Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question for Scott S. or other GM rep. in the know... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14565)

FirstLSK 03-01-2009 10:30 AM

Question for Scott S. or other GM rep. in the know...

I have a 2SS on order and I keep a pretty close eye on this forum. I have been hearing alot about captured fleet test and production intent vehicles having door panels and dash strips inserts that have cloth instead of the acrylic that has been advertised for so long.

I may be OK with GM replacing those inserts with leather to match the rest of my upholstery but the thought of them trimming my 2SS with cloth puts a knot in my stomach.... :barf:

Scott (or GM rep in the know) can you please elaborate on this concern, or better yet clarify why we are seeing this and what production intends to do.

Thanks.

headpunter 03-01-2009 10:56 AM

deal with it. man cars are trimmed with cloth.....

FirstLSK 03-01-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 314912)
deal with it. man cars are trimmed with cloth.....

Thanks for your constructive input headpunter. That is exactly what I am trying to do with this thread. If I didn't care or if I wasn't passionate about the Camaro, then I wouldn't ask questions that concern me.

fireplug 03-01-2009 11:10 AM

That did come across as a bit harsh, headpunter. He was just asking a question.... isn't that what this forum is for?

CamaroEnergy4Life 03-01-2009 11:26 AM

yeah i am concerned about this too.

ZombieEatsYou 03-01-2009 11:28 AM

Punter, guess you missed this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...68&postcount=1

:respekt:

stovt001 03-01-2009 11:33 AM

I was under the impression cars with cloth interiors got the cloth panels and cars with leather interiors got the acrylic panels.:iono:

Personally, I think the cloth interiors should get cloth panels and leather interiors should get leather panels, but maybe that's just me. Ideally I'd like to see all leather panels, but that's admittedly asking a bit much.

TJ91 03-01-2009 11:45 AM

Dont worry about it, i was worried to but it was anserred before that they were just trying to get cars out of the plant fast, i truley dont know how the cloth panels make a difference in speed lol but anyways if you look at the pics of the parking lot in Oshawa, there iis a shot where you can see the silver plastic panels. Im sure who ever ordered a 2LT or 2SS will have the plastic panels, i better get beautiful IOM panels!

CamaroEnergy4Life 03-01-2009 11:46 AM

I thought 1SS got cloth seats and cloth panels and 2SS gets leather seats and acrylic panels. Has this changed? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

TJ91 03-01-2009 11:48 AM

Nope that hasnt changed one bit, the only thing that has changed is the ABL. Cloth still gets cloth panels, and leather still gets the acrylic panels
But that applies for the v6 as well, if you get learther (2LT) then you get acrylic panels

Xanthos 03-01-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 314966)
Nope that hasnt changed one bit, the only thing that has changed is the ABL. Cloth still gets cloth panels, and leather still gets the acrylic panels
But that applies for the v6 as well, if you get learther (2LT) then you get acrylic panels

Personally, I'd rather have cloth panels than acrylic panels. Good thing I'll be getting a 1LT when the time comes.
- Xanthos

TJ91 03-01-2009 12:03 PM

Really? I love the look of the Acrylic, especially the IOM ones i ordered, but atleast we knao that it appeals to the masses, you lik cloth, you get cloth, i like acrylic, i get acrylic, its good to see that alot of people will be more then satisfied! except for the ABL lmao sorry had to say that

Xanthos 03-01-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 314990)
Really? I love the look of the Acrylic, especially the IOM ones i ordered, but atleast we knao that it appeals to the masses, you lik cloth, you get cloth, i like acrylic, i get acrylic, its good to see that alot of people will be more then satisfied! except for the ABL lmao sorry had to say that

Meh, already knew I wouldn't be getting ABL. I'll probably make my own, using EL wires. (Theres a thread about it buried somewhere in cosmetics).
- Xanthos

TJ91 03-01-2009 12:08 PM

ll check it out there, btw nice Avater lmao