Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Chassis / Brakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Camaro5's Pfadt Forum Authorized Dealer (Pfad)- APEX Motorsports (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245870)

Apex Motorsports 08-23-2012 08:10 PM

Camaro5's Pfadt Forum Authorized Dealer (Pfad)- APEX Motorsports

http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/da.../PFAD_logo.jpg

Apex Motorsports is proud to Camaro5's Pfadt Forum Authorized Dealer (PFAD) status. This designation is a new program that Pfadt has created for authorized dealers/distributors that stand out from the pack by providing outstanding technical and product support to the online enthusiast communities. We would like to thank Pfadt not only for their stamp of approval but for also providing outstanding products for us to offer our customers. Thanks to our customers as well who have helped us become Camaro5's #1 source for Pfadt Race Engineering products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 3630166)
If it were me, I would take a moment to contact Chase. I'm sure that through his years of experience with the Camaro he's seen just about every combination of parts imaginable. He's one of our most reputable dealers and can get a setup that will perform flawlessly for your needs.

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/div.jpg

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/detailed/4/1410109.jpg

Pfadt V6/SS/ZL1 Lowering Spings: $300 SHIPPED

Pfadt Race Engineering offers the ultimate solution for lowering your Camaro. These drop springs are engineered to provide the lowered look you want and the ride quality you demand. With Pfadt's engineering approach and track testing, you can rest assured that your Pfadt Drop Springs are going to last. They use only the highest quality steel and the latest manufacturing technology. Pfadt Lowering Springs have been engineered to optimize the factory damping with a 1 to 1.25 drop and increased spring rate. Lower your Camaro more than 1.25 inches and you'll find that the factory dampers no longer work properly, resulting in a bouncy ride.

Pfadt Drop Springs Feature:
  • Engineered to optimize the factory shock absorber damping
  • 1 to 1.25 inches of drop for the correct relation between looks and proper function
  • Engineering design and race testing ensures the ultimate in quality and longevity
  • Powder coated gloss silver for unbeatable looks and durability
  • Made in the USA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain McFunk (Post 2427501)
Hey guys, I just bought my Pfadt drop springs from Chase at Apex. They are awesome. The instructions are some of the best I've seen yet. Awesome product, no squeeks, and the perfect drop.

Adam

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargomike (Post 3181612)
Ordered my Pfadt springs from Apex , great price and we recieved them very quick , A++++ service .

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBOSS (Post 2512295)
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day! :)

Now to find a time to throw them on! :chevy:

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakestang65 (Post 2448514)
First off, many thanks to Chase at Apex! I ordered a set of the Pfadt springs from Apex and they were out for delivery that same day! They came in yesterday evening. The install was not difficult, the 2 most time consuming events of the install was getting the car off the ground and removing the sway bar end links. Goofing around (taking my time) I had the entire job done including cleanup in about 3.5 hours... Took the car in this morning for an alignment and just got back from the test drive...

I cannot say enough good things about the way the car handles now!! I wish I would have done this months ago! The ride is not quite as compliant as prior, but it is not rough by any means. Just a bit firmer... The car does not feel quite as heavy as it did with the stock springs. Cornering is nice and flat. I cannot say enough good stuff about the engineering that Pfadt has put into these springs! The drop height and ride is perfect.

Many thanks again to Chase and Victoria at Apex!

Pfadt, you have a great product!

John

Quote:

Originally Posted by khislop007 (Post 2196774)
Got my Pfadt lowering springs thanks to Chase @ Apex Motorsports. Did a self-install yesterday and was pretty easy. Any body can do it as long as you have a T50 torx wrench.....had to run into work to pick one up :)

Now the car handles like how it should.....feels like as if it were on rails and I don't know if its me or not, but I think it has a better ride quality than the stock suspension.....no bounce or pounding at all!!! I'd recommend these to anybody looking a good set of lowering springs....Pfadt nailed it on this one!!

khislop007's Camaro BEFORE Pfadt lowering springs:

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/r...7/IMG_2214.jpg

khislop007's Camaro AFTER Pfadt lowering springs:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1281311112

http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/da...way_Bars_5.jpg

Pfadt 2012+ ZL Spec Sway Bars: $525 SHIPPED

Pfadt 2010-2011 Adjustable Sport Sway Bars: $425SHIPPED

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 3102225)
:confused0068: I think the car just came to life! Stance, and handling is greatly improved and NO sacrifice for ride comfort. I couldn't believe the difference in size from the stock sway bars. They look tiny compared to the Pfadt sways. Thanks Chase!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCPO/SS (Post 3120691)
Chase,

Got the PFDAT swaybars installed and they are great. Thanks for the great customer service!!!!

Install Pfadt Sway Bars on your Camaro and you'll immediately feel more planted and in control! Pfadt built their reputation on engineering well-balanced, performance minded suspension products and their sway bars hit epitomize this.

Made in the USA of high strength steel, these bars provide the proper rate of stiffness and balance. The sway bars will inspire confidence and keep you planted for the ultimate driving experience.

Under-steer and the 5th Gen Camaro

The Pfadt Camaro sway bars required major engineering changes from the factory bar package to eliminate the notorious under-steer. Basic vehicle dynamics say that to eliminate under-steer you must increase the roll stiffness in the rear of the car - this rear bar does exactly that. That's how they achieve such great balance. If a sway bar package offers huge increases in the stiffness of the front bar, your Camaro is going to suffer from increased under-steer compared to the OEM sway bars!

The video below highlights some of the on-car testing that went into these sway bars. This video is a demo to show how much you can affect the balance of the car with sway bar changes. The day this video was shot, Pfadt tested several packages which is a critical part of proving their engineering before building the product.

CLICK HERE to check out Pfadt suspension packages and the rest of the full Pfadt Race Engineering product line at APEX Motorsports.

Not sure exactly what you need? Have questions? Looking for a custom package? The team at APEX Motorsports is here to help! Give us a call at (502)930-APEX, send us an email, or just send me a PM.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...57059623_n.jpg

Apex Motorsports 08-31-2012 05:40 AM

Members of the forums we sponsor have become accustomed to reading quotes like these on a regular basis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroNewb (Post 2360787)
+1 for Chase. I bought these form him like 2 weeks ago and they were at my door so fast that I couldn't figure out what they were until I opened the box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Envious (Post 5202262)
Ordered mine on Friday had it Monday. Ordered a washer relocation tank Wednesday. Had it on Friday. Just like a Camaro, fast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by puzzzeler (Post 4968230)
I would have to agree Apex for sure really fast shipping these guys are on the ball ,give them a shot you cant go wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikester0612 (Post 5098788)
And I just wanted to give a big thanks to Apex Motorsports for the great service. Ordered this CAI on Wednesday in the afternoon around 1 and I got it on Friday !! Thanks Apex !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley (Post 4609243)
So I ordered Friday night. Order went through on Monday, intake was installed Wednesday after I got of work. Shipping was fast and free and that's why I love ordering from Apex!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andys562 (Post 4864687)
Just got the springs in today! Planning on getting them installed a little later today or tomorrow.

But wow! Apex ships FAST. I did NOT expect the springs to be on my doorstep today and what do you know, they're right there.
Big ups to Apex for the lightning fast shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl (Post 3742223)
First of all I want to give a big thank you to Chase and Victoria from Apex Speed. I needed this part on Friday and I ordered it Wednesday; they called me personally to handle my request and got it to me really fast. They were great to work with and I really appreciate the awesome customer service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfm237 (Post 4468982)
Ordered the SW Retro Chambered exhaust and Black CAI on Monday.. The Exhaust arrived on Wednesday and the CAI on thursday... Thats to New Jersey.. A+++ To Apex for their quick shipping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Muscle (Post 1855055)
apex chase, Hurst shifter got delivered today, took only 2 days to get to CT!! Going to install it tonight, thanks for the fast service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boricat (Post 1926169)
Unbelievable!!
Ordered on 5/28 on the doorstep 5/29!!

Thanks again,
Joe

Quote:

Originally Posted by fritcherc (Post 4575496)
I sent Chase a couple of emails, told him what I wanted and a few days later it was on my doorstep. Chase and Apex have been a pleasure to deal with and I couldn't be happier in my decision to do business with them. Great product support, easy to get ahold of and fast shipping!!!! Two thumbs up in my book! Thanks, Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack's Girl (Post 2128657)
Thank you so much Chase! Ordered my CAI intake Sunday, shipped Monday and got it yesterday and installed! Great service! Love the performance! 1000% satisfied!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrrod6410 (Post 2657755)
Ordered mine Friday afternoon and got it Tuesday morning......WOW

Now I'm off to install it

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS CAMARO (Post 2552843)
Talk about fast shipping I got 1 day after you shipped it .

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBOSS (Post 2512295)
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day!

Now to find a time to throw them on!

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!

How Do We Do It?

From the beginning, our operation was set up to function as rapidly and efficiently as possible. Most of our order processing system is automated which means that an order can be completely processed and ready for pick up within minutes of the order being placed. Unlike many of our competitors, APEX Motorsports is a stocking distributor for most of the brands we carry and not a dedicated drop shipper. This allows us to ship in stock items the same day or next if the order is received after our last pick up. In the event that an item is out of stock, APEX Motorsports has access to multiple extensive distributor networks and can draw on the inventories of dozens of regional warehouses across the country and ship the item from the warehouse closest to you.

APEX Motorsports has another key advantage over our competition. Our physical location. Like Amazon, Zappos, and many other major shippers APEX Motorsports is located in Louisville, Ky. which places us within 600 miles of more than 60% of the United States population. It also places us only a few miles from the UPS World Hub. That means that once your order leaves our loading dock it doesn't have to travel 1-2 days to be processed before being directed to your address. It is done within hours of the order being placed and is on it's way to your door, more than 60% of which aren't very far down the road.

Below is a map displaying the estimated delivery times for orders shipped from APEX Motorsports.

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/shipmap.gif

Apex Motorsports 09-22-2012 03:27 PM

Here is a link to a great thread one of our customers posted about his experience working with me to select the appropriate suspension set up for his 2012 Camaro SS and his results. If you would like to talk to someone about a custom suspension or performance package for your ride just give a call or hit us up via email or private message.

SUKXOST 10-12-2012 05:50 AM

Awesome! My Pfadt springs are in the garage waiting on my 1LE. Thanks again man

Apex Motorsports 10-12-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 5684622)
Awesome! My Pfadt springs are in the garage waiting on my 1LE. Thanks again man

Thanks for your order. Be sure to let us know what you think once you install them. And post pictures!

BUZZCAMARO 10-22-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 5686853)
Thanks for your order. Be sure to let us know what you think once you install them. And post pictures!

Well I'll take that offer. I just had mine installed last Friday, only a few days after getting the new TSW wheels and Continental tires. The two guys that installed them said "wow, it really rides harsh and firm, we hope you like it that way"..

So I was expecting it to be like that but you know what? It is barley firmer than the factory stock ride, and so I think they were not familiar with how it drove before like I am. Besides, evan if it is firmer, and don't think it is much if so, the overall impact of lowering is that it feels more like a race car. Lower center of gravity, less lurch on take-off, less leaning on turns and no diving on fast stops. Besides all that, the improvement on looks is to die for! That ugly gap between teh top of the tire and the fender lip is now only bout 2 fingers.

As for any issues with them, I heard some squeaking when I hit the brakes going backwards from the rear. So next day I drove it up on ramps and got under there to see where they are coming from. Pulling downward hard and it squeaked, and it was coming directly off the spring where the rubber sheath is on the top portion which is scruched down. The sound would probably go away after it settles and the rubber is worn down some anyway, but I ran to the store and got some white lithium greese. Rubbed it on them like butter on ear of corn, and the squeak? Gone.

I had read up on the topic here before they were evan installed, I know many said it's impossible for springs to squeak. But maybe they were not refering to the PFADTS. I started out looking closely at the bushings and how I could grease them, not knowing if it's evan possible on today's sealed type gaskets. I also looked to see if they appeared to be seated correctly and they do, but I can't see all the details from under it like that. The shop had the understanding that all of the bushings were to be timed afterwards and they claimed to have done so. Just saying that in case somebody claims that the squeaking was from un-timed bushings.

Can you please explain why your springs have rubber sheaths on portions of them? Other than that minor bug-a-boo I have no problems with them, the car looks and handles much better. Labor for the install and alignment was just under $400, and this was about the same as I was quoted from 2 or 3 other shops.

They said it took both of them much longer than what they thought and if they knew that they'd have charged me more than the 4 hours labor they charged. "It would have probably taken you 2 days to do it"...and I can't agree more because I'm a perfectionist and would have double/triple checked everything.

So if you want to see the difference the lowering made see my other vids made before they were installed, they did make a huge difference. I didn't measure everything before and after, but I swear the front end must have settled in after about 100 miles, it looks about 1/2" lower.

This is HD, click on watch on Youtube, than quality and hit 780 for better view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKV1c...layer_embedded

This is how it looked just before the springs were installed, same wheels and tires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p7LB...feature=relmfu

Note of caution: if you use any kind of lubricant on any areas of the suspension, wipe off the excess because it can migrate onto the brakes. I used the squeeze tube form of white lithium grease, at first I tried the spray on type but that stuff gets everywhere. This type of grease will not deteriorate rubber over time like petroleum based grease would, it will actually help preserve rubber and plastics.

Mean11SS 10-27-2012 07:58 AM

I had bought a 01 c5 with pfadt street bars and bilstein shocks all around. Was overall impressed with the ride but the street bars seemed to make noise. I had my buddy that owns a shop lithium grease the contact points but just seemed noisy. However the handling benefits outweighed a little noise !

Are the Pfadt end links for these cars teflon lined like the new style Vette bars ?

Looking for a price on drop springs, sway bars with end links. Mainly a street car that Ill drag few times a year. Making 560rwhp out of a Magnacharger system now. Anything else you suggest? Id love to go coilovers but 2500 is just not in the budget.

Apex Motorsports 10-27-2012 06:26 PM

Mean11SS, I am not sure if they are Teflon lined of not but I can tell you that their new Camaro end links are silent. For lowering springs, sway bars, and end links we can set you up for $900 shipped. I would recommend upgrading the rear sub frame bushings as well. Pfadt offers a great set of solid replacement but those are pretty pricey at $690. For a street car with the kind of power you are making a set of BMR Pro poly bushings would be a good option at $249.95.

PfadtRacing 10-29-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUZZCAMARO (Post 5724009)
Well I'll take that offer. I just had mine installed last Friday, only a few days after getting the new TSW wheels and Continental tires. The two guys that installed them said "wow, it really rides harsh and firm, we hope you like it that way"..

So I was expecting it to be like that but you know what? It is barley firmer than the factory stock ride, and so I think they were not familiar with how it drove before like I am. Besides, evan if it is firmer, and don't think it is much if so, the overall impact of lowering is that it feels more like a race car. Lower center of gravity, less lurch on take-off, less leaning on turns and no diving on fast stops. Besides all that, the improvement on looks is to die for! That ugly gap between teh top of the tire and the fender lip is now only bout 2 fingers.

As for any issues with them, I heard some squeaking when I hit the brakes going backwards from the rear. So next day I drove it up on ramps and got under there to see where they are coming from. Pulling downward hard and it squeaked, and it was coming directly off the spring where the rubber sheath is on the top portion which is scruched down. The sound would probably go away after it settles and the rubber is worn down some anyway, but I ran to the store and got some white lithium greese. Rubbed it on them like butter on ear of corn, and the squeak? Gone.

Can you please explain why your springs have rubber sheaths on portions of them? Other than that minor bug-a-boo I have no problems with them, the car looks and handles much better. Labor for the install and alignment was just under $400, and this was about the same as I was quoted from 2 or 3 other shops.

They said it took both of them much longer than what they thought and if they knew that they'd have charged me more than the 4 hours labor they charged. "It would have probably taken you 2 days to do it"...and I can't agree more because I'm a perfectionist and would have double/triple checked everything.

So if you want to see the difference the lowering made see my other vids made before they were installed, they did make a huge difference. I didn't measure everything before and after, but I swear the front end must have settled in after about 100 miles, it looks about 1/2" lower.

This is HD, click on watch on Youtube, than quality and hit 780 for better view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKV1c...layer_embedded

This is how it looked just before the springs were installed, same wheels and tires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p7LB...feature=relmfu

Note of caution: if you use any kind of lubricant on any areas of the suspension, wipe off the excess because it can migrate onto the brakes. I used the squeeze tube form of white lithium grease, at first I tried the spray on type but that stuff gets everywhere. This type of grease will not deteriorate rubber over time like petroleum based grease would, it will actually help preserve rubber and plastics.

Greasing the rear isolators shouldn't be necessary, but I'm glad you got your problem fixed. The isolators are there to help absorb any noise caused by twisting of the spring as the suspension articulates.

Sounds like the shop was pulling your leg on the difficulty of the labor. Honestly drop spring are a really easy change with the proper tools! :chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean11SS (Post 5743142)
I had bought a 01 c5 with pfadt street bars and bilstein shocks all around. Was overall impressed with the ride but the street bars seemed to make noise. I had my buddy that owns a shop lithium grease the contact points but just seemed noisy. However the handling benefits outweighed a little noise !

Are the Pfadt end links for these cars teflon lined like the new style Vette bars ?

Looking for a price on drop springs, sway bars with end links. Mainly a street car that Ill drag few times a year. Making 560rwhp out of a Magnacharger system now. Anything else you suggest? Id love to go coilovers but 2500 is just not in the budget.

Our endlink kits for both the Camaro and the Corvette are teflon lined! Both the Camaro and Corvette are pretty sensative to endlinks being properly torqued, but the teflon lining we use in all of our endlink kits definitely does help cut down on potential noise issues. We also use a custom stud for both Camaro and Corvette that lightly presses into the control arm to eliminate movement between the stud and sway bar pick up point. The custom stud further helps control noise!

For a big HP build we would absolutely recommend running our Solid Subframe Mounts. If you need to drop the subframe to swap out the fuel pump anyway that's a fantastic time to remove the soft factory rubber bushings and go solid.

The Camaro isn't quite like the Corvette, it does need some work to help put down big power without tremendous wheel hop. Solid Subframe Mounts, and our rear arm package will go a LONG way to helping you put the power you have down to the ground.

Be sure to contact Apex Chase with any questions you might have about our products. You can also get a hold of us at 1-888-972-2464 or jarrett@pfadtracing.com!

Apex Motorsports 10-29-2012 07:59 PM

Thank you for the assist guys!

Whipped416 11-18-2012 08:52 PM

me and a buddy did my drop springs a year ago in my garage in 2 hours.

Apex Motorsports 12-20-2012 07:28 PM

http://apex-speed.com/images/postimages/eotw_c5.jpg

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-07-2013 11:46 PM

Just ordered the gorilla lug nuts next are the springs for my 1LE!

Apex Motorsports 01-13-2013 03:20 PM

Thank you for your order. Just let us know when you are ready for those springs.

kosmo 03-01-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6222185)
The weekend is almost here! Be sure to place your order before the weekend sneaks up.

OK you convinced me! Ordered mine today!

Apex Motorsports 03-02-2013 05:33 AM

Lol! Thank you for your order.

376LS3 03-04-2013 10:04 PM

You need to offer financing like RDP!! Lol! Want suspension mods! :)

Apex Motorsports 03-05-2013 03:33 PM

That is what credit cards are for, right? Lol!

We have explored some financing options and it is not something that is outside the realm of possibilities.

376LS3 03-05-2013 06:13 PM

Cards plus financing equals more parts. Lol!

kosmo 03-19-2013 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just look at what the UPS man dropped off today:clap: Plan is to install this weekend. Thanks Chase!

Apex Motorsports 03-28-2013 11:44 AM

Be sure to post pictures once you get them installed.

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/upgrade.jpg

kosmo 03-28-2013 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a great picture but here you go. Just got the bushings timed and alignment done today. Took her out for a test drive and they feel GREAT! Highly recommend them to those who are considering lowering your Camaro. And definitely order from Chase!

Apex Motorsports 03-29-2013 05:05 PM

It looks awesome kosmo!

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/upgrade.jpg

Richy_Rich 04-01-2013 09:20 PM

Hello Apex Chase,

2013 Camaro 6MT, looking for a quote on the below item and a preferred dealer in Georgia for installation.

- Camaro Road Racing Kit - Stage 5 ZL Spec

Apex Motorsports 04-06-2013 09:54 AM

PM sent Richy_Rich.