Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   NOWEEDS EXHAUST DIVERTER (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301967)

Normagene 06-14-2013 08:35 PM

NOWEEDS EXHAUST DIVERTER

Seriously thinking about getting this installed. Just looking for some feed back from anyone who has already installed. Talked to two ZL1 owners who both did the install and they absolutely LOVE IT! From what I've read it gives you anywhere from 20 to 30 more horsepower as well as the LOUDEST EARTH SHATTERING Exhaust note possible. Definitely will Rattle Every Window in the Neighborhood. Then with a press of a button you're right back to stock.

Wow, that's impressive! Their videos on the website sold me immediately. Husbands Birthday next month, love to sneak out "The Devil's Nightmare" and surprise him with this setup all installed. Matter of fact while I'm letting him drive I could reach over and press the button to "Wide Open" and hopefully he doesn't have an accident, literally or in the seat of his pants!

ayousef 06-14-2013 08:52 PM

instead of doing this remember the ZL1 has valves in the tips, add headers and see how loud the car gets, then maybe you can wire in an exhaust controller that can give you a fully closed mode and fully open, no need for exhaust dumps like the noweeds

Normagene 06-14-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayousef (Post 6671966)
instead of doing this remember the ZL1 has valves in the tips, add headers and see how loud the car gets, then maybe you can wire in an exhaust controller that can give you a fully closed mode and fully open, no need for exhaust dumps like the noweeds

How does that compare price wise, the Noweeds is 950? It's also a very easy install, bolt on, so you could technically go back to completely stock if need ever be. Never looked into what headers would run installed, and once installed the volume level can't be lowered. The Noweeds with just a push of button You Are Back To Stock!

Anyway, thanks for your input. This is the kind of comments I'm looking for, the plus and minus sides, and then I can decide what I'll do. I just love the idea of being completely stock and with a push of a button its All Hell Breaking Loose!

If/when I do install the Noweeds I'll kick the Mild to Wild switch to the curb! The Noweeds sound is OUTRAGEOUS!

ayousef 06-14-2013 09:16 PM

if you simply do a catalytic converter delete, the stock exhaust will also sound outrageous and can always sound tame when you shut the valves closed. Remember you have the mild to wild, what that does is either reverts to factory control or keeps the exhaust open the whole time.

You have to wire around the factory controller and go directly to the solenoid, there is a thread by ADM in the ZL1 performance section and he sells the product which offers a full closed and full open mode, very easy to install.

With that said, removing the cats will throw a check engine code unless you tune out the code, or get some O2 sensor emulator (something like that to truck the ECU)

I don't know much about the noweeds thing but those electronic motors in the valves usually get damaged, not sure what theyre running on that thing.

Hope this helps.

Deke736 06-14-2013 11:32 PM

The problem with headers, IMO, is that you need a tune. If you are looking to keep your powertrain warranty, that's no going to work. With these, no tune is needed, thereby keeping your warranty intact. I have been thinking about the QTP cutouts, but after a friend paid to have them installed, they weren't much cheaper than the NOWEEDS diverters. I am just waiting on Normagene to try it out for us and post videos!

Normagene 06-14-2013 11:49 PM

The more I've researched this the more I like their product. In the DIY section, a section solely on Noweeds, lots of good info. I should PM someone who did their install a couple years ago and see what they have to say about it and how it has help up over a couple years time. Time is always the real test of a product.

Deke736 06-14-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 6672504)
The more I've researched this the more I like their product. In the DIY section, a section solely on Noweeds, lots of good info. I should PM someone who did their install a couple years ago and see what they have to say about it and how it has help up over a couple years time. Time is always the real test of a product.

Great idea! Please keep us posted!

kalamajama 06-15-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 6671879)
Seriously thinking about getting this installed. Just looking for some feed back from anyone who has already installed. Talked to two ZL1 owners who both did the install and they absolutely LOVE IT! From what I've read it gives you anywhere from 20 to 30 more horsepower as well as the LOUDEST EARTH SHATTERING Exhaust note possible. Definitely will Rattle Every Window in the Neighborhood. Then with a press of a button you're right back to stock.

Wow, that's impressive! Their videos on the website sold me immediately. Husbands Birthday next month, love to sneak out "The Devil's Nightmare" and surprise him with this setup all installed. Matter of fact while I'm letting him drive I could reach over and press the button to "Wide Open" and hopefully he doesn't have an accident, literally or in the seat of his pants!

Do you have a sister Normagene?? Just kidding. I think it's a great idea if loud is what he wants. I'll be waiting to hear the runmble on youtube.: thumbup:

Normagene 06-15-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalamajama (Post 6672683)
Do you have a sister Normagene?? Just kidding. I think it's a great idea if loud is what he wants. I'll be waiting to hear the runmble on youtube.: thumbup:

Oops, never crossed my mind "if loud is what he wants", oh well, LOUD IS WHAT HE'S GANA GET! Wow, I'm seriously excited, oh shoot I forgot again, this is his Birthday Present, well that's what I keep telling myself... hehehe...

bkatzman 06-15-2013 10:17 AM

Nice info

NicKey 06-15-2013 10:45 AM

No-Weeds exhaust diverters NicKey Camaros

We use No-Weeds. Great product. Popular option on NicKey Super Camaros.

Normagene 06-15-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickeyChicago (Post 6673379)
We use No-Weeds. Great product. Popular option on NicKey Super Camaros.

Love'n all the Great feedback. I'm definitely placing an order, for my husbands Birthday next month, well that's what I keep telling myself it for, and if he complains I'll just Go Wide Open and drown his whining out! Happy Birthday Baby!

Normagene 06-15-2013 03:50 PM

Placing my order RIGHT NOW! Can't wait to do this install and rattle every window in the neighborhood! Thanks to everybody for all the feedback which has been 100% POSITIVE! Actually their home page video already sold me, but I really appreciate getting comments from owners of this setup. Thanks

charlietuna 06-15-2013 04:04 PM

let me know how you like it and post some vid after install !!!!!!