Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Camaro Owner! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161671)

sstaub 07-28-2011 09:02 PM

New Camaro Owner!

So I'm getting my camaro soon and i was wondering if anyone had any mod suggestions for me since this will be the first car i will be modding. Its a Black 1lt

Transfusion 07-28-2011 09:10 PM

No car. No Pics. And you want answers.... well this is the place. Welcome and hopefully the beer fridge will get here soon, it's been a long hot day.

sstaub 07-28-2011 09:14 PM

i have seen the beer fridge while looking at possible modds. thanks and it has been hot here to.

bluetooth-ss 07-28-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstaub (Post 3536594)
So I'm getting my camaro soon and i was wondering if anyone had any mod suggestions for me since this will be the first car i will be modding. Its a Black 1lt

A cold air intake is a good place to start imo. Welcome to our corner of the galaxy.

sstaub 07-28-2011 09:17 PM

thanks. would you mind explaining what that does for your car.

pnyklr 07-28-2011 09:19 PM

Tint!

-Funk

Nightfall 07-28-2011 09:20 PM

:needpics:

sstaub 07-28-2011 09:20 PM

what is the most tint you can legally get because i know that you can get pulled over if it is too dark

Mysteek 07-28-2011 09:20 PM

Tinted windows for sure!! :thumbup: That's just a given!! I would say start with the windows then decide if you want to do any cosmetic mods. Then you can figure out which is more important right after you get your baby. Getting her looking AWESOME or picking up the HP!! I'm going cosmetic first because my dealership isn't cool enough to work with any mods I do to the engine, exhaust, blah blah blah!! So, I'm taking baby steps. If you don't have the RS package you might want to consider a spoiler. I ordered mine from a sponsor here and she rocks!!! :headbang: I get it installed next week. Then you want to figure out if you want to do a color scheme with yours. I am doing red accents throughout. I do plan on getting a CAI, Catch Can, Exhaust and what not later on, but as stated before sticking with cosmetic mods. I have the red spears on my hood, LOVE THEM!! I would also like to get the dual halos, red and white!! I'm going to replace my interior trim kit too!! There is a TON of stuff you can do, just figure out which end you want to start with first and roll from there!! This forum is sooooo helpful and very addicting. New stuff ALL THE TIME!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :happyanim:

Mysteek 07-28-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstaub (Post 3536667)
what is the most tint you can legally get because i know that you can get pulled over if it is too dark

You might want to ask around town. Everyone is different. Here it's 20%, and that's what I have. Looks darker than that because I have black interior so it looks like it's 5%

sstaub 07-28-2011 09:24 PM

i was thinking about the red it looks good with black. Mysteek are any of the things you listed void your warranty with your dealer? and have you tinted yours yet cause i was wondering on pricing?

bluetooth-ss 07-28-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstaub (Post 3536652)
thanks. would you mind explaining what that does for your car.

It'll make the engine breathe a little easier and bump the hp up a tad.

sstaub 07-28-2011 09:26 PM

bluetooth does this void the warranty and does it hurt the gas miliage?

Big J 07-28-2011 09:28 PM

Congrats great color choice