Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   HUD Went out (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291491)

funk69z/28 04-25-2013 01:58 PM

HUD Went out

Well a little over a year of owning the car my HUD went out. I have a little over 5k on the car. I can see the HUD adjusting it self but no display. Appointment to go in on May 1st , see what happens.:noidea::noidea:

dkp2LT 04-25-2013 02:38 PM

One thing I would do - if your dash/console is in really good shape I would take pictures or make sure they note that there are no scratches. If they have to replace the HUD then your dash is coming out, meaning your console is coming out also (and maybe your windshield). Near impossible to not scratch something - I did a good job but still ended up w/ a small nick on the dash.

Hope it works out for you ok - will be interested in what they end up doing.

6speedss 04-25-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funk69z/28 (Post 6468688)
Well a little over a year of owning the car my HUD went out. I have a little over 5k on the car. I can see the HUD adjusting it self but no display. Appointment to go in on May 1st , see what happens.:noidea::noidea:

Mine was replaced with just around 6k on the car.....dash comes out...they scratched the pillar by the windshield slightly but not noticeable....definitely take pictures and listen for rattles after its fixed!

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-25-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funk69z/28 (Post 6468688)

Hi funk69z/28,

I see your all set up for an appointment already. Let us know how your visit goes and if there is anything we may assist you further.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

dkp2LT 04-26-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6speedss (Post 6468843)
Mine was replaced with just around 6k on the car.....dash comes out...they scratched the pillar by the windshield slightly but not noticeable....definitely take pictures and listen for rattles after its fixed!

I forgot - I scratched my drivers side pillar a bit also but not bad enough to replace yet. Looking for a 2012 dash (no hurry) and figure I'll change then.

funk69z/28 04-27-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6469626)
Hi funk69z/28,

I see your all set up for an appointment already. Let us know how your visit goes and if there is anything we may assist you further.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks Reggie. Roger dean on the first of may. Will keep everyone up to date.

funk69z/28 05-15-2013 09:56 AM

Got the Car back on the 8th of May. They took care of the HUD and that day I took it on a 180 mile round trip and didn't have any new rattles. Only complaint that I took care of myself was the Bezel Trip was not reinstalled correctly, and my radar detector connector was bent back, which I also corrected. They had her washed up for when I picked it up.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-15-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funk69z/28 (Post 6546452)
Got the Car back on the 8th of May. They took care of the HUD and that day I took it on a 180 mile round trip and didn't have any new rattles. Only complaint that I took care of myself was the Bezel Trip was not reinstalled correctly, and my radar detector connector was bent back, which I also corrected. They had her washed up for when I picked it up.

Thanks for the update funk69z/28,

We are happy your overall experience was good and especially happy that your vehicle is back in your possession and operating to your liking. Let us know if there is anything we could do for you in the future.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care