Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Autos For Sale / Wanted (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Got to sell (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99563)

ROD1 08-09-2010 08:07 AM

Got to sell

:( A sad day indeed. The doctors say my wife won't be able to return to work which was a total shock to the family. Since she was half the household income we need to decrease expenses. I need some savvy advice on how to sell my Camaro. All the mods can be seen in my signature. It is an auto Lt1 with Rs and conv/conect package. Total for mods are $5700 not including my extra Vette wheels and Hoosier DRs that I have $600 into. I paid $27,800 for it last year and it now has 7,500 miles on it. I still have all the original parts for it. Should I put it back to stock and sell it and part out the mods or should I sell it modded. What do ya think I could get for it as stock and as modded? Damn this is a tough post to write. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

speedy_g 08-09-2010 08:13 AM

Sorry to hear that good luck ! I'll be sad to see one of the fastest guys going ..

2010 2-Tone 08-09-2010 08:16 AM

Always hard to hear news like that. You have a beautiful car and ask a fair price and you will get it sold. These cars are still interesting in the public eye especially one that has been taken care of.

Orange5thGen 08-09-2010 08:21 AM

Sorry to hear this.....You may have rights to compensation if your wife was injured at work or doing a work related activity....PM me details if you would I may be able to provide advice if nothing else.

If you will be parting with your mods I may be interested in the N20 and DR's

67 GTO 08-09-2010 08:29 AM

Really sorry to hear this and hope your wife is Ok. I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling especially with those Boss wheels. They look great.

rydahog 08-09-2010 08:57 AM

I know this is off topic, but, SS disability, workers comp, and or food stamps, are available. check into this ,don't be proud. good luck..:)

Blade 08-09-2010 08:58 AM

So sorry to here this ROD, good luck and well wishes to your wife and family.

I think you will be fine selling the car as long as you can bring it back to stock as much as possible. The wheels and shifter are better off staying on, since they enhance the look. I am not sure everyone will want the NOS kit. The exhaust is a selling point too, plus it will be insanely expensive to put the stock system back on.

Also I would check with Vince and see if the support for the tune is transferable to a new owner. Since you will be selling the car, the new owner will have questions and will need help from Vince.

Honestly, if I didn't live in an apartment, I would have taken the hoosiers and wheels off your hands in a sec.

ROD1 08-09-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydahog (Post 2198264)
I know this is off topic, but, SS disability, workers comp, and or food stamps, are available. check into this ,don't be proud. good luck..:)

She is going on SS disability but it is only going to be about 1/5th of what she was making.

ROD1 08-09-2010 09:29 AM

Thanks all. I think putting it back to stock is the way to go. I do all my own work so no expense there, just a pita and disheartning to do. I will check with Vince on to see if the tune is tranferable.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-09-2010 09:41 AM

Rod, I really don't know what to say. I am so sorry to hear this. You are right, putting the car back to stock is the way to go. I wish you and your wife the best and hopefully in time you will be able to get yourself another Camaro. :thumbsup:

KMPrenger 08-09-2010 09:52 AM

Sad day indeed ROD. You've been more than a great supporter of us and this site.

Hope to still see you around.

scrming 08-09-2010 09:55 AM

So sorry to hear this...

but you are right... to get the most put it back to stock and then sell off the mods...

man... again, sorry to hear this...

1naylor 08-09-2010 09:58 AM

Sorry to hear this as well. Definitely going back to stock is the way.

Removing all evidence of the nitrous would be a good start. That will frighten off most buyers.

I am about to be in the market for some long tube headers - I'm looking at the BBK but if you do go back to stock let me know what you want for yours.

Good luck with it all.

97one 08-09-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROD1 (Post 2198367)
Thanks all. I think putting it back to stock is the way to go. I do all my own work so no expense there, just a pita and disheartning to do. I will check with Vince on to see if the tune is tranferable.

Sorry to here this.
Yes putting it back to stock is the best way to go..:thumbsup:
You could sell the after market parts on this site.
It is not easy selling a car privetly unless you take a real bath.
Most people buy cars over say $15k form dealers, and app. 90% don't pay CASH for cars over $15K.
Let us know how you make out..........Good Luck !