Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Free Shipping to The Great White North (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57075)

Avalnch 12-18-2009 12:25 AM

Free Shipping to The Great White North

After calling some of the local pro-shops, I'm become very disheartened with the pricing. Seems we're being gouged cause the shops are not keeping up with the exchange rate??

Anyways, I found this site. Still a US online retailer, but they have free shipping to most of Canada.

Check it out. Anyone have experience with this outfit?

http://www.magnaflowstop.com/information

Tom

CDN SS 12-18-2009 10:40 AM

Just remember that even if they ship for free you still might have to pay duties and handling charges depending on how the item is shipped. Using the post office is always your best bet.

CanadianCamaro 12-18-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian GP (Post 1298296)
Just remember that even if they ship for free you still might have to pay duties and handling charges depending on how the item is shipped. Using the post office is always your best bet.

Using the postal service will not allow you to by-pass duty charges. Although they have the cheapest brokerage and handling rates by far. UPS is the worst I've seen.

If they're offering free shipping it's probably economy ground shipping, which is fine. If that's the case you s/b able to convince them to do it through USPS.

2010victoryredss_ron 12-18-2009 09:28 PM

it says in the Taxes area, that they have a warehouse in Canada, so duties probably wont come into effect. but the prices are in US dollars. here it is below

Taxes

There are no state sales tax when shopping at MagnaflowStop. Canadian residents will be charged 5% GST. Ontario residents will be charged 5% GST and 8% PST. Maritime residents, will be charged 13% HST. In addition to our US warehouses, we have a warehouse in Canada meaning that you do not have to pay any customs or brokerage fees.

Avalnch 12-20-2009 11:34 PM

That's right. No duties, but since the exhaust is fabricated in the US, there would be no duties, however, if it was shipped from the US, you'd have to pay brokerage, which is bad too.

BUT, as Victoryred points out, they state that they ship within Canada, so for us in BC, it's a pretty good deal since we don't have to pay PST!

After calling around, I found that you can save upto $250, depending on which make/model you get.

Davenport 12-22-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalnch (Post 1297413)
After calling some of the local pro-shops, I'm become very disheartened with the pricing. Seems we're being gouged cause the shops are not keeping up with the exchange rate??

Anyways, I found this site. Still a US online retailer, but they have free shipping to most of Canada.

Check it out. Anyone have experience with this outfit?

http://www.magnaflowstop.com/information

Tom

That's odd, I compared three part #'s, two 2010 Camaro systems, and a Avalanche system. On all three our prices are less in Canadian funds. We're in Calgary but from my quick comparison I think we'd still be cheaper with shipping. PM me with the part #'s you're interested in, I'll give it my best shot. :thumbsup:

Avalnch 12-22-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davenport (Post 1311832)
That's odd, I compared three part #'s, two 2010 Camaro systems, and a Avalanche system. On all three our prices are less in Canadian funds. We're in Calgary but from my quick comparison I think we'd still be cheaper with shipping. PM me with the part #'s you're interested in, I'll give it my best shot. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I would much rather deal with a Canadian distributor. I will contact you in the new year about a Borla and CAI system. Bolra's the unit that I'd prefer cause it's made of 304SS. BTW, can you get the Volant Power Core system?

Merc 12-22-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian GP (Post 1298296)

YEP! If they UPS it be prepared to pay $40 for the recieving at your end. UPS will charge you a brokerage fee. Total BS!:paddle:

Davenport 12-23-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalnch (Post 1311941)
Thanks, I would much rather deal with a Canadian distributor. I will contact you in the new year about a Borla and CAI system. Bolra's the unit that I'd prefer cause it's made of 304SS. BTW, can you get the Volant Power Core system?

Sounds good! Yes, we are a Volant distributor, we stock the truck systems, and will be getting some Camaro systems in the new year.

29er 12-23-2009 01:19 PM

it says on the website they have a warehouse in canada//i guess toronto// so that's why the free shipping. the price is adjusted in the price of the exhaust.

Avalnch 12-23-2009 09:35 PM

The previous poster bring another item to mind. Anyone installed the Hurst short-throw shifter? Where'd you get it from?

THUMPER20X 12-24-2009 01:22 PM

The last thing I brought in "Properly" is my MPD spoiler. I have bought some more stuff and all came in under the radar. I dont care Im not paying a ridiculous amount of gov BS for car parts especially because canada has almost nothing here. I feel no guilt at all because I feel its a huge scam. If it was a few bucks ok but when it gets to your door and you pay up to an additional 50% on what the actual price is thats shit.

Davenport 12-28-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalnch (Post 1315913)
The previous poster bring another item to mind. Anyone installed the Hurst short-throw shifter? Where'd you get it from?

We've got a couple of them in stock. Haven't installed yet but hopefully soon.