Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Any other members in Hawaii? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14536)

taz 05-14-2009 07:46 PM

Cool! I didnt know Leeward Servco could do stripes.That is nice to know. I cant tell, but is that the orange leather interior package? Monday will be here before you know it! Congrats!

Finally got a vin number for my camaro so hopefully soon.
Taz

afxaloha89 05-14-2009 08:35 PM

I think you should give us camaro5 members a private showing haha

Adamantium 05-14-2009 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Haole-
Just got back from Servco-- Congratulations! Looks beautiful. Stripes look sweet. I guess your waiting for the fix on the battery cable.
Just about every salesman was in the vicinity gawking!

Bentley78 05-14-2009 10:08 PM

HO BRAH!!! They put the front plate on...NOOOOOOOO

Adamantium 05-14-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bentley78 (Post 488594)
HO BRAH!!! They put the front plate on...NOOOOOOOO

Yeah-- i knew it was inevitable.. but not as bad as I envisioned.
Looks like a buck-tooth on supermodel.

tbss1 05-14-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 488608)
Looks like a buck-tooth on supermodel.

hahaha!

Wolverine 05-14-2009 10:56 PM

Sweet!

afxaloha89 05-15-2009 01:43 AM

Just got Back

Just got back from Servco to see it and man is that thing sharp. There was at least 7 people there when i showed up and they all seemed to be people who had already preorded. Mike told me there getting a Victory Red 1LT with the RS package as there demo car, and it should be here before the end of June.

tbss1 05-15-2009 02:17 PM

Are you going to visit your car? If it were my car, I would be there EVERY DAY! You are one lucky "haole" j/k. How are you doing with the wait, I would go nuts.

SS-LS3 05-17-2009 11:07 PM

:yikes: :facepalm:

i would be bummed out toooooooo......

look on the bright side..... more people will get to see your car and you'll still be the first one out of all of us here to drive one.....

i got a VIN... so mine is about 6-8 weeks away..... maybe...... :iono:

one more thing.... i didn't really like the orange... but now... in person its :thumbup: :bow: pictures do not do the car justice.....

Aloha

Adamantium 05-18-2009 04:46 AM

Haole-- You can't just take it and bring it back when the parts come in? I'd have to fight for that option-- Im guessing you did and got stonewalled. Maybe the prize traffic builder for the dealer show room... bummers

jasonstiller 05-18-2009 06:21 PM

I heard on the radio this AM that one of the Chevy dealers is going away in 2010 :( but I forget which one it is.

tbss1 05-18-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonstiller (Post 498893)
I heard on the radio this AM that one of the Chevy dealers is going away in 2010 :( but I forget which one it is.

windward, where i ordered my car!:cry::cry:

Wolverine 05-19-2009 12:00 PM

If you want to buy a Camaro from Servco, you'll have to go to their Leeward dealership. Anybody have any experience with that dealership?

FRKNlo 05-19-2009 10:05 PM

I tried to place an order in march but servco leeward only taking names for a waiting list. I asked again a couple weeks ago and I still cant put in an order.

I know haole get his camaro at the showroom but they not letting him take it home yet.

Wolverine 05-19-2009 11:38 PM

http://hawaiian50.com/2010Camaro/Camaro%20002.jpg
http://hawaiian50.com/2010Camaro/Camaro%20003.jpg
http://hawaiian50.com/2010Camaro/Camaro%20004.jpg
http://hawaiian50.com/2010Camaro/Camaro%20005.jpg

Haole 05-20-2009 11:56 AM

You are absolutely correct my car is still sitting in the showroom while i am doing my best to keep from going crazy. I try not to call them or go there to look at it anymore. It is consuming my life wating for my car.

:mad0260:

taz 05-21-2009 03:40 AM

I was so sure I read a post that said that they can put electrical tape to take care of the problem until the right type of tape comes in to replace it. It just means that you have to bring in the car later for them to fix the problem permanent. I wish I knew where I saw it, but there is so many posts that I cant remember where.

Well, my car finally shows up on the database. With Windward Servco GM closing down, what that means for my car is something I am not sure of. I wonder if it will go to Leeward Servco or if I have to go through the pre-order process again. Ugh.

I just noticed that you ordered the ground effects! Cool. Are you planning on any mods in the near future?

Taz

taz 05-21-2009 03:50 AM

Sorry, I was wrong. I was looking at the yellow camaro with stripes from Cutter that had the ground effects.

Haole, yours are 20 inch polished rims?

Taz

FRKNlo 05-21-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taz (Post 506539)
<snip>

Well, my car finally shows up on the database. With Windward Servco GM closing down, what that means for my car is something I am not sure of. I wonder if it will go to Leeward Servco or if I have to go through the pre-order process again. Ugh.
<snip>
Taz

To my understanding the dealers that got the letter will not have their contracts renewed in October 2010 with GM and if you already ordered, shouldn't need to worry.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...54&postcount=9
Unless winward servco is closing in the next few months or weeks then the regional sales manager should be contacted and your order will be transferred to another dealer.

Andro 05-21-2009 11:03 AM

Man! I'm glad I don't live in Hawaii anymore only because of those ugly safety check stickers :barf:

tbss1 05-21-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRKNlo (Post 506886)
To my understanding the dealers that got the letter will not have their contracts renewed in October 2010 with GM and if you already ordered, shouldn't need to worry.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...54&postcount=9
Unless winward servco is closing in the next few months or weeks then the regional sales manager should be contacted and your order will be transferred to another dealer.

My sales guy called me tues. this week and said that i don't have to worry. my order is in, and that i should get my car by august this year. I ordered, and put a deposit down on Oct. 20 2008. I got my order number few days after i ordered. My sales guy said he will call me as soon as he get's the vin#. last time i talked to him, he said that my event code was 3300, i hope it moved.

BBfan24 05-21-2009 04:49 PM

I just get a call from my salesman Ron Camp over at Servco Windward. He said my car is currently at 3400!!! the sales manager had already closed the screen and was dealing with another customer so he didn't know the date it went to 3400, and I didn't press because it's not like me checking will move it along faster.

Ron said he'll call me when I move to 3800. I've noticed other members on this site took about a week to go from 3400 to 3800. so if Ron forgets to call i'll just call next week to find out if i have a VIN. i am actually getting really excited now.

Haole, your car looks great. I haven't seen it in person. i'm hoping my car will be the first camaro i see in person so i've been avoiding the showrooms. but now that they've hit hawaii i might accidentally run into one. i thought i saw one a couple days ago but i couldn't be sure because i was on the freeway and it was on the overpass near the humane society, so i'm gonna go with "it was just my imagination"

HotWire 05-21-2009 05:58 PM

OK questio for all you guys dealing with servco. I jsut got off the phone with the sales manager at Cutter and he jsut told me that Servco is shutting its doors. And by this I mean sooner than later. We all know that they are getting axed from GM but aparently employees there got word that they might go ahead and shut it down sooner than required.

But Cutter is 5k over MSRP (will not honor any discounts available to you)

JN is 15k over MSRP (will not honor any discounts available to you)

So guess Im out of luck. Bah Im tired of dealing with these island dealers anyway. Have not found an honest one yet in 5 years. Guess Ill have to fly to mainland and buy one there and send it on the slow boat back.

:mad0260:

Oh that yellow one taht you see around Oahu is the owner's of Cutter Chevy. Goes to show how honest they are with thier place in line. I wonder whos car it was suppoed to be.

Haole 05-21-2009 08:00 PM

SmokinU if you have the patience to wait it out give Mike G a call over at Leeward Servco. As far as I know right now he still can't take any orders but maybe you can go on his wait list. I am paying MSRP for my 2SS/RS. You will just have to have a great deal of patience (as I have learned now). I will hopefully have my car by next weekend. This past 2-3 weeks has really been hard for me waiting for the parts to come in for my recall but the end is in sight. So give him a call and let him know Craig referred you to him. He is a really nice guy and will do what he can for you.