Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Calling all Vendors with CAI's - PROVE Your CAI Gains! READ (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43722)

Fastlane 09-23-2009 12:31 PM

We will ship one by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions......

JANNETTYRACING 09-23-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastlane (Post 959414)
We will ship one by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions......

That is 5 anyone else?
Revolution
ADM, Recieved 09-23-09
LMR
TSP
Fastlane

Ted.

Croathlete 09-23-2009 01:00 PM

Vararam better get in on this test...

Doc 09-23-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 959571)
Vararam better get in on this test...

Yeah seriously. Actually I have an idea. Whoever's product wins this test, I say they should sell those to Ted at wholesale and we all buy them from him so he gets something out of this.

MaroSS 09-23-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 958131)
No, no... this thread DOES kick a$$!

Your right ... how foolish of me :facepalm: :popcorn:

GMRULZ 09-23-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORANGE U NV (Post 959269)
I had already ordered my Roto-fab CAI when this thread started. It arrived undamaged and neatly packed in a cutout foam base. I just finished the install and did a fuse pull overnight. I am very happy with the quality, color instructions and the easy install. :w00t

Personally, I expect all CAI's to produce about the same amount of increase. I based my purchase on the comments shared on this forum and the details of the product. Honestly, when it arrived it exceeded my expectations when I inspected the craftsmanship of the product.

I'm really disappointed that Roto-fab has not responded or provided a reason for not participating in this test. I don't race and I just wanted a good CAI for the money. I'm still satisfied that Roto-fab is a good value and don't regret my purchase............ but com'on guys. Hell, if I had not installed it already I would have shipped it for testing. Hellooooo............you guys are on this forum all the time.

I'm a customer, and I'm calling y'all out and throwing down the bull$**t card! :bs:

Send them a PM w/ the link, they could have missed it....Most likely not but there is always that possibility.

Vararam should send their no tune unit as well.

Ted,
Thanks again for doing this. I remember the old LT1 days myself...
My 96 LT1 TA:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...gmrulzbest.jpg

Roto-fab 1 09-23-2009 03:38 PM

Roto-fab CAI

A vendor sent us a link to this thread...it sounds like a great idea and we would like to be involved with it! One of our systems will be sent out to you yet this week. We were involved with a similar competition with our HEMI intake. It resulted in good info for consumers and produced a big spike in sales for us!

I do have a few suggestions stemming from that comparison. The promoters reviewed and posted pics of:
1) packaging/condition of product upon arrival
2) ease of installation/instructions thorough?
3) fit and finish
4) performance/drivability

While performance is definitely the driving force behind our intake designs, we realize our customers consider all of the qualities listed above to be relevant to their purchasing decision. That's why we put a great deal of effort and attention to detail towards each one of these issues.:)

BlackinBlack 09-23-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 (Post 960163)
A vendor sent us a link to this thread...it sounds like a great idea and we would like to be involved with it! One of our systems will be sent out to you yet this week. We were involved with a similar competition with our HEMI intake. It resulted in good info for consumers and produced a big spike in sales for us!

I do have a few suggestions stemming from that comparison. The promoters reviewed and posted pics of:
3) fit and finish

While performance is definitely the driving force behind our intake designs, we realize our customers consider all of the qualities listed above to be relevant to their purchasing decision. That's why we put a great deal of effort and attention to detail towards each one of these issues.:)

Great to see Roto-Fab join the fray. :D I am very interested to see the results.

gmag21 09-23-2009 03:50 PM

LMR needs to step to the plate, and Vararam. :popcorn:

ADM PERFORMANCE 09-23-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 959520)
That is 5 anyone else?
ADM, Recieved 09-23-09
Ted.

:thumbup:

Andy

ORANGE U NV 09-23-2009 03:58 PM

Reguarding my rant above....... I respectfully withdraw my B.S. card. :clap:

And an apology to Roto-fab, since you were unaware of the testing. I was getting frustrated not hearing from you guys since all everyone says about y'all is what stand up people you are. Thank you, I love my Roto-fab CAI & good luck! :respekt: :thumbup: :popcorn:

JANNETTYRACING 09-23-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

3) fit and finish

Thank You Rotofab.

We now have 6
Revolution
ADM, Recieved 09-23-09
LMR
TSP
Fastlane
Rotofab

Ted.

Number_9 09-23-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 960395)
...We now have 6
Revolution
ADM, Recieved 09-23-09
LMR
TSP
Fastlane
Rotofab

Ted.

Hey Ted - are you waiting for all the units arrive before testing or are you testing them as they come? I can see value either way.

:popcorn:

ssmike 09-23-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

3) fit and finish

Thanks Roto-Fab for stepping up to be included! I agree with your list above, all are very important qualities, not just raw performance! For me the drivability is imparative because I do more around town commuting than I do racing. I had a New Era OTR installed but had to return it due to too much air flow causing engine bucking at low, light throttle cruising. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing New Era, they make excellent products, but for me their intake was not a fit. If I drag race more than cruise then it would be a great fit! So what I'm trying to say is as consumers we all need to know as much as possible about a product before purchasing in order to make an educated decision! I really don't even care which one wins for most horsepower gains but I am more interested in the entire package! Thanks everyone for this very exciting comparison!

EAkrish 09-23-2009 04:45 PM

Well cross new era off my list. Your the sixth person I have heard of with the bucking!

JANNETTYRACING 09-23-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 960405)
Hey Ted - are you waiting for all the units arrive before testing or are you testing them as they come? I can see value either way.

:popcorn:

I will wait for all units to arrive but I will have to place a deadline at some point.

I am taking in all suggestions as to what everyone wants to see so I have my work cut out for me.

I will be very organized because that is who I am, :D I will open all boxes in front of the camera.

Ted.

Mod4SS 09-23-2009 05:34 PM

:bump:

Mzodarg 09-23-2009 05:44 PM

How about a stock airbox with K&N Filter comparison. This would give the consumer a gauge as to wether his hard earned coin $400 + vise $50 for the K&N filter. Stock may not be as pretty, but I for one want performance, nothing more.

Just saying.

Mike

Doc 09-23-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzodarg (Post 960870)
How about a stock airbox with K&N Filter comparison. This would give the consumer a gauge as to wether his hard earned coin $400 + vise $50 for the K&N filter. Stock may not be as pretty, but I for one want performance, nothing more.

Just saying.

Mike

Excellent idea! :thumbsup:

Late Model Racecraft 09-23-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmag21 (Post 960221)
LMR needs to step to the plate, and Vararam. :popcorn:

Why do you say this. We are already in on the test!:thumbup:

Number_9 09-23-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 960763)
I will wait for all units to arrive but I will have to place a deadline at some point.

I am taking in all suggestions as to what everyone wants to see so I have my work cut out for me.

I will be very organized because that is who I am, :D I will open all boxes in front of the camera.

Excellent... :thumbsup:

Airaid Filters 09-23-2009 06:33 PM

AIRAID wants to play :thumbup:

Here is our Airaid part # 250-243 for the 2010 6.2L LS3/L99.

I should have a production piece to send out to you next week.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...marokitRGB.jpg

Thanks,
David

DarricSS 09-23-2009 06:42 PM

Gogo:clap: Airaid and Roto-Fab, looks alone are great selling points for both of your products...:thumbsup:

Mike TexaSS 09-23-2009 06:46 PM

This is great! Battle of the brands!!! :fighting0040:

Verio 09-23-2009 06:48 PM

Just need Vararam and Hennessey now.

Somehow I don't think Hennessey is going to jump in on this one :(