Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lowered your Camaro......Any Regrets?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59613)

Puttnutt24 01-06-2010 11:52 PM

Lowered your Camaro......Any Regrets??

First let me say that after completely racking my mind, reading which kit is "The Best" I've come to the conclusion that all, Pfadt, Pedders and Hotchkis are all quality kits and you can't go wrong with either. Having said that, I'd like to ask all of you that have lowered your Camaro's, do you have any regrets.
The reason I ask is because I've lowered a number of vehicles in the past (mainly trucks) and with a few, due to the quality of the ride, I regreted lowering them in the end. So, again I ask, any regrets?

Z71456 01-07-2010 01:08 AM

I just lowered my Camaro 2 days ago so I don't have very many hours in it yet, but I love it. I bought the Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs. It brought the car down close to an inch and it will settle a little more after driving it more. I love the way it sits now. It closed the gap between the tires and the fenders. The cornering is a night and day difference. On the highway it rides almost like the stock. It's not bouncy or rough.

I know a lot of others go with the Hotchkiss and Pedders (which I hear are great), but I had used Eibach springs in the past and have always been very happy with their products so I went with them again and I have no regrets. I got them for $194 shipped from a site online.

So to simply answer your question, no regrets whatsoever. I love it.

P.S. My wife is pregnant and has ridden in it and couldn't tell the difference between now and stock and if it were a rough ride she would've definitely complained.

Hope my input was helpful.

-Chris

Puttnutt24 01-07-2010 01:13 AM

It sure has Chris, thanks (and congrates to both you and your wife).
Looking forward to hearing from others.....

Hyp 01-07-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z71456 (Post 1356156)
I just lowered my Camaro 2 days ago so I don't have very many hours in it yet, but I love it. I bought the Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs. It brought the car down close to an inch and it will settle a little more after driving it more. I love the way it sits now. It closed the gap between the tires and the fenders. The cornering is a night and day difference. On the highway it rides almost like the stock. It's not bouncy or rough.

I know a lot of others go with the Hotchkiss and Pedders (which I hear are great), but I had used Eibach springs in the past and have always been very happy with their products so I went with them again and I have no regrets. I got them for $194 shipped from a site online.

So to simply answer your question, no regrets whatsoever. I love it.

P.S. My wife is pregnant and has ridden in it and couldn't tell the difference between now and stock and if it were a rough ride she would've definitely complained.

Hope my input was helpful.

-Chris

Where did you find the springs for $194?

caverman 01-07-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyp (Post 1356395)
Where did you find the springs for $194?

:word: +1

:popcorn:

POWERFREAK 01-07-2010 09:44 AM

no regrets. I have the Pfadt springs/sway bars...love how it rides/handles/looks now.

streetshark 01-07-2010 10:02 AM

+1 on the Eibach kit. Lowered my SSR with their Pro Kit and have to say I didn't notice any change in harshness. Cleaned up the wheel gap nicely and leveled out my back to front (back dropped 1 1/2 inch and front was 1 inch). Saw a kit on ebay for $199.99 plus 35.00 shipping.

MisterT 01-07-2010 12:28 PM

:needpics:

Z71456 01-07-2010 01:58 PM

Hello again,

The site I ordered the springs from was www.Streetsideauto.com I found them by doing a search on google of the Eibach Spring P/N which is 38144.140. I just went through all of the online stores until I found the best deal. On that day, 12/27/09, they had a holiday discount code worth $25 off. The springs were $219 with free shipping -$25 which brought the total to $194. Delivery was quick. I think they shipped the day after I ordered them and they came from Kansas via Fed Ex Ground in 3-4 days.

The do not have that discount code anymore, but they do have one that is $20 off orders of $220 or more. Unfortunately the springs are $219.68 which doesn't quite make the total. However, if you add PN: 49102 "Blind Sport Mirror for $1.31, it brings your total to $220.99. Add discount code "WINTER20" and it brings the total to $200.99. Not bad considering it includes shipping and no tax and not to mention a small mirror. hahaha. I just tried it so I know it works. Hope that is helpful. Customer service is the one that suggested the mirror so that was cool. They told me their codes change daily.

here are some pictures of my car I just took so you can see how it sits.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...g?t=1262893534http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...g?t=1262894194

ffrcobra_65 01-07-2010 02:35 PM

looks great! Looks even lower because of the black exterior, tires, and darkness in the fenderwell. Well done. Oh, be careful how close you pull up to the curb.

NAHURRY 01-07-2010 04:56 PM

No regrets...they are a bit of bounce to it now, but not too bad. It look's
so much better now.I went with the Eibach pro kit = 1".
BYW...my sig pic is before I dropped it.

FEN 01-07-2010 05:51 PM

No regrets! I have the Eibach 1" Pro spring kit. The combination of lower profile/wider tires and the springs give a slightly stiffer ride but not bad.Very happy with it.

billyspeed 01-07-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24 (Post 1356006)
First let me say that after completely racking my mind, reading which kit is "The Best" I've come to the conclusion that all, Pfadt, Pedders and Hotchkis are all quality kits and you can't go wrong with either. Having said that, I'd like to ask all of you that have lowered your Camaro's, do you have any regrets.
The reason I ask is because I've lowered a number of vehicles in the past (mainly trucks) and with a few, due to the quality of the ride, I regreted lowering them in the end. So, again I ask, any regrets?

did you do the install ??
if not how much did it cost for install
if so how was it and how long
any words of advice??

thanks

2SSRS@Gen5diy 01-07-2010 06:34 PM

No regrets and i dropped the car 2 1/2 rear and 2 " front i like the way it drives and the handling is much better.