Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Check engine light codes.... help!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271342)

Lio Martinez 01-15-2013 11:13 PM

Check engine light codes.... help!!

So i got a pair of the OBX Long tubes racing headers with off road pipes instead of catalytics... A friend of me did the installation... We use etensions for the O2 sensors.. by the way I'm quite dissapointed with oshawa when we were taking if the 02 sensors the threading in two was just horrible like they put them wrong... We had to fix it with a file.

Anyways we did the install they sound great with the NPP and the AEM cold air intake.... Well after three Days I got a check engine light ..

My buddy has a Diablo tuberculosis so we connected to my car to read the codes and it gave us... " P015B" and " P015D" anyone know what they exactly mean ? And if I buy the new Diablo Sport intune if it will take it off ? Is it bad that im driving my 1LE with these codes ?

The Stig 01-16-2013 07:52 AM

Did you get a custom tune after installing the headers?

P015B - O2 Sensor Delayed Response - Lean to Rich

P015D - O2 Sensor Delayed Response - Rich to Lean

You can buy the inTune, but it won't solve your problem. You either need to get a custom tune from Ted Jannetty or a dyno tune.

shawn18 01-16-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6042980)
Did you get a custom tune after installing the headers?

P015B - O2 Sensor Delayed Response - Lean to Rich

P015D - O2 Sensor Delayed Response - Rich to Lean

You can buy the inTune, but it won't solve your problem. You either need to get a custom tune from Ted Jannetty or a dyno tune.

^^ This ...When you put LT headers on you always throw codes until tuned. One thing you will get with the tune besides getting rid of the codes are maximum gains from your headers. Get it tuned and enjoy!:thumbsup:

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-16-2013 09:01 AM

Be aware your warranty goes "bye bye" after you get it tuned.

tramtwo 01-16-2013 09:20 AM

U can drive it no problem. Many have for years with codes and no tune. A tune helps a lot but it is not necessary to void warranty to run headers.

I used Ted @ JRE to tune my 2011 setup, he is the gold standard fir sure.

I want a vid of how it sounds now!!

tramtwo posted this on the go

Lio Martinez 01-16-2013 10:54 AM

Ok guys Thanks for the help... And Yeah I haven't tuned it yet.. so will it still be a good idea to get the diablo sport intune or skip that and just take it to get it tune ?

And by dump tune u guys mean take it to a shop so that they can do a special tune for me ?

Ok ill try to upload a video of the sound this weekend since I'm stuck at work from Monday thru Friday

And how does Teds JRE tune works do u guys have a link to it ?

The Stig 01-16-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 6043575)
Ok guys Thanks for the help... And Yeah I haven't tuned it yet.. so will it still be a good idea to get the diablo sport intune or skip that and just take it to get it tune ?

And by dump tune u guys mean take it to a shop so that they can do a special tune for me ?

Ok ill try to upload a video of the sound this weekend since I'm stuck at work from Monday thru Friday

And how does Teds JRE tune works do u guys have a link to it ?

- inTune would be a waste of money

- yes, by dyno tune we mean take it to a shop and they custom tune it for you

- Link to Ted's custom email tunes: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225374

Lio Martinez 01-16-2013 12:05 PM

Thanks the stig

LastGen5 12-13-2015 10:41 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that after you clear these codes, you will need to do a fuel table reset (famous #5 and #20 fuse pull) to reset to the 93 Octane table - otherwise you lose just a tiny bit of 'giddy up' on the better fuel.

I started getting these codes on a semi-regular basis after I installed my VAI throttle controller in conjunction with my CAI and Apex scoop. The newer 5th gens seem very touchy with minor air/intake throttle adjustments.

(No matter, getting long tubes installed Monday and will have these codes 'tuned out').

paul84043 12-13-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 6042188)
So i got a pair of the OBX Long tubes racing headers with off road pipes instead of catalytics... A friend of me did the installation... We use etensions for the O2 sensors.. by the way I'm quite dissapointed with oshawa when we were taking if the 02 sensors the threading in two was just horrible like they put them wrong... We had to fix it with a file.

Anyways we did the install they sound great with the NPP and the AEM cold air intake.... Well after three Days I got a check engine light ..

My buddy has a Diablo tuberculosis so we connected to my car to read the codes and it gave us... " P015B" and " P015D" anyone know what they exactly mean ? And if I buy the new Diablo Sport intune if it will take it off ? Is it bad that im driving my 1LE with these codes ?

I'm sorry to hear about your friend with tuberculosis....

You're going to have to put a tune on it to clear the light. Depending on your dealer this may or may not cause problems..

LastGen5 12-13-2015 10:52 AM

You can get a cheap code reader/code clearer from Amazon (I think mine was ~$45). For me, the code is intermittent and I can clear it on my own. To paul84043's point, the dealer doesn't like to see the rotofab/CAI intakes when you bring them in for these codes (it's easy pickings and I can understand why they don't want to waste technician time if they don't have to). I clear my own codes every few weeks or so when they come up on my car. Anyway, I'm getting them 'tuned out' tomorrow.

Olddudesrule 12-13-2015 01:20 PM

Not sure I understand the need for the responses. The OP's thread is three years old.....Just saying.

LastGen5 12-13-2015 03:00 PM

I hear you, but when I was having trouble with P015B and P015D codes, there really weren't many 'conclusions' but quite a few threads where people were asking about this. I came across this thread when I was looking for something else. Maybe someone else will have the same questions some day and find this helpful...

Camarotobeornottobe 12-13-2015 03:15 PM

Yea, the OP was imprisoned a long time ago by the Peoples Republic of California for his emission non-compliant modification. They do not allow him internet access.

XxScottxXN 12-13-2015 09:29 PM

GET A "D I A B L E W" tune!!!

camguynj 12-14-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olddudesrule (Post 8785933)
Not sure I understand the need for the responses. The OP's thread is three years old.....Just saying.

Someone send the OP a PM and find out what he ever did ?

paul84043 12-14-2015 09:26 AM

Crap. I hate it when someone drags up an ancient thread.