Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   My new track toy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305417)

Orange Crush 1LE 07-02-2013 06:43 PM

My new track toy

Hi all,

New member here, my name's Todd.

I just picked up an orange ILE. I bought it in Long Beach and drove her home to San Jose. I've got to say, Chevrolet scored a bulls eye with this machine! I just can't believe how well it handles! It's priority in life is to hit the road courses, but will be driven on the street a couple days a week as well. The styling with the matte black hood and black wheels is bad ass, and I can't believe you can get this much performance for such a reasonable price.

It's track debut will be with Hooked on Driving at Thunderhill, July 20-21. I'm fairly new to tracking, I have 4 track days under my belt, and took the Ron Fellows ZR1 School at Spring Mountain. Absolute blast, highly recommended! I'm going back for Level 2 in October.

This is my second Camaro. I had a '95 Z28 with a supercharged Lingenfelter 383. Over the years I've also owned a '70 Cuda 383 Magnum, a Mustang and an SRT8 Challenger.

Fraxum 07-02-2013 07:25 PM

Nice color choice! You will love this car. Mine is still stock. Enjoying even the stock 1LE.

You get NPP?

cornerspeed92 07-02-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE (Post 6744383)
Hi all,

I just picked up an orange ILE. I bought it in Long Beach and drove her home to San Jose. I've got to say, Chevrolet scored a bulls eye with this machine! I just can't believe how well it handles! It's priority in life is to hit the road courses, but will be driven on the street a couple days a week as well. The styling with the matte black hood and black wheels is bad ass, and I can't believe you can get this much performance for such a reasonable price.

It's track debut will be with Hooked on Driving at Thunderhill, July 20-21. I'm fairly new to tracking, I have 4 track days under my belt, and took the Ron Fellows ZR1 School at Spring Mountain. Absolute blast, highly recommended! I'm going back for Level 2 in October.

This is my second Camaro. I had a '95 Z28 with a supercharged Lingenfelter 383. Over the years I've also owned a '70 Cuda 383 Magnum, a Mustang and an SRT8 Challenger.

Very nice,since you came all the way to Long Beach to get your baby,come an extra 60 miles and join me at FONTANA,Aug 11th,for an awesome track day.There are supposed to be a bunch of C5'rs there.

Monte Mac 07-02-2013 08:32 PM

Congrats on the purchase! IOM for the win! We want PICS!

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-02-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE (Post 6744383)
Hi all,

Greetings Todd,

Welcome to Camaro5 and congratulations on your orange 1LE! Thanks so much for the positive remarks about the Camaro. We are happy to know that it brings great satisfaction to you and hope everything remains that way moving forward. Enjoy your vehicle and feel free to contact us anytime with questions.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

HighMtnSS 07-02-2013 09:08 PM

Congrats! Nice color...

markgws6 07-02-2013 11:52 PM

So I'm from Campbell. You are close to my neighborhood.
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing your car in person and meeting you. Also, CrystalRedTintCoat is in San Jose too so sounds like there will be a few of us soon. I'm excited!!

2010 SSRS 07-02-2013 11:58 PM

Congrats, best color ever

Apex Motorsports 07-03-2013 08:25 AM

Congrats!

Cooley 07-03-2013 08:50 AM

Gratz!! The orange really sets off the matte black. You won't be disappointed in the 1LE, I've had mine since Nov. and still smile every time I turn the key.

tramtwo 07-03-2013 09:28 AM

Welcome, now lets see some photos!! :D

Orange Crush 1LE 07-03-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 6744590)
Nice color choice! You will love this car. Mine is still stock. Enjoying even the stock 1LE.

You get NPP?

Unfortunately, 1LEs are pretty rare around here. I had to drive 400 miles to get this one, and it didn't come with NPP. So I'll be looking to upgrade to a Corsa or Borla cat-back.

Orange Crush 1LE 07-03-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 (Post 6744712)
Very nice,since you came all the way to Long Beach to get your baby,come an extra 60 miles and join me at FONTANA,Aug 11th,for an awesome track day.There are supposed to be a bunch of C5'rs there.

Thanks for the invite. Does Fontana have a road course, or is this on the big oval?

Orange Crush 1LE 07-03-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markgws6 (Post 6745733)
So I'm from Campbell. You are close to my neighborhood.
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing your car in person and meeting you. Also, CrystalRedTintCoat is in San Jose too so sounds like there will be a few of us soon. I'm excited!!

Great! Let me know when you get that bad ride and we'll get together.
I'll also be looking for a local Camaro or muscle car club to join.