Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Bad paint on black 2ss (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28641)

soonerfanru2 06-21-2009 10:38 AM

Bad paint on black 2ss

My car arrived on the 16 of june # 1504 I went and drove it and sighned all the paperwork. I left it there so they could install the gfx the next day. The car was still dirty from shipping when I test drove it so I couldnt tell any thing was wrong. Well the dealer called me and said there was defects in the paint and If was there car they wouldnt want it. It looks like little indentions in the paint and it is rusting already in those spots and is on most sections of the car. The GM rep is going to inspect it some times this week and tell me my options. I really want the low number car but I do not want a car that has been repainted. If they can reorder me one and put me at the top of the list where I will receive it in about a month I think I will wait. Any Ideas on what my options are and what I should do?

VR Code R6P 06-21-2009 10:46 AM

The low VIN would be nice to keep, but I'm not sure it would be worth it to me. Inside, I would always know it had been painted on. If it was one small part of the car, like the front bumper, maybe. Just my 2cents. Good luck.

chrisinlittlerock 06-21-2009 10:47 AM

it's so sad this is a reocurring theme. GM had a prime opportunity to get this right and they failed again. You can't say it's because it's a new car. I've owned 5 Toyotas and none of them had ANY issues, zero!!!! Make them get you a new car ASAP!!!! And bitch the whole time.

speedster 06-21-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock (Post 605777)
it's so sad this is a reocurring theme. GM had a prime opportunity to get this right and they failed again. You can't say it's because it's a new car. I've owned 5 Toyotas and none of them had ANY issues, zero!!!! Make them get you a new car ASAP!!!! And bitch the whole time.

I have had problems with a new model Toyota, so it is not unique to GM. :(

Bell040 06-21-2009 11:02 AM

mine (#1691) has the same little spots... its looks like a bunch of drops of acid (20 or 30) sat on the paint (hood, roof and trunk) for a while. I tried buffing on them for a long while but they will not come out.

I bet this happened while the car was sitting in QC in Pontiac, MI.

DarricSS 06-21-2009 11:08 AM

I would keep the Low Vin# car and have the body shop repaint it and throw in some painted rally stripes...

stikSS 06-21-2009 11:15 AM

That sux...... mine is coming this week, and i'm not accepting it if there is the first thing wrong with it. I hate seeing this over and over.

tom692010 06-21-2009 11:32 AM

15 times back to the shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 605787)
I have had problems with a new model Toyota, so it is not unique to GM. :(

I bought a 08 saturn vue and I sh** you not I had it back within the first year 15x. Sometimes for the same issue,sometimes to correct the problem they caused by trying to repair it. Anyway I bet everyones got a story
one way or another about a satanic vehicle. Gone now-traded it for the Camaro!!!:happyanim:

KLR ZL1 06-21-2009 12:36 PM

Bad paint

Quote:

Originally Posted by soonerfanru2 (Post 605761)
My car arrived on the 16 of june # 1504 I went and drove it and sighned all the paperwork. I left it there so they could install the gfx the next day. The car was still dirty from shipping when I test drove it so I couldnt tell any thing was wrong. Well the dealer called me and said there was defects in the paint and If was there car they wouldnt want it. It looks like little indentions in the paint and it is rusting already in those spots and is on most sections of the car. The GM rep is going to inspect it some times this week and tell me my options. I really want the low number car but I do not want a car that has been repainted. If they can reorder me one and put me at the top of the list where I will receive it in about a month I think I will wait. Any Ideas on what my options are and what I should do?

I would tell them that if the car is going to be repainted at their expense that you want to pick a custom paint shop to do it right. If not then you need a discounted camaro price for the hassle. I ordered blkonblk also. Good luck and keep us posted just in case it happens to someone else.:chevy::yikes:

Wikedwil 06-21-2009 12:42 PM

GM or any manufacturer will not authorize a "outside shop" to do repairs. I have been in the biz for 30 years. Got out bcause of BS like this and insurance companies.
Good luck !!! They do have to fix it right.

Baughman 06-21-2009 12:48 PM

Yikes!!! I also ordered black on black. So def. keep us up to date if you don't mind. As far as getting a new car or repainting. I would have to say it depends on how bad and soon you "have" to have the car. Good luck with your decisions.

carls241 06-21-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soonerfanru2 (Post 605761)

My dealer has repaired my car (Black 2SS) and I keep finding items. Look for my thread "Shes Damaged and review. I suggest you re-order and wait. Contrary to popular belief, they do have ways of expediting a replacement.

It will never be the same as a factory paint job, and you are paying way too much for this car.

Just mt 2 cents

Vash 06-21-2009 01:06 PM

There is no way it's rusting unless someone scraped up the metal. It's galvanized.

We would need pictures.

earn88hardt 06-21-2009 01:12 PM

sounds like raill dust to me you can't get tha stuff out of the paint