Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Sarah and her 2011 Imperial Blue LT/RS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165244)

BowtieBelle 01-15-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubrimah (Post 4323063)
:word: I wouldn't go past 21" IMHO

:word:

Sent from my Commodore 64 using MS/DOS

RED DEMON SS 01-15-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubrimah (Post 4323063)
:word: I wouldn't go past 21" IMHO

With a lowering kit on a v6 or v8 it doesn't matter! When you lower the Camaro the space between the top of the wheel and space between fender looks absolutely perfect in my opinion with a 22" wheel, and many others would agree since it is the biggest mod to your car that really catches peoples attention and sets your ride from others!

BowtieBelle 01-25-2012 08:49 PM

I gotta post pics of the p13w bulbs. They made a huge difference. So glad to be rid of that yellow!

Just got a PRNDM unit from a C5'er and will be painting it ABM to match the interior next! Thank you all for the feedback :wub:

PoorMansCamaro 01-25-2012 08:57 PM

looking great so far!

11 Camaro IBM 01-26-2012 02:02 AM

Cool IBM was the engine cover paint hard to do?

BowtieBelle 01-30-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM (Post 4377286)
Cool IBM was the engine cover paint hard to do?

Not at all! Just took time and patience :) I have a thread where I outlined the process if you want to see it.

Schmidty 02-22-2012 11:23 PM

Hey Sarah! Diggin' what you've done to your IBM! Can you share the link to your thread on the Engine Cover or provide a DIY for it? Would love to give it a shot. Also inspired by your IBM/ABM theme. Personally not a huge fan of the rally stripes so Im thinking hood spears (i like your hashtags) and I don't want to do the traditional white or grey so I am thinking ABM. Currently I have done matte black tail light bezels, LED Sidemarkers, Tint all around, chrome bow ties, T-Rex Upper Class Chrome grilles, MRTv2 exhaust...and ordered a CAI Intake with scoop. Engine cover is next!

ubrimah 02-29-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farthestnorth (Post 4324598)
With a lowering kit on a v6 or v8 it doesn't matter! When you lower the Camaro the space between the top of the wheel and space between fender looks absolutely perfect in my opinion with a 22" wheel, and many others would agree since it is the biggest mod to your car that really catches peoples attention and sets your ride from others!

I just saw 22's with a drop and your absolutely right!

BowtieBelle 03-05-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kali4nia58 (Post 4528950)
Hey Sarah! Diggin' what you've done to your IBM! Can you share the link to your thread on the Engine Cover or provide a DIY for it? Would love to give it a shot. Also inspired by your IBM/ABM theme. Personally not a huge fan of the rally stripes so Im thinking hood spears (i like your hashtags) and I don't want to do the traditional white or grey so I am thinking ABM. Currently I have done matte black tail light bezels, LED Sidemarkers, Tint all around, chrome bow ties, T-Rex Upper Class Chrome grilles, MRTv2 exhaust...and ordered a CAI Intake with scoop. Engine cover is next!

Here ya go! :wub:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166293

The engine cover mod is a LOT of fun... and I've gotten a lot of compliments on the IBM/ABM theme. It's fun to play with! I like to stand out.

BowtieBelle 03-15-2012 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since somehow I never got this pic up, thought I'd add in a shot of the footwells at night! I took it months ago (before I quit smoking, as you can see the Marlboro box there LOL)

I'm going to try to get a pic with the new P13W DRL's and a video of the MRT soon, now that it's carbonized a bit and sounds great! :wub:

BowtieBelle 03-27-2012 10:21 AM

Woohoo, time to update again!

I've got the SS springs and sway bars locked down; I'm waiting on my SS shocks and Struts, then I will install those so the SS Suspension package will be complete :)

Also just got my Ported Throttle Body and VMAXX ICE-olator intake manifold insulator in; going to install them tonight.

Just ordered my PDIM, too-- and also got the leather-wrapped shifter, with threads dyed ABM, installed!

Also just received my Dr. Colorchip. Time to fix the rash on the gills; the splash guards have been ineffectual.

I'M BROKE!

BowtieBelle 03-27-2012 01:11 PM

Ported throttle body installed! Did it at lunch 'cause I didn't wanna wait anymore :D WOW! I'm loving the instant throttle response; the dead spot before was annoying me. I should have done that mod MUCH sooner. Love it! :happyanim:

BowtieBelle 04-10-2012 01:33 PM

Just installed my PDIM last night. Sweet-talked the dealer into programming the radio so it would work, so now I haz iTunes! Loving it :)

SM0KE 04-19-2012 11:18 AM

I found this thread trying to escape.
He was way over on page 3.
:popcorn:

BowtieBelle 04-19-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SM0KE (Post 4831178)
I found this thread trying to escape.
He was way over on page 3.
:popcorn:

:laugh: haha hi doll. :wub:

BLU DUCE 04-19-2012 10:10 PM

spike III

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4834636)
:laugh: haha hi doll. :wub:

Nice looking IBM. Did a awesome job on the engine cover. Bought my 2011 IBM in July 2011 On e of the earliest IBM Made June 2010. Do you have a member build journal thread. I have changed mine 3 diff. times .Whent thru it this winter for last time complete overhaul under hood. interior, trunk, powder coat calipers. Have build in member journal under SpikeIII IBM SS/RS L99, post comment. :confused0068:

BowtieBelle 05-23-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 4834798)
Nice looking IBM. Did a awesome job on the engine cover. Bought my 2011 IBM in July 2011 On e of the earliest IBM Made June 2010. Do you have a member build journal thread. I have changed mine 3 diff. times .Whent thru it this winter for last time complete overhaul under hood. interior, trunk, powder coat calipers. Have build in member journal under SpikeIII IBM SS/RS L99, post comment. :confused0068:

I was looking at an IBM SS/RS L99 last weekend... man... :wub: Love your ride!!

The install on the V-MAX Black ICE-olator was a little beastly, but I did it, and I'm really happy with the added performance I'm getting now!

BLU DUCE 05-23-2012 10:33 AM

spike III

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 5009539)
I was looking at an IBM SS/RS L99 last weekend... man... :wub: Love your ride!!

The install on the V-MAX Black ICE-olator was a little beastly, but I did it, and I'm really happy with the added performance I'm getting now!

I'm now waiting for my new shifter paddles.
You have done a great job on the IBM. I hope you feel as good about doing a lot of the work yourself as much as I do. Never done anything like this before. Good luck the Bowtie.

BowtieBelle 05-30-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 5009640)
I'm now waiting for my new shifter paddles.
You have done a great job on the IBM. I hope you feel as good about doing a lot of the work yourself as much as I do. Never done anything like this before. Good luck the Bowtie.

Thank you! I haven't done anything like this either, as far as the aesthetics and even some of the engine stuff. New ballgame for me, but I am really enjoying it :wub:

What paddles did you go with?

pierre777 05-30-2012 11:37 AM

Cool looking car Sarah , that engine cover looks really nice ,have you considered getting the AAC side markers especially the new ghosted ones they defiantly make a difference ,a real head turner for a few bucks.

BowtieBelle 05-30-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre777 (Post 5044066)
Cool looking car Sarah , that engine cover looks really nice ,have you considered getting the AAC side markers especially the new ghosted ones they defiantly make a difference ,a real head turner for a few bucks.

Mine are blacked out now-- I have definitely thought about it, but man are they expensive! Maybe in the future :chevy:

And thank you! :wub:

pierre777 05-30-2012 12:04 PM

I see you're interested in paddle shifters ,I put my name for back order on really nice paddle shifters that bolt on instead of the regular plastic ones and they're under 100$ ,I'll try to find the thread here on c5 for you, they are trying to get 100 preorders to start production and they seem really good in the video they have good clearance from the wipers and headlight knobs unlike the hurst ones.

BowtieBelle 05-30-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierre777 (Post 5044240)
I see you're interested in paddle shifters ,I put my name for back order on really nice paddle shifters that bolt on instead of the regular plastic ones and they're under 100$ ,I'll try to find the thread here on c5 for you, they are trying to get 100 preorders to start production and they seem really good in the video they have good clearance from the wipers and headlight knobs unlike the hurst ones.

Yeah, if you find the link let me know :) I may be interested!

GTAHVIT 06-04-2012 02:43 PM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo!

:wave:

BowtieBelle 06-04-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 5070464)
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo!

:wave:

Hi Chris :wub:

Get your car's nose fixed :rules: