Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rear lip spoiler on concept camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3556)

1BADZL1 04-03-2008 05:23 PM

Rear lip spoiler on concept camaro?

Did I miss something, or have we done away with the lip rear spoiler on the production vehicle?
I realize the production cars have not been made "final" so to speak.
Rear end cosmetics like the front end cosmetics are hard to address custom wise at times...
I thought a bout a "Phat" low winged profile rear spolier, but even still i think it would still need the lip spoiler as well to look cool...
:iono:
I want a small lip spolier on mine! :cry:

CamaroSpike23 04-03-2008 05:24 PM

it will more than likely be an option from the factory.

check out the thread showing the other accessories for the new camaro. gfx, spoilers, wheels, stripes, etc. its looking like it will be an option with the base camaros not getting it, and the Z28/SS getting it from the get-go

radz28 04-03-2008 05:24 PM

Time will tell but I'm sure we'll have something available, either stock, as an option, or an accessory through GM.

jhitson 04-03-2008 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Think this is itin this picture.

Camaroman_99 04-04-2008 05:06 AM

+1 on the spoiler. I will have one on mine.

BitchinCamaro 04-04-2008 08:37 AM

You have to remember the cars in the spy pics are about testing the hardware, not about looks. If you go by them we have given up on spoilers, emblems, normal headlights, interior coverings... but we have added PVC pipes, a trailer hitch, and of course the almighty rope out of the trunk!!! :sm0:

Bruno 04-04-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro (Post 59376)
You have to remember the cars in the spy pics are about testing the hardware, not about looks. If you go by them we have given up on spoilers, emblems, normal headlights, interior coverings... but we have added PVC pipes, a trailer hitch, and of course the almighty rope out of the trunk!!! :sm0:

Good point! That's why the GM accessories pics were so fun to analyze. THat was all about testing the looks, not hardware. And I like what I see except for the big rear wing. :w00t:

LS9CamaroSS 04-04-2008 12:38 PM

I don't know man give me the whole package. I love that wing. I just hope it isn't too much extra...

CamaroSpike23 04-04-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS (Post 59448)
I don't know man give me the whole package. I love that wing. I just hope it isn't too much extra...

the whole package? with the big spoiler, half a small spoiler, different wheels on either side, different length stripes different gfx on either side and a cardboard front grille/lights?

:laughabove:

LadiesMan217 04-04-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 59493)
the whole package? with the big spoiler, half a small spoiler, different wheels on either side, different length stripes different gfx on either side and a cardboard front grille/lights?

The cardboard front grille & lights would be cheaper than a billet and HID's!

(You may want to get a bra though...)

1BADZL1 04-04-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhitson (Post 59179)
Think this is itin this picture.

I see now what you are saying...
half of the lip spolier is missing. I did not catch this first in the other thread.

LS9CamaroSS 04-04-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 59493)

lol exactly like that!no the ground fx the big spoiler and the "RS" stripes.

EllwynX 04-04-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS (Post 59508)
lol exactly like that!no the ground fx the big spoiler and the "RS" stripes.

I really hope the GFX/Spoiler are one package while the stripes are another.

I think that is more likely since some people like stripes but hate the 'ricey' GFX/Spoiler and others (ME) hate stripes, but love the GFX/Spoiler.

1BADZL1 04-04-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 59533)
I really hope the GFX/Spoiler are one package while the stripes are another.

I think that is more likely since some people like stripes but hate the 'ricey' GFX/Spoiler and others (ME) hate stripes, but love the GFX/Spoiler.

Ditto that.
I might had rather do my own stripes.