Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I thought I'd have my new 1SS today... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72584)

mhood 03-22-2010 08:52 PM

I thought I'd have my new 1SS today...

but the dealer seems to have cooled on the deal. They said they had a car located for me (base black on black 1SS M6), we agreed on a price, said they'd call back Saturday with the mileage on the car (I wanted to know) and said they'd drive into Dallas and trailer it back to me. I didn't get a call Saturday...didn't get a call today...when I called the salesman, he acts like he'd never heard of me and it's a small dealership in the middle of nowhere that I visited to check out an IOM 2SS (it had an auto...not what I wanted).

In a positive light, this does give me the chance to w8 on 2011s to see if there are any nice changes that I would want. I hear orders will begin mid April. It also gives me the chance to w8 until the 2011s are being ordered/shipped to pick up 2010 inventory at a better price. I also had a dealer in Ft. Worth tell me he could deliver a convertible in August.

My thought is a standard package 1SS and some performance add-ons (i.e., CAI, muffler delete, headers, resonated x-pipe) over a tricked out 2SS with lots of options.

What do ya'll think? W8ing is the hardest part but I have a gr8 old truck and can afford to w8...this isn't my first car, so I'm over the uncontrollable hots.

PAUL SS 03-22-2010 08:58 PM

Get what you want, don't settle for a lot car if it isn't exactly what you want. If you can wait and it sounds like you can, order one now or wait for the 11's.

BackinBlackSS/RS 03-22-2010 09:01 PM

I agree. This is no car to settle for something that is close to what you want. Get this car exactly the way you want it. If you can find that on a lot even the better.

SS4PK 03-22-2010 11:04 PM

Wait they will surely come out with some things - I wish ours had--

wbt 03-22-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhood (Post 1622473)
but the dealer seems to have cooled on the deal. They said they had a car located for me (base black on black 1SS M6), we agreed on a price, said they'd call back Saturday with the mileage on the car (I wanted to know) and said they'd drive into Dallas and trailer it back to me. I didn't get a call Saturday...didn't get a call today...when I called the salesman, he acts like he'd never heard of me and it's a small dealership in the middle of nowhere that I visited to check out an IOM 2SS (it had an auto...not what I wanted).

In a positive light, this does give me the chance to w8 on 2011s to see if there are any nice changes that I would want. I hear orders will begin mid April. It also gives me the chance to w8 until the 2011s are being ordered/shipped to pick up 2010 inventory at a better price. I also had a dealer in Ft. Worth tell me he could deliver a convertible in August.

My thought is a standard package 1SS and some performance add-ons (i.e., CAI, muffler delete, headers, resonated x-pipe) over a tricked out 2SS with lots of options.

What do ya'll think? W8ing is the hardest part but I have a gr8 old truck and can afford to w8...this isn't my first car, so I'm over the uncontrollable hots.

I got the 1SS with no options and absolutely love the car. Go to the Chevy website and search the metroplex dealers for the car you want. Make a weekend trip if you can agree on a price and put a deposit down to hold. :thumbsup:

Scrappy Doo 03-22-2010 11:09 PM

Hey this guy is suspended so probably won't be answering anymore for awjile.