Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - New England (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   LimeRock Autocross (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283851)

JWR046 03-19-2013 06:12 PM

LimeRock Autocross

I am going to get to the autocross this summer and this is the closet. I have not been to LimeRock in probably 10 years. Has anyone run there?

http://www.limerock.com/index.php?op...nfo&Itemid=271

FAIRNOT LZ1 03-19-2013 06:40 PM

:chevy:

There is a thread on this down farther on this list :doh:

Lime Rock track day April 19th
dkbmx993

JWR046 03-19-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAIRNOT LZ1 (Post 6306939)
:chevy:

There is a thread on this down farther on this list :doh:

Lime Rock track day April 19th
dkbmx993

Yeah I must have missed that thread that was right in front of me.....

I am looking for feedback of the track and experience anyone might have.

2010CamaroRS 03-20-2013 10:13 AM

ive run there 3 times..

autocross at limerock is far different than anywhere else...since you are using the track itself and not one created on an airstrip or a parking lot somewhere

a road course is really the ultimate test for your car...you get answers to a lot of questions...

1. what tire should I run if I plan to autox multiple times a season
2. do i need suspension upgrades (likely yes ZL1 or not)
3. should i wear a diaper when I hit the track (likely yes since youre autoxing a ZL1 lol)

ive had luck of being able to be pretty much WOT for the majority of the track all 3 times ive been on it...but none of them we're for a sanctioned autox event...just leisure as I was attending their annual Memorial Day weekend car show which takes place on the frontstretch

what a blast...i cant wait to do the actual autox days there this season...

i was lucky enough to get a track tour so i know how to enter and exit each turn

600hp-lpe 03-20-2013 01:05 PM

March 22nd has an 86 db limit.. i don't pass at that low a level. Trialer is still buried in snow...

the others sound interesting.

JWR046 03-20-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS (Post 6309554)
ive run there 3 times..

autocross at limerock is far different than anywhere else...since you are using the track itself and not one created on an airstrip or a parking lot somewhere

a road course is really the ultimate test for your car...you get answers to a lot of questions...

3. should i wear a diaper when I hit the track (likely yes since youre autoxing a ZL1 lol)

ive had luck of being able to be pretty much WOT for the majority of the track all 3 times ive been on it...but none of them we're for a sanctioned autox event...just leisure as I was attending their annual Memorial Day weekend car show which takes place on the frontstretch

i was lucky enough to get a track tour so i know how to enter and exit each turn

Cool. I am looking forward to running the car on the track without diapers. :) I am not sure how often I will do it but have a feeling I may get a little addicted. :)

2010CamaroRS 03-21-2013 07:35 AM

oh no you will...believe me...its legit an hour and a half from my house in the boonies of NW CT...since i may soon have another set of tires...im really looking forward to this...

dkbmx993 03-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWR046
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS

ive run there 3 times..

Cool. I am looking forward to running the car on the track without diapers. I am not sure how often I will do it but have a feeling I may get a little addicted.

I am going to the April 19 one because i believe it's the only Friday track day. its hard to take Monday's off for me.

the autox is 225 I believe and track day is 300. track day also comes with more track time i believe (4 20min sessions) and instructors available to fine tune your line.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

2010CamaroRS 03-22-2013 01:00 PM

instructors are there for the autox days too

2010CamaroRS 05-30-2013 02:46 PM

bump

dkbmx993 05-30-2013 05:43 PM

not sure if this was mentioned earlier but limerock has a seperate autox course. its not the 1.54 mile road course. they have a small course in the infield they use for autox and drifting. track diagram should be on their site. and coming from wethersfield I think its about and 1h15min not taking scenic route

2010CamaroRS 05-31-2013 06:50 AM

its not the road course?...rough...

dkbmx993 05-31-2013 08:58 AM

no there autox is the course you probably parked on during the sandy hook show. that is $225. to run the road course you need to sign up for a track day which I have a thread a little further down for july 1 which will run the road course. the link is there to register. to run any road course with any club prices will be $300-345. englishtown is the only one cheaper and that is $225 first time and $125 after.

2010CamaroRS 05-31-2013 01:50 PM

id almost rather wait...and travel to The Glen for some laps...