Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Camaro/Transformers dual ad... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21597)

surferbarney 05-06-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi1922 (Post 463973)
too bad i cant drive mine to go see the movie

I hope I'll have mine in time to drive it to the movie, but...I doubt I'm going to be willing to park it at the mall.

tony19118 05-06-2009 07:34 PM

thats very cool! i like!!

Jayhawk500 05-06-2009 07:48 PM

The Dealer Handed Me One!

I went to the dealer this afternoon to check out my car that arrived today. :happyanim:
The stripes were not shipped. But, all is good. I'm headed out of town this weekend and with the recall and all, I wouldn't see it till next week anyway.
The dealer wants to use it as a floor car while I'm gone.
Trying to trade for time on the floor for painted on stripes instead of the stickers. If this works, I'll have a set of black stripes for sale @ the factory price.

The Sales Manager handed me one of the 2 remaining posters he had left. The rest were all over the showroom. He said, "I thought you might like one of these."

I still can't believe it's really here! Somebody pinch me!

John Farnen 05-06-2009 07:54 PM

Sinse mine is 6 weeks late, my dealer gave me both the large poster and the window one(same picture on both sides) and said I could have the banner in a couple of weeks. They didn't get a show car yet, but got a red one from another dealer(had to get 3 Impalas also) and will be there tomorrow. Its a red RS LT. Won't be my yellow 2SS RS, but they told me to come in and drive it.

vette33 05-06-2009 08:30 PM

My dealer also gave me the poster and the banner because mine is late.
VIN # 459.

texas06c6 05-06-2009 08:41 PM

taking arisk here-underwhelmed

Well-It's a risk, and I start by saying I have owned 8 differnt Camaros in lifetime, but I was UNDERWHELMED :facepalm: when I finally saw the orange SS in person at James Wood Chevy here in Denton TX tonite. I thought having it in the showroom with a 67 and a 69 Camaro next too it was a neat presentation of the 2010. (BTW, they said no premium is being expected)

But....Maybe I was expecting too much, because the boxy-ness of the car really hurts its appearance in my view. Reminds me of a Chrysler or Charger more than the sleekness of the Camaros I have owned over the years. I guess I was expecting something that wasn't advertised.

I was preparing to order a convertible for when they come out next year, and trade in my much-loved :wub: 2000 Z-28 Ragtop--but now.....

Think my 2000, even with 138,000 miles on it, will still be in the driveway for a few more years.

JBz007 05-06-2009 09:02 PM

This ad has been around for a few weeks. Very cool though.

orange_5thgen 05-06-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surferbarney (Post 463990)
I hope I'll have mine in time to drive it to the movie, but...I doubt I'm going to be willing to park it at the mall.

Funny, cause I've thought of the same thing. I don't think I will want to park mine anywhere that I can't see it. The building will need to have glass so I can look out and see it in the parking lot! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 (Post 464078)
I went to the dealer this afternoon to check out my car that arrived today. :happyanim:
The stripes were not shipped. But, all is good. I'm headed out of town this weekend and with the recall and all, I wouldn't see it till next week anyway.
The dealer wants to use it as a floor car while I'm gone.
Trying to trade for time on the floor for painted on stripes instead of the stickers. If this works, I'll have a set of black stripes for sale @ the factory price.

The Sales Manager handed me one of the 2 remaining posters he had left. The rest were all over the showroom. He said, "I thought you might like one of these."

I still can't believe it's really here! Somebody pinch me!

For those that are letting the dealer keep your car as a show or floor car, I hope you're getting something extra for it. I guess I'm just a jerk, but when my car arrives I want it ASAP and I'm not planning on letting anyone show it around unless I get a few thousand knocked off the sticker.

Guess you all are just nice guys, but I already put a few thousand down, ordered Oct 15th and when it arrives I want it now! Well, as soon as I can get a loan for it and all. :)

Trappistbrew 05-07-2009 06:15 AM

New Bumblebee is Z/28 design

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinebox43 (Post 463485)
i wish chevy sold the kit that bumbo bee has ughh i want!!! but i will just settle for my camaro already cant wait no more!!

I was reading the April issue of Motor Trend. It features an article on the possable Z/28. They have the Z/28 concept pictured on the cover. That's the car design they are using for the bumblebee in the new Transformer movie. There is a lot of doubt whether the 'Z' will actually be produced, but it's cause can only be helped by the movie. Let all hope it suceeds!

z71roller 05-07-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasbill (Post 463134)
Great ad! Was this at the movie theatre?

I saw this at the dealership yesterday. It's a good advertising technique!

z71roller 05-07-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange_5thgen (Post 464825)
Funny, cause I've thought of the same thing. I don't think I will want to park mine anywhere that I can't see it. The building will need to have glass so I can look out and see it in the parking lot! :)

For those that are letting the dealer keep your car as a show or floor car, I hope you're getting something extra for it. I guess I'm just a jerk, but when my car arrives I want it ASAP and I'm not planning on letting anyone show it around unless I get a few thousand knocked off the sticker.

Guess you all are just nice guys, but I already put a few thousand down, ordered Oct 15th and when it arrives I want it now! Well, as soon as I can get a loan for it and all. :)

Sorry to say, but I doubt they'll give you a "few thousand" off the sticker. The dealership is lucky to make a "few hundred" on each Camaro. But it would be nice to get something outta the deal.

LadiesMan217 05-07-2009 07:45 AM

Hmm, why did they change the Bumblebee Bowtie? Isn't it black with a red border?

Sierra 05-07-2009 07:47 AM

Thats cool. Now if we can only fuel the Camaro with energon cubes. Any old school transformer fan will know what that is.

carsismeZ06 05-07-2009 06:39 PM

I REALLY hope they have an option on the production car for the front end and especially the long stripes and hood.