Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   For Those with Camaro Problems...Escalation Procedure (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71421)

Inspector 17 03-16-2010 05:22 PM

For Those with Camaro Problems...Escalation Procedure

There have been a few threads on here started by people who have had problems with their cars that were not handled or resolved to their satisfaction by their dealer. In some cases, these have been escalated (thanks in part to this forum and its members) to GM and are in the process of being addressed. In some cases, people have been bashing GM, their dealers, the Camaro, etc.

I realized that many people don't know the options that are available to them when it comes to getting issues like this addressed. So I felt I would outline what should be done in these cases. Please note, these are for issues that have not been handled appropriately or to your satisfaction by your dealer. Don't contact GM if you haven't gone to your dealer first and at least given them a chance to address the problem.

The first step should always be to take the car back to your dealer. Give the dealer a chance to address the issue. [This is where having a reliable dealer and having a good relationship with them comes in handy, but I digress.] Personally, I would recommend documenting this process for yourself just in case it does need to be escalated later.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

If you feel further escalation is necessary, PM me.

Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues.

NOTE: If you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.

jeffny09 03-16-2010 05:34 PM

peteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspector 17 03-16-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffny09 (Post 1597753)
peteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused0068: Wuz up Jefffff!

jeffny09 03-16-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 1597777)
:confused0068: Wuz up Jefffff!

oooo nothing new man, been meaning to email you but been a bit busy latly bro! how bout you?>

Number 3 03-17-2010 07:53 AM

Thanks to Camropete for posting this. I have given some of you this number in the past in hopes that you would do exactly as he has suggested.

You can use this number to report a problem with your dealer or a problem with your vehicle that has not been resolved to your satisfaction.

To report an issue regarding a dealership:
First contact the Customer Assistance Group by calling 1-800-508-3060
If the issue is still not resolved and the customer is in need of additional assistance:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)

For questions regarding GM warranty coverage (new car warranty and GMPP warranty)
Contact with the Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060

To follow up on an existing customer case with Customer Assistance Center:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)

The escalation process is a form that I or any GM employee submits internally but you will have to have the SR number which you can only get from Customer Assistance.

So the process asks that you give your dealer a chance to take care of you. If not then you can call the 1-800 number and if that doesn't work, have a GM employee go to the "How to help a customer" website and submit an Escalation Form on your behalf. And you can PM me if you have problems with this or if you need help with escallation.

I can assure you that there is a significant focus on making sure GM customere are the most satisfied. As Mr. Reuss has stated, we will do it one customer at a time.

GTAHVIT 03-17-2010 01:20 PM

Great information.

Thanks guys!

Dr Jkel 03-17-2010 01:32 PM

Does this work on the Camaro or any General Motors Vehicle? Also does the vehicle have to be in warranty? I am having a problem, not with my Camaro but my Truck, it's a long story, but no resolution.

Number 3 03-17-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jekel (Post 1601389)
Does this work on the Camaro or any General Motors Vehicle? Also does the vehicle have to be in warranty? I am having a problem, not with my Camaro but my Truck, it's a long story, but no resolution.

Any GM Vehicle. Try that 1-800 number. This is not a Camaro only program for helping customers.

ron10 03-17-2010 05:17 PM

great info.thanks.

Partick 03-17-2010 05:24 PM

Great info, hats off to camaropete and Number3!

Dr Jkel 03-19-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1602489)
Any GM Vehicle. Try that 1-800 number. This is not a Camaro only program for helping customers.

Thanks Number 3, I will give it a try. I am just really frustrated about my truck.

skuttduck 04-08-2010 08:43 PM

Suggest Sticky for this thread.

LSP2010 04-08-2010 08:51 PM

k

Inspector 17 04-09-2010 07:09 AM

Also, anyone who uses the process please post your results so others can see how things were handled.