Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   stay away from Granatelli Motor Sports ! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296005)

mercedestech 05-26-2013 09:12 AM

Seems as if this is the trend lately with the company's that have been taken over by sons/daughters who have never had to work for anything. It is a real shame to see a fathers years of hard work be destroyed by a "silver spoon" as was stated. Same scenario has happened to me recently....you trust a name, only to find out everything that name used to stand for is now corrupt.

SGOS252382 05-26-2013 10:09 AM

Man, that sucks.
Unfortunately I've heard stories like this before about them. Personally I'd be afraid to let them work on my car based on what I've heard about them.

BDBiker 05-26-2013 10:22 AM

Personally, I appreciate the "Heads-up", exposing vendors that specialize in ripping people off is the fastest way to stop it.

Irnwkrkev 05-26-2013 11:08 AM

They can't do that if they're a paid sponsor! They'll delete your posts instead :)

Like they probably will this one.

SSE 4 2SS 05-26-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irnwkrkev (Post 6590891)
They can't do that if they're a paid sponsor! They'll delete your posts instead :)

Like they probably will this one.

Seriously, did you notice that my user name isn't quite the same shade of red as yours... I'm a moderator, and I've been asked for two years to post what happened, and until now I refused....

This sub-forum is exactly what is being demonstrated here... the satisfaction of dis-satisfaction with vendors, regardless of sponsor status....

Having said that, there are people with an unfounded agenda that do nothing but follow vendors around creating havoc.... You don't pay to be here, the sponsoring vendors do... That certainly doesn't mean the vendors are always right, or the members are always wrong....

We delete postings of harassment regardless of whom they are directed towards; be it a general member or a sponsoring vendor. We track post histories prior to making rash decisions, and we have access to much more information than the general populous.

Irnwkrkev 05-26-2013 01:57 PM

Why refuse for years to help keep someone from getting ripped off..... especially if they've been taken for thousands? It's beneficial for everyone to broadcast troubles and findings.
It can also force manufacturers to keep on their toes with quality.

Vendors always have the right to explain themselves and some of them do a damn good job of it.

SSE 4 2SS 05-26-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irnwkrkev (Post 6591278)
Why refuse for years to help keep someone from getting ripped off..... especially if they've been taken for thousands? It's beneficial for everyone to broadcast troubles and findings.
It can also force manufacturers to keep on their toes with quality.

Vendors always have the right to explain themselves and some of them do a damn good job of it.

In my experience it becomes a he said she said thing.

You're written off as a disgruntled customer.

I spend a lot of time at a performance shop, and I've learned one thing... In a quality shop, the occasional unhappy customer is the customer that has no idea what they want in the first place....

Typically, they tramp from shop to shop looking for satisfaction, but like my ex wife, if they don't know what they want it's a given no one else will...

I refuse to be one of them. I knew from the start what I wanted... I didn't go out and buy parts that didn't fit the end product.. I worked with a reputable quality builder and we planned for several months prior to even starting... We saw good things and were getting good information about the kit I was purchasing... and that's how it was right up until my credit card info was given over... Does me slinging mud help anything, maybe to a few close friends that are actually witnesses to what occurred... At this point, I'm just venting... and like I mentioned earlier, I've had literally dozens of people ask me privately via Pm or other methods, and I've steered them to other vendors that have proven their worth and customer support... My two favorites to send people to to this point are Hellion and IPS.

Finally, I'm not the kind to complain... Stuff happens, racecar... I've made two trips to the Texas Mile to set a 5th Gen record, racecar... I'll be going back in October schedule providing, and hopefully it'll work out...

gmg69 05-26-2013 11:03 PM

To the OP:
Really sorry to hear about your experience there man. Mine couldn't be more different. I spent close to 20k on his twin turbo kit, an LS3 conversion, cam, and a race fuel system. Everything went fine...no troubles, car runs strong.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IJrCOJvy4T4
Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=240989&page=1

mikeyg36 05-27-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmg69 (Post 6593147)
To the OP:
Really sorry to hear about your experience there man. Mine couldn't be more different. I spent close to 20k on his twin turbo kit, an LS3 conversion, cam, and a race fuel system. Everything went fine...no troubles, car runs strong.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IJrCOJvy4T4
Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=240989&page=1

Is that you JR? :sm0:

KlugSS 05-27-2013 12:21 AM

Wow! Very interesting.

BigBlock69RS 05-27-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 6588249)

He is a silver spoon born tool making money off of his families name... and screwing the world one customer or ten at a time...

Wow what a sleaz-ball, definitely convinced me never to buy anything from him. hope this thread stays so I can link to it if anyone ever asks about them...

bw26ss 05-27-2013 12:31 AM

i was going to buy a few things, guess not now

Whipped416 05-27-2013 07:15 PM

i will be taking my wires apart tonight and look at them...
did u take any pics robert?

SSE 4 2SS 05-27-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whipped416 (Post 6595811)
i will be taking my wires apart tonight and look at them...
did u take any pics robert?

Pics of the wires...??? No, waste of time,,,, When we saw what they were we threw them away and put my factory wires back on... There are tons of pics of the turbo debacle and over 100 witnesses as to how it happened... Lots of it is in my build thread... We did keep the little heat shield socks he uses to disguise the crappy wires... Best part of the whole wire set... They were cut and assemble wires... buy in bulk and cut to fit... then cover them to sell as high dollar wires... I bet I could build the entire set for 25% or less of what he charges for them...