Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   best trailing arms and toe rods with bushings? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358270)

Roger Stattel 05-13-2014 08:01 PM

best trailing arms and toe rods with bushings?

I know this may be alot of preference but who has the best package. Pfadt was my first choice but are difficult to get a hold of now. Any experience?

NYYFan325 05-13-2014 08:14 PM

Read my thread a few below this one... I just got my BMR setup. I recommend contacting Apex-speed and go the same route

Bo White 05-13-2014 08:19 PM

Everything under the ass end of my SS is BMR.

Roger Stattel 05-13-2014 08:30 PM

Thanks ya I had read ur thread, was just trying to get multiple views. For the trailing arms is there only one bushing or is there one for each end of the ta? I see that all the toe rods have one for each side.

BMR Sales 05-14-2014 09:30 AM

Hey Roger, the Trailing Arms (TCA026) do utilize both an inner and outer bushing. The inner bushings are included with the Trailing Arms because they are physically installed in the Trailing Arm. The Outer Trailing Arm Bushings (BK006) are sold separately because they are installed in the rear spindle and not directly in the Trailing Arms. We always highly recommend upgrading that Outer Trailing Arm Bushing any time you upgrade your Trailing Arms. Without them, you're not getting the full potential out of the new Trailing Arms.

Apex Motorsports 05-14-2014 09:41 AM

BMR is what I would recommend. Their parts work great and are priced right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYYFan325 (Post 7662055)
Read my thread a few below this one... I just got my BMR setup. I recommend contacting Apex-speed and go the same route

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo White (Post 7662077)
Everything under the ass end of my SS is BMR.

Same here.

hrpiii 05-14-2014 10:15 AM

another vote for BMR. Solid quality and their sh*t works.

BMR Sales 05-14-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpiii (Post 7663331)
another vote for BMR. Solid quality and their sh*t works.

Thanks Man....that's the best description I've heard yet!!! LOL!!!

Roger Stattel 05-14-2014 12:00 PM

Alright it looks like bmr then. Can bmr tell me the difference between the two boxed trailing arms. Specifically why is the one with the bearing more expensive? Obvious I want it if it better but can I get an explanation?

NYYFan325 05-14-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7663355)
Thanks Man....that's the best description I've heard yet!!! LOL!!!

I full expect this quote to be in your signature shortly or I'll be disappointed :D

BMR Sales 05-14-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Stattel (Post 7663627)
Alright it looks like bmr then. Can bmr tell me the difference between the two boxed trailing arms. Specifically why is the one with the bearing more expensive? Obvious I want it if it better but can I get an explanation?

The only difference is the inner connection point, one being a polyurethane bushing, and the other being a Teflon-lined spherical bearing. For a primarily street-driven car, we recommend the poly bushing version just because it will suppress the NVH better than the spherical bearing, and it is still a significant improvement over the stock rubber bushings in the factory trailing arms. The TCA027 with the spherical bearing is more suited to the high HP guys who regularly track their cars and are looking for the strongest arm possible with zero deflection on that inner joint.

Dexman1349 05-14-2014 01:19 PM

Just a suggestion for the toe rods, I am running the 1LE/ZL1 rods with the spherical bearings.

The rods themselves are identical to the SS, but instead of the soft factory bushings or a slightly stiffer urethane bushing they utilize spherical bearings. Because of the way the loading is applied to the toe rods, the real controlling factor on how well they perform is through the bearings. By eliminating any potential binding because of the bearings, the rod will be able to perform to it's capacity.

Plus, you can find a set of take-offs in the marketplace for under $100 (bought mine for $70).

For the price, you could also look into the Spohn brand carried by JDP. Their bushings are a little stiffer than BMR, and the prices are comperable. Another option would be to look at LSR.

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

JDP Sales 05-14-2014 01:43 PM

BMR, Spohn and DSE from most cost effective to best IMO. The biggest difference you will find between brands is weight, bushing material and arm material.

What bushings you go with will depend on your usage with the car. We have hands on experience with all of the above. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I will be happy to explain the differences and benefits and help get you dialed in with the right parts to meet your application.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

forklord 05-14-2014 02:04 PM

BMR