Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Zaino Triplets (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47424)

Wileytrigger21 10-14-2009 05:45 PM

Zaino Triplets

New to the whole Zaino product line. Would the triplet package be good for detailing new car if washed with other high quality car wash?

:iono:

Moose 10-14-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccd34 (Post 1045272)
New to the whole Zaino product line. Would the triplet package be good for detailing new car if washed with other high quality car wash?

:iono:

If you just want "the basics", it'll work with the car wash you're using. ;)

Seeing as this is your first time using the Zaino products, let me knw if you purchase the "triplets" and I can help you out. Its nothing complicated, but a little help will provide you the results you're looking for while avoiding the "I hate Zaino", "Zaino is overrated", etc., B.S. that is out there. :rolleyes:

Let me know and I'll be glad to help!

Ed

Wileytrigger21 10-14-2009 07:41 PM

Thanks Moose. I will probally get the triplets to start out with. Glad for any tips u can provide.

Moose 10-14-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccd34 (Post 1045866)
Thanks Moose. I will probally get the triplets to start out with. Glad for any tips u can provide.

When they arrive and you're ready to use them, drop me a PM and I'll walk you through it. :thumbsup:

1fine79 10-14-2009 09:17 PM

I purchased the Zaino Car Show kit and have not used it yet. The weather is getting colder here, around 60 degrees with about 80 5 humidity. My question is will the temp or humidity affect how I should apply the kit? Plan on washing with Dawn, claying the car and then following the steps listed on the instructions. Any advise would be appreciated.

Moose 10-15-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fine79 (Post 1046392)
I purchased the Zaino Car Show kit and have not used it yet. The weather is getting colder here, around 60 degrees with about 80 5 humidity. My question is will the temp or humidity affect how I should apply the kit? Plan on washing with Dawn, claying the car and then following the steps listed on the instructions. Any advise would be appreciated.

The cooler temps., as well as higher humidity will affect drying time. ;) If you have ZFX, use it. ;)

If you're able to park your car for a few days, in a garage ideally, it's not a problem. You can allow the polish to sit on the paint overnight.

If you cannot park the car, I'd suggest setting aside an afternoon. Based on the temp./humidity info. you provided, I'd allow the polish to sit about an hr. before considering removal. ;)

ZFX will help alot.

Ed

Mungo 10-17-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fine79 (Post 1046392)

Just remember one important thing with Zaino. Use it sparingly. A thin coat is more than enough.

1fine79 10-17-2009 08:44 PM

Took the plunge and applied it today. Temp warmed up to about 70. Washed with Dawn, clayed it and then applied Z2 with ZFX, Z6, Z5 with ZFX, Z6, Z2 and one more final application of Z6. took it out for a drive and some pics. Looks awesome. Process was rather simple. I used about 3 ounces of Z2 and a little less than 2 ounces of Z5. Does this sound about right? Will post pics later. Thanks for the advice.