Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will there Be as many Camaros as Mustangs Around (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1157)

xA13x 07-10-2007 07:13 PM

Will there Be as many Camaros as Mustangs Around

I mean like theres so many mustangs that are really getting old so i hope this doesnt happen to the camaro what do you guys think.

PS does any one no the next time thell be reaising any more info?

Warghost 07-10-2007 09:05 PM

I hope not. There are a shitload of Stangs out there. What really bothers me is when I see a 70 year old lady driving a Mustang like mine. Well, they usually don't have GTs, but still... :iono:

Moose 07-10-2007 09:53 PM

Simply put, with all the anticipation, and excitement associated with the new Camaro, it'll be quite a while until we see dealer lots with Camaro's sitting on them in any great numbers. :thumbsup:

As for "new" information, I'm thinking not until next years NYIAS. I'm hoping the "big event" for Camaro enthusiasts will be the reveal of the production version. :)

Mr. Wyndham 07-10-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 15429)
Simply put, with all the anticipation, and excitement associated with the new Camaro, it'll be quite a while until we see dealer lots with Camaro's sitting on them in any great numbers. :thumbsup:

As for "new" information, I'm thinking not until next years NYIAS. I'm hoping the "big event" for Camaro enthusiasts will be the reveal of the production version. :)

I hope we see a lot of Camaro's by the second or third year - based on a HUGE respose to the first years model.:iono:

Info-wise, I think a few tidbits will be thrown our way, the end of this year, and then Next year's NAIAS, the production Camaro will Steal the entire Show! :headbang:...(so I agree with you moose -meant to say that earlier :rolleyes:)

acscamarochick06 07-10-2007 11:36 PM

I agree that I HATE seeing 300 of the same car driving around my town *cough* Mustang *cough*... That is one of the reasons I am so sick of the Mustang. I hope that GM can sell enough of the Camaros to ensure that it stays in production, but not too many so that I won't pass 50 cars just like mine if I decide to go to the mall or something.

Of course I plan on slightly modding mine, so it won't look exactly like anyone elses, but still...

I noticed when I put my billet grille on my car that it made a huge difference :D But then there are people who still think they saw me go down the road when I've been at home all day. I'm thinking "LOOK for the grille! It's my trademark!!"

marczsport 07-11-2007 07:02 AM

Fleets...

Interestingly enough, I just finished reading an article regarding fleet sales.

Last year, fleet sales accounted for about 30% of new Mustang sales :eek: .

I am really looking forward to seeing many more Camaros on the streets again, so long as they keep the fleet sales in check! Having 30% of new Camaros end up in rental fleets isn't going to help ANYone out, including us or the General.....

MerF 07-11-2007 11:00 AM

I think the fact that the Camaro ISN'T the dime-a-dozen muscle car on the streets is why I like it so much.

Granted, the fact that there are a million Rustangs on the road also means they have the best aftermarket...companies see so much money available there there's going to be more to choose from.

Fair trade-off IMO.

TravelingCamaro 07-11-2007 11:32 AM

Not going to lie.... my absolute dream car is a 1970 Ford Mustang 302 Boss, Orange paint with black Boss stripes. Course with the Camaro not being a problem the mustang will have to match so I guess the Camaro will have to be Gold with black racing stripe like in all the convertable pics.

bcannan354 07-13-2007 07:08 PM

I hope GM makes the volume of sales they need to justify the new Camaro's exsistence, but, I don't want to see one every time I go out either. I swear that everyone in south FL owns a damn junkstang.

alleykt123 07-14-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcannan354 (Post 15732)
I hope GM makes the volume of sales they need to justify the new Camaro's exsistence…

I am praying every day that GM doesn't make the same mistake they did with the GTOs…

shibbychevy15 07-14-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleykt123 (Post 15780)
I am praying every day that GM doesn't make the same mistake they did with the GTOs…

I thought that GM's intention with the GTO was to only bring it back for a few years:confused: . But hey I could be wrong:iono: .

~Cheers!! :drinking: :smoking:

alleykt123 07-14-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibbychevy15 (Post 15789)
I thought that GM's intention with the GTO was to only bring it back for a few years:confused: . But hey I could be wrong:iono: .

~Cheers!! :drinking: :smoking:

Oh - I was just commenting on the poor sales volume for the Goats. And I believe you're right about the limited number of years for production. :D

Mr. Wyndham 07-14-2007 08:38 PM

It wasn't supposed to be a huge seller, though. I least that's what I heard. People didn't like it's styling - but still bought it for it's relatively (at the time) cheap power.
The only other place you could get an LS2 at the time was in the Vette at $40k +.....

Rock36 07-14-2007 11:13 PM

After a few model years of the 5th generation Camaro you will see as many of them on the road as the Mustang. You won't at first simply because enough of them wouldn't have been built yet.

If GM intends to move over 100K camaros a year like the Mustang (which we already know is true) you won't be able to help seeing them on the road as much.