did have a bit of drone around 1800 rpm but since my car isn't a daily driver it didn't really bother me. I LOVED the sound of the exhaust so I didn't think I wanted to tamper with it. I decided to go with the j-pipes after talking with some of the guys and being assured it would still sound like my current exhaust. WOW they they know their stuff. Any slight drone there is and I mean slight is above 3000 rpm(not cruising range). But that great sound is still there. If your thinking of an exhaust really consider these they sound great and no drone, you can't go wrong. Thanks to Jeff and his crew for everything.

Nutbutt 08-22-2010 09:09 AM

I had the Solo mach performance exhaust without resonators on the car initially. I had some drone at the 2K rpm and since 80% of my driving is done at that point I decided to add the j-pipes to the exhaust. So, what you see in the photos is the addition of j-pipes alone. They sell the mach exhaust with or without the j-pipes. The ability to modify the system is a great selling point since every car is slightly different !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasty (Post 2245447)
Did you have some other aftermarket exhaust on before the Solo?

GOINGSOLO2 08-22-2010 04:41 PM

Hi guys. Thanks for the reviews on the J-pipes for the V6 Camaro's. We worked long and hard on these and we're so glad you're happy with them. Our testing proved that they would work on multiple cars with different mods. We're so glad we can offer this product to the V6 community!

Toasty 08-25-2010 12:10 AM

Video/audio clip??

tjd24 08-25-2010 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On the way back from the Buyers & Builders Oshawa Meet & Greet we swung by Solo Performance's shop in Kenmore NY to have the J-Pipes installed on my Solo XLT Auto V6 performance exhaust. These help take out the harshness / cabin noise at certain rpm ranges and high engine load. Net result - works as promised, cabin noise is significantly reduced where I was having noise (1800-1900 rpm / >60% engine load) and acorss all rpm ranges.

Thanks to Solo's Steve for posting this, Jeff for arranging the appointment (too bad we didn't get a chance to meet you), Manager Bob and Tech Tim for your courtesy and professionalism - we'd love to have all our work done at your shop if we lived in the area. We didn't need to come back after the test drive as the adjustable pipes were set A-OK at neutral and know we can self-adjust as-needed.

I also appreciate Nutbutt's feedback after his install last week - you're spot on that these improve the Solo experience....

In the pic you can also see my Pdaft Sport Rear Sway Bar, Coilovers and Trailing Arms.

GOINGSOLO2 08-25-2010 03:59 PM

Hi TJD. We're so glad that you were able to make it down to our store and get the J pipes installed. It's nice to know you like what they do. Thanks!

GOINGSOLO2 09-05-2010 10:38 AM

We still have some kits at the reduced price of 10% off! Give me a call and get your hands on one of the last few at the discounted price.

Steve
516-655-9002

CurryHD 09-13-2010 10:39 PM

Have to say, I'm very happy with this exhaust and the service I received from Steve and Solo Performance. It definitely helps bring out the fun in driving this car.

Here is a video of before and after with a take-off included.

GOINGSOLO2 09-18-2010 09:21 AM

Hey All,
We have our Mach X-LLT kits in stock and ready to ship. If you have any questions, please PM me, email me, or call me anytime at 516-655-9002. Have a great day!

Steve Mariano

GOINGSOLO2 09-26-2010 09:45 AM

We have 3 more kits at the 10% off price. Call today to order yours for $809.10 shipped to your door! You can reach me until midnight EST, 7 days a week at 516-655-9002.

Steve

NFERGY 2011 RJT 09-27-2010 09:19 PM

will this fit 2011 2LT auto,do you still have them for sale price pm with price. THANKS

GOINGSOLO2 09-27-2010 11:05 PM

PM sent! :)

n2hcky 10-01-2010 09:43 AM

I am so close to pulling the trigger on this set-up.
Just gotta figure out how long it will take to get forgiveness from the wife.
I don't ask for permission:headbang:

Still got the deal?

GOINGSOLO2 10-01-2010 01:50 PM

Yes we have 1 or 2 left at this discounted price. Call me anytime, including weekends, with questions or to place an order.

Steve
516-655-9002

GOINGSOLO2 10-07-2010 07:46 AM

In stock and ready to ship:) Call me any time, 7 days a week until midnight EST.

Cmaro214 10-16-2010 04:54 PM

curious, for those who have them already installed, did you keep the original stock system?

CurryHD 10-16-2010 05:46 PM

I left mine with the installation shop to do dispose of... the local scrap yard didn't want anything to do with them.

Mindz 10-17-2010 06:59 PM

Any chance on a kit like this in 3" for a v8? :chevy:

GOINGSOLO2 10-17-2010 10:24 PM

You would not need a 3" exhaust unless you are running upgraded engine internals and/or a Supercharger. Putting a 3" exhaust with stock or mild mods will likely lose power because of the decreased exhaust velocity.

If you wanted a custom setup, give Jeff a call at 905-703-1557. He is the owner and would be happy to help you.

Alfieboy 10-17-2010 11:34 PM

yea

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 2215948)
HA HA we have smaller decals if you would like. PM me your address and we can send you some.

Steve

Same goes for me.. love my Solo Mach X..

:0

GOINGSOLO2 11-02-2010 10:03 AM

We have these in stock and ready to ship:)

Steve
516-655-9002

Nutbutt 11-21-2010 09:04 PM

Hey Steve, Good news and bad news ! First the Good, The J-pipes are sounding better every mile ! I have around 30K and it just keeps sounding better. As I have said previous I have been asked continually what kind of exhaust I have !
The bad news is I just put in my order for a 2011 camaro vert ! The wait begins again and the knowledge that I will have to get rid of those big OEM trash can mufflers ASAP.
I am planning a trip up to Buffalo as soon as its in. Hope there's still a discount by then for a return customer and advertiser. (shameless begging) :facepalm:

GOINGSOLO2 11-23-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 2568896)
Hey Steve, Good news and bad news ! First the Good, The J-pipes are sounding better every mile ! I have around 30K and it just keeps sounding better. As I have said previous I have been asked continually what kind of exhaust I have !
The bad news is I just put in my order for a 2011 camaro vert ! The wait begins again and the knowledge that I will have to get rid of those big OEM trash can mufflers ASAP.
I am planning a trip up to Buffalo as soon as its in. Hope there's still a discount by then for a return customer and advertiser. (shameless begging) :facepalm:

I'm sure we can take care of you...give us a call when you're ready.

HopeRidesAlone 01-06-2011 03:16 PM

Is there anychance of someone haveing a video of this with injen installed?

GOINGSOLO2 01-06-2011 04:56 PM

An intake is not going to do much for the exhaust...it might make it the slightest bit deeper, but that's about it...maybe 5% at best. The thing you should hear is the air whooshing into it as you accelerate:)

Mindz 01-06-2011 05:11 PM

Still hoping for a 3" exhaust. =)

HopeRidesAlone 01-06-2011 07:34 PM

Well be expecting an order sometime next week :)