Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chevy needs to take this idea from Dodge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280)

Urthman 10-20-2006 02:45 PM

Chevy needs to take this idea from Dodge

I know that Hot Rod Magazine made a survey about the Camaro, but Chevy should follow in the steps of what Dodge has done. On their website you can "Build and Price" the new Avenger concept just like any other production vehicle. Chevy could really get some good input from potential buyers with this idea. It would also be a good way to get more "buzz" about the production version.

Here's a link:
Avenger Build and Price

Tran 10-20-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urthman (Post 2455)
I know that Hot Rod Magazine made a survey about the Camaro, but Chevy should follow in the steps of what Dodge has done. On their website you can "Build and Price" the new Avenger concept just like any other production vehicle. Chevy could really get some good input from potential buyers with this idea. It would also be a good way to get more "buzz" about the production version.

Here's a link:
Avenger Build and Price

But, keep in mind that Dodge can do this because even though the Avenger is called a "concept", that is essentially the same exact vehicle that will be available early next year. The Camaro isn't nearly as close to being available for order/production yet. But as the Camaro gets close to being available for order I'd love to see something like this for the car also. :w00t:

Urthman 10-23-2006 07:47 AM

That's true, but why not do something similar to this and the Hot Rod survey to help them make final decisions? It's always better to have as much input from your clients as possible.

Casull 10-23-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urthman (Post 2492)
That's true, but why not do something similar to this and the Hot Rod survey to help them make final decisions? It's always better to have as much input from your clients as possible.

My guess is becasue of marketing reasons. If GM puts something like that on their website then they are endorsing it and setting expectations. What then happens if the customers expect that what is on their website will also appear in the production model. You will either have pissed off customers because they do not like what they see on the website even though the production model may be different or you have customers who are pissed when the car is actually released becasue they expected to see the options in the camaro that were on the website but did not make it intot he car. Either way it is a lose lose situation. Plus if they continue saying nothing then it builds anticipation.

fierocamaro 10-28-2006 01:25 PM

I think Urthman is right. chevy should pick up on that idea. I think they would sell so much more with people willing to pay a higher amount.

TAG UR IT 10-29-2006 01:12 AM

Nope. Not a good idea. Potential buyers would give input and then be let down when a certain something wasn't offered in the regular production version. They could possibly feel let down like GM wasn't listening to them and just say, "screw that". If GM wanted anyones opinion, all they would have to do is sit down on any computer and go to any camaro related website. Plus, the big guys from GM are already talking to fbody owners who have owned 3,4,5+ Camaros in their time. They get their information directly from the source. Not from people who just happen to take a poll on a car they would never buy anyway. Polls can be skewed...especially by people who have no idea about the true legacy that Camaro is. An opinion from a face to face 3rd time Camaro owner is much more valuable.

No GM survey for me, thanks.

Moose 10-29-2006 07:19 AM

I'm with Tag. ;) GM would gain alot more "useable" information/opinions/thoughts, etc., from actual f-body owners, ie; focus groups as opposed to surveys.

Urthman 10-30-2006 01:25 PM

You may be right, but having owned only one Camaro previously I don't fall in to that category.

LowRider 12-15-2006 10:55 AM

Sorry but i agree w/ tag too.