Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Who's going to allow there dealer to wash their car? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199198)

toilets 02-01-2012 05:12 PM

Who's going to allow there dealer to wash their car?

With all the horror stories I hear about the swirl marks from the dealer when the cars come off the truck, I'm curious to see how many people are going to politely ask their dealer to not touch the car. Further more, is it apart of the pdi meaning its almost mandatory for the dealer to wash it before the customer takes delivery?

G-Oil Guy 02-01-2012 05:14 PM

I already told the dealer I want my car with the transport stickers(wrap thingies) on the car when I pick it up and they were ok with it.

kush396 02-01-2012 05:16 PM

Im sure they will be gentle with your car, lets face it this is no mini van they are selling :):)

Charlie920212 02-01-2012 05:17 PM

Dealer Installed Swirl Option

I have an agreement with my salesman. I do not want the Dealer Installed Swirl option:laugh:. They are going to leave the shipping plastic on my car!:chevy:

insomniac2k2 02-01-2012 05:18 PM

Well when i saw how the douch bags were washing my car on the purchase day, I would never allow them to do it again. If anyone thinks that most of these guys care if your car cost 20k or 60k, think twice ;)

zfuzz 02-01-2012 05:22 PM

Absolutely NOT! They know if the shrink wrap is removed they will be placing another order.

Chevrolet / Detail department = two kids, a power washer, scrub brush and 1 towel.

v8 02-01-2012 05:48 PM

I got mine in the plastic, said I would clean it myself

tmandoug1 02-01-2012 06:06 PM

Dealer has offered me to leave the plastic on, after reading this I think I will take that option. Peeeeeeel it off real slow when I get it in the garage. Any advice on clear bras? Heard they mess paint up after awhile.

toilets 02-01-2012 06:34 PM

So your telling me, that I can tell the dealer to back the car off the truck and do not touch it after that? Not that I have anything against my dealer, but I would love to unwrap my car myself as if it was Christmas all over again and personally give it it's first bath

SIRLOIN 02-01-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kush396 (Post 4413335)
Im sure they will be gentle with your car, lets face it this is no mini van they are selling :):)

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Lets be real here, the guys who detail cars at dealerships are not usually the kind of people who care a whole lot. know what i mean...

Number_9 02-01-2012 06:48 PM

Unless you want free circles in your paint, don't do it... resist the urge. Specifically instruct them not to wash it. Then, have it made ready the right way, using clay bars and proper wash techniques to ensure a circle free paint job.

htron50 02-01-2012 06:49 PM

I cannot see how that clear bra would be good over time. I certainly would research. Possibly check with some body shops who have had to deal with it during repairs too.

BlownSS 02-01-2012 07:01 PM

Just a thought here, but.......If you take possession of the car and take it home and clean it up, you would have no recourse if there is any damage that you cannot see until it is cleaned and under lights. When mine came in, they let me come in and help wash it at the dealership so i could use my two bucket method. That way we could both inspect it before I took delivery.

Ryanbabz71 02-01-2012 07:04 PM

Take a light and insepct it. I wouldnt let them spray it with water. It will be pretty easy to find damage even if it is dirty

We just bought a new van in January and I told them I do not want it detailed (it had hit the lot only a few wks earlier). They thought I was crazy but agreed, they even gave me another free oil change in place of the DISO (dealer installed swirl option). Brought it home and detailed it over the course of the following week. I called it "winterizing"