Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   NASA says no repair to Shuttle (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414)

Jak 08-16-2007 09:00 PM

NASA says no repair to Shuttle

The Black Suburbans my come after me for this, but Is anybody wondering if that's gonna follow the the lead of the movie "The Invasion"? In the preview they show a shuttle burning up on reentry and we have a shuttle in space with damage to its belly. Now is that spooky or what?:tweetz::iono:

MerF 08-16-2007 10:59 PM

All I saw was :tweetz:

Ok seriously though, I was talking with someone about this last night, and my conclusion is this...and it's completely my opinion....every single shuttle that has ever gone Mach 4 with a gazillion hp for 100 miles has had damage to it's belly/wings/skin. It's just that now that 1 time it actually was extensive enough to cause a mishap, every single one is being scrutinized and mulled over.

I would be willing to bet that all of them have been damaged, it's just never been a big deal because nothing ever came of it.

Jak 08-16-2007 11:19 PM

Your right. There was that one that come back with a cracked windshield, ect. But what I got thinking about is, NASA's said they have these patches, puddy, whatever. You'd think, nows a perfect time to try one of the fixes to see if they'd really work. They've aready said the shuttle safe to land, so what would it hurt to try it?

Mr. Wyndham 08-16-2007 11:22 PM

:eek: Well, opinion or not :D There was a news broadcast by a NASA engineer that said exactly that: They are all damaged - every single one of them. This nick looked bigger on Camera, then it really is, I guess. They examined it, lost sleep over it, and discovered, it's not that bad. :iono:

If the astronauts feel safe falling in that thing (satillite interview), then what more is there to debate.

CamaroSpike23 08-16-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 19764)
Ok seriously though, I was talking with someone about this last night, and my conclusion is this...and it's completely my opinion....every single shuttle that has ever gone Mach 4 with a gazillion hp for 100 miles has had damage to it's belly/wings/skin. It's just that now that 1 time it actually was extensive enough to cause a mishap, every single one is being scrutinized and mulled over.

I would be willing to bet that all of them have been damaged, it's just never been a big deal because nothing ever came of it.

NASA went thru the same thing with the mercury, gemini, and apollo missions...untill Apollo 1. then they looked at what was wrong. its the way things work. if it works, dont fix it. but i have said for the past 15 yrs (first time I said it, I was 7...lol) that the shuttle needs to be replaced. the damn thing is over 30 yrs old, and its still being used.

buuuuuuut there is hope. NASA plans on retiring the Space shuttle once the ISS is complete in 2010 and are working on a new reusable craft named Orion, that will take us to the moon and beyond.

Mr. Wyndham 08-16-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 19775)
and are working on a new reusable craft named Orion, that will take us to the moon and beyond.

Coooool!

CamaroSpike23 08-16-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 19778)
Coooool!

yup, hopefully the world wont end before we can get to mars by 2020.

(read=mayan doomsday prophesy) (read=NASA needs to get its ass in gear)

TAG UR IT 08-17-2007 02:33 AM

Personally, if I knew there was a small hole in the belly of my space shuttle, I'd be crapping bricks on re-entry. No thanks. I'll spend the time using putty, replacing tiles, and whatever else is necessary!

Mindz 08-17-2007 03:09 AM

Isn't the Mayan Doomsday Prophecy saying the world will end Dec 23, 2012 or something?

CamaroSpike23 08-17-2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 19793)
Isn't the Mayan Doomsday Prophecy saying the world will end Dec 23, 2012 or something?

yeah, kinda. it just says the 4th world will end and the 5th will begin. on the 21st or 23rd. and it just so happens there's supposed to be an asteroid/dwarf planet that will be making its pass between the earth and sun and the sun will be directly in line with the gravitational equator and its supposed that the forces of gravity will be so strong that it will cause pole shift.

...pole shift. :drinking:

Jak 08-17-2007 07:32 AM

Yeah, I heard that to. Just my luck, the world'll end four months before I can retire:mad: . Well, at least I'll have my Camaro:headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 19793)

TAG UR IT 08-17-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jak (Post 19797)
Yeah, I heard that to. Just my luck, the world'll end four months before I can retire:mad: . Well, at least I'll have my Camaro:headbang:

:laugh:

Mr. Wyndham 08-17-2007 12:33 PM

Our Love and Dedication for Camaro's will save the World...:laugh:

Kyle.Gilmour 08-17-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I heard that to. Just my luck, the world'll end four months before I can retire . Well, at least I'll have my Camaro
Well we all better get the big expensive version then, because we will only be making a few years of payments anyway before the poles shift and half the U.S. is underwater and fossil fuels prices are through the roof.

So i am guessing :)