Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Big Ugly Autofest supports Ft Campbell Military personnel & families (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366000)

RubyCamaro 06-28-2014 10:42 PM

Big Ugly Autofest supports Ft Campbell Military personnel & families

28 Attachment(s)
Music City Camaro club showed out in force today at the Big Ugly Autofest in Clarksville, TN at the Clarksville Speedway. The show was to benefit Bravo Co 96 ASB/101st CAB FRG. FRG stands for Family Readiness Group. They are there to support the soldiers and their families both here at the duty station (FT Campbell) and when they are away downrange to other countries. There were 26 Camaros plus a few members with their Vettes & a heavily modified CTSV. MCCC took our first club participation award along with several trophies including Best of show, best engine, 1st place in late model cars & best interior awards. One of the several Camaros from Memphis who drove up to join us took the award for driving the farthest. We also 5th Gen Camaros join us from the Chattanooga area & all over out Middle Tennessee area.

We would have had more cars but some stayed away because of a 50% chance of rain. That unfortunately, caused the whole show to suffer low attendance. There had been over 200 cars pre-registered & clearly no where near that many showed up and most of us were not pre-registered. Those pre-registered cars that did not show up though were just donations to the cause. We lucked out & had no rain but it was OPPRESSIVELY hot & humid. Any way, here are some pics from the event.

RED DEMON SS 06-28-2014 10:50 PM

35 years ago i use to work outside the main gate at a place called G's Pancake House and we use to go to Lake Clarksville and party every weekend! Thanks for sharing Ruby~:headbang:

crabapple 06-28-2014 10:53 PM

Great post Ruby!!! It was very nice meeting you and the others today. I really enjoyed it and look forward to seeing all of you again......Steve

RubyCamaro 06-28-2014 11:10 PM

26 Attachment(s)
More pics:

yotaman96 06-28-2014 11:22 PM

Nice turnout. Wish I could have made it out.

GundamX7X 06-29-2014 12:27 AM

Great to see everybody out and about showing their support. 2nd deployment almost over, after break I will join the party once again. :headbang:

Sent from my Surface Pro2

Dznts 06-29-2014 12:43 AM

Nice

69supersport396 06-29-2014 12:53 AM

Great pics. Did you win one of those big trophies ?

woodside783 06-29-2014 06:41 AM

Wish this would been on a differnt weekend

Smitty88 06-29-2014 08:44 AM

Was good to seeing you all old & new.

ntmad8tr 06-29-2014 09:07 AM

Wish I could have been there. Stupid work........

RubyCamaro 06-29-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabapple (Post 7780386)
Great post Ruby!!! It was very nice meeting you and the others today. I really enjoyed it and look forward to seeing all of you again......Steve

Great meeting you too along with several other new folks or folks we have known a while but just making it to their first event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotaman96 (Post 7780434)
Nice turnout. Wish I could have made it out.

Catch ya next time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamX7X (Post 7780513)
Great to see everybody out and about showing their support. 2nd deployment almost over, after break I will join the party once again. :headbang:

Stay safe & looking forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks to you for your service!

Sent from my Surface Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 7780533)
Great pics. Did you win one of those big trophies ?

I just went up with Jeff (President) in my role as Vice President of MCCC to accept out very first club participation award. Ruby is great fun but not really a show car. (though she does love to show off!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodside783 (Post 7780671)
Wish this would been on a differnt weekend

Yeah, we know you were out representing MCCC at another great event. How did you do? I still want to make it out to some autocross events but it just hasn't worked out so I could make one of them yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntmad8tr (Post 7780810)
Wish I could have been there. Stupid work........

Work is important. Maybe next event.

I slept in really late this morning. That heat, humidity & sun really took a toll on me but it was well worth it.

lowlock410 06-29-2014 09:21 PM

So since we got a club participation award does that mean everyone in the show can share the trophy for a week! How can I schedule my week???

RubyCamaro 06-29-2014 09:58 PM

It would be nice to try to do something like that but coordinating it will be tough.