Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Fall Cruise - Sunday October 18th (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47072)

Zeeman28a 10-12-2009 05:43 PM

Fall Cruise - Sunday October 18th

Sunday the 18th, a cruise from Mississauga to Orangeville and back. Next Sunday looks to be a sunny day so far.

I've picked a route that should give us plenty of colours. I'm just waiting for confirmation of a couple of things along the way.

Meet up Mississauga and Derry Rd's at 9AM-10AM. There is a Timmies on the south east corner. From there, we will go thru the Forks of the Credit up to Orangeville and Hockley Valley.

Post if you're interested.

Even if you don't have a Camaro, anyone is welcome to come out for the day with us.

Stan.

Ajax Inferno 10-12-2009 06:42 PM

Man I'd love to go...but our car will soon be in production.... TPW 10/19....
!!! On pins and needles here!:wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a (Post 1035999)
Sunday the 18th, a cruise from Mississauga to Orangeville and back. Next Sunday looks to be a sunny day so far.

I've picked a route that should give us plenty of colours. I'm just waiting for confirmation of a couple of things along the way.

Meet up Mississauga and Derry Rd's. There is a Timmies on the south east corner. From there, we will go thru the Forks of the Credit up to Orangeville and Hockley Valley.

Post if you're interested.

Stan.

SQUALO 10-12-2009 07:04 PM

What time frame, 50/50

CanadianCamaro 10-14-2009 08:48 PM

Sounds interesting. Have you been across FOTC recently Zeeman? (or anyone) B/C Joe (Asylum) from Brampton was up there back in early Sept I think and they had it all tore up. Repaving, gravel in some sections.

EDIT: Check that - looks like they're either done the work or it's very close. [http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=83510&page=4] I don't like the sound of that "salt spray" however. I told myself that it salt hits the roads the car comes off. Period.

Zeeman28a 10-14-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro (Post 1046266)
Sounds interesting. Have you been across FOTC recently Zeeman? (or anyone) B/C Joe (Asylum) from Brampton was up there back in early Sept I think and they had it all tore up. Repaving, gravel in some sections.

EDIT: Check that - looks like they're either done the work or it's very close. [http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=83510&page=4] I don't like the sound of that "salt spray" however. I told myself that it salt hits the roads the car comes off. Period.

I've been told that it's been repaved. But I am going to drive the route Fri or Sat to verify. If there is any gravel, I will adjust the route to bypass it.

But with temps dipping below 0 in the evening, wouldn't surprise me about the salt.

CloudXTC 10-14-2009 09:44 PM

pray for me to get my car in time and ill gladly come along :)

SQUALO 10-15-2009 11:27 AM

I'm out, trying to shake this cold :(

Kenny 10-15-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a (Post 1046422)
I've been told that it's been repaved. But I am going to drive the route Fri or Sat to verify. If there is any gravel, I will adjust the route to bypass it.

But with temps dipping below 0 in the evening, wouldn't surprise me about the salt.

I was at the forks last saturday and although they're still working on it there was no gravel areas.

Ken

tiggerss 10-15-2009 07:12 PM

Hey I'm from the fort erie area,I may consider this if the weather is good.Do you have some easy directions or an address I can have "on star" find,let me know!!!

CanadianCamaro 10-15-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggerss (Post 1049802)
Hey I'm from the fort erie area,I may consider this if the weather is good.Do you have some easy directions or an address I can have "on star" find,let me know!!!

Just give it an intersection. Mississauga Rd & Steels

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny (Post 1047997)
I was at the forks last saturday and although they're still working on it there was no gravel areas.

Ken

So.... why will you not be there this Sunday?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUALO (Post 1047912)
I'm out, trying to shake this cold :(

Dude - This is still 60 hrs away. Don't tell me it's going to take you that long

Kenny 10-15-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro (Post 1049875)
So.... why will you not be there this Sunday?

Oh i will be:thumbsup:.....my buddy signed me up on the corvette forums:cool:

I went on the webers run with some of these guys....it was a blast!

Ken

Zeeman28a 10-15-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggerss (Post 1049802)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny (Post 1050004)
Oh i will be:thumbsup:.....my buddy signed me up on the corvette forums:cool:

I went on the webers run with some of these guys....it was a blast!

Ken

Glad to have you along Ken.

Tiggerss, here is the proposed cruise route. Anyone can check it out on google maps. The link is for the starting point. The route may not look promising on the map, but believe me, you will have fun. Lots of hilly and twisty roads plus, hopefuly, some picturesque fall colour scenery.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...9,0.02178&z=16

Proposed Route: (Use map view on google maps to trace the route out. Satellite view doesn't work for some of it.) I will be doing this route Fri or Sat to verify roads are not blocked, or under construction and to see if there are any picturesque spots we can stop at.

Meet at Tim Hortons at Mississauga and Derry Road’s @ 9AM-10AM

West on Derry Road to Trafalgar North, then west on 15 sideroad to hwy 25 north to 22nd sideroad. Head east to 4th line and head north to Hwy 7. Make a right turn on Hwy 7 and head to 6th line and turn left. Head north on 6th line to 32 Sideroad. Turn right and head east to Trafalgar. Turn left on Trafalgar and head north to Wellington Road 124 and head east to 9th line, turn right and then left onto Wellington Road 52 which turns into Bush Road.

Follow Bush Road to the Forks of the Credit Road to Hurontario (Hwy10) and turn left and head north to Highway 9. Turn left on Highway 9.
We will make a stop at Angels Diner. It is on Hwy 9 on route.

Follow Hwy 9 west to CR11 and head north.
Head straight north on CR11 to Shelburne. Turn right on Hwy 89 and then left onto 124 north.

Reddickville marks CR 21 and we'll turn right here and start east. Turn right at Concession 4 and head to 15 Sideroad. Turn left and head to Concession Road 15 and turn right.

Head south to Hwy 89.

At 89, turn right and to Hwy 10. Then turn left.

Continue south to CR 8 at Camilla where we'll turn left towards Mono Centre.

Continue along CR 8 until we're back at Airport Road (#18) - take a right and head south.

Follow Airport Road to Hockley Road and turn left. Follow to the end where the country diner is (Adjala TLine).

Get back on Hockley Road and follow west to Hwy 10, turn left and head south.

sugar'n'spice 10-16-2009 02:52 PM

Too bad we live too far.....:(

CanadianCamaro 10-17-2009 06:52 AM

Oh that Timmies! Good thing I looked :thumbsup: