Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Darwin Driver on the Month (July) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249)

Mindz 07-24-2007 03:16 PM

Darwin Driver on the Month (July)

Here's the first of several threads dedicated to stories of the genius* drivers of the world. Post your stories of these great drivers or people who just pissed you off on the road and we'll vote at the end of each month. There will be a new thread for each month, as well as a separate voting thread to declare the winner.

I'll start it off.

Driving home from work at 2:30 AM last night, there were 4 lanes on 101 Southbound just leaving SF. There was a Toyota tercel tailgating a car in the 3 lane (second from the right) about an 1/8th of a mile ahead of me. I'm in the fastlane going about 68 while they're going I guess around 50 ish. As I start getting closer, I realize that the tercel has his high beams on and is following this miata pretty close (about 1 car length or so). All of a sudden, the tercel swerves over two lanes into the fast lane, no signal, just out of the blue. I have to almost brake pretty hard to not hit him/her. The tercel keeps going and then swerves back over two lanes as if he/she was just trying to pass the miata. Why it got into the fast lane, I have no clue other than to slow me down from 3 mph over the posted limit (65).

I just wish I had a dart gun or something to pop his tire.

twigg107 07-24-2007 07:25 PM

This one take the cake!!!

ricer crash

Other Side 07-24-2007 07:40 PM

^Haha.
"We lost control... because of the dirt."

Found this link from there:
Another video of incredible intelligence.

alleykt123 07-24-2007 07:41 PM

This isn't a recent stupid-driver event, but I have to tell this story.

I was on the way to work one morning, driving in the highspeed lane on the freeway going about 75. The guy in the car in front of me seems to be digging around in the passenger seat for something - he does this for a few minutes. I'm not too worried because he's staying in his lane and not tailgating the vehicle in front of him.

The next thing I know, he straightens out in his seat and starts lifting a weight… WTF??!! Dude was doing his workout while going 75+ on the freeway!!

Thinking that it wasn't such a good idea to be behind him, I got out of that lane and away from him.

Work out in your car while commuting? Man I hope his DNA doesn't get passed along…

stevenm357 07-24-2007 09:04 PM

Weight lifting while driving.. why didn't I think of it.

This month on I-68 east of Morgantown, WV a drive crossed the median, striking 2 cars and killing a total of 5 people... he survived, and received his 8th DUI ... what how... shouldn't he be executed at this point!

a couple years ago i had some guy in an SUV pull out in front of me. go 20 MPH in the city ( 25 limit) so i pass him. he speeds up to over 35 when i do. tail gates me to the next stop light and jumps out of his SUV. at Which point i make sure i have my pistol handy. and the light turns and i drive on. He runs back to his SUV and flies up on my ass again. then comes up into the turn lane swerving and swearing at me then turns immediately left. A short over weight bald man was attempting to pick a fight with a martial arts and firearms instructor. .. bad mojo.

I've seen some really stupid crap and done some crap hopefully not that stupid. My favorite was the darwin award winner that took an old camaro and tied a rocket that they use for the military cargo planes when the runway is too short. .... yeah. no off switch. the FAA was called instead of police because there he hit the side of a New Mexico or Arizona mountain it looked like a train wreck..... those rockets... no off switch!

KILLER74Z28 07-24-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenm357 (Post 16934)
Weight lifting while driving.. why didn't I think of it.

This month on I-68 east of Morgantown, WV a drive crossed the median, striking 2 cars and killing a total of 5 people... he survived, and received his 8th DUI ... what how... shouldn't he be executed at this point!

a couple years ago i had some guy in an SUV pull out in front of me. go 20 MPH in the city ( 25 limit) so i pass him. he speeds up to over 35 when i do. tail gates me to the next stop light and jumps out of his SUV. at Which point i make sure i have my pistol handy. and the light turns and i drive on. He runs back to his SUV and flies up on my ass again. then comes up into the turn lane swerving and swearing at me then turns immediately left. A short over weight bald man was attempting to pick a fight with a martial arts and firearms instructor. .. bad mojo.

I've seen some really stupid crap and done some crap hopefully not that stupid. My favorite was the darwin award winner that took an old camaro and tied a rocket that they use for the military cargo planes when the runway is too short. .... yeah. no off switch. the FAA was called instead of police because there he hit the side of a New Mexico or Arizona mountain it looked like a train wreck..... those rockets... no off switch!

Has to be the biggest "Urban Legend" ever when dealing with an automobile… The first time I read the story it was a 60 something Impala and a sidewinder missile. The car changes depending on who tells the story. They debunked it on Myth Busters

Mindz 07-25-2007 12:49 AM

Well I was trying to keep this to user submitted stories, but youtubes are always funny to watch. From this point on can we stick to incidents that involve you watching another driver, or even being the driver yourself? Thanks.

TAG UR IT 07-25-2007 01:25 AM

I'll submit my story later. Does it have to be about their driving? Or, can it be about their stupidity in general?

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/jato.asp

The myth is false. Maybe what I saw was mythbusters too.