Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dealer called: my 2SS/RS has been built! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21264)

fldrummer 05-04-2009 04:35 PM

Dealer called: my 2SS/RS has been built!

So I was getting a ride home from physical therapy (just had knee surgery last week on my clutch leg--perfect timing, huh?) and was going to call the dealer for an order status update when I got home when, out of nowhere, the phone rings. It's the salesman at my dealer calling to tell me my car has been built! :happyanim: I semi-jokingly told him I was hoping the call wouldn't come for a couple more weeks, since I won't be able to drive manual for at least a few more (hopefully no more than that). I couldn't believe it. Last I heard, around 4/17, I was still at 3000 and they were going to call back the next week with an update, but never did. Unlike most of you, I'm hoping it DOES take a few weeks to get here, like the dealer originally told me, so I'll be well enough to drive it home the day it arrives. 'Think I might be going in for physical therapy more often now; LOL!

They forgot to look up the event code and VIN for me, but said they would look that up tomorrow. 'Called the 800 number, but they couldn't tell me either one; 'just confirmed that it had been built and is being shipped, so I guess I'm at 4000 or 4200 (?). I'm getting anxious now, to say the least! :headbang:

BTW, I was #6 of 24 at my dealer and ordered on 11/14--black/black 2SS/RS manual.

PQ 05-04-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 456838)
So I was getting a ride home from physical therapy (just had knee surgery last week on my clutch leg--perfect timing, huh?) and was going to call the dealer for an order status update when I got home when, out of nowhere, the phone rings. It's the salesman at my dealer calling to tell me my car has been built! :happyanim: I semi-jokingly told him I was hoping the call wouldn't come for a couple more weeks, since I won't be able to drive manual for at least a few more (hopefully no more than that). I couldn't believe it. Last I heard, around 4/17, I was still at 3000 and they were going to call back the next week with an update, but never did. Unlike most of you, I'm hoping it DOES take a few weeks to get here, like the dealer originally told me, so I'll be well enough to drive it home the day it arrives. 'Think I might be going in for physical therapy more often now; LOL!

They forgot to look up the event code and VIN for me, but said they would look that up tomorrow. 'Called the 800 number, but they couldn't tell me either one; 'just confirmed that it had been built and is being shipped, so I guess I'm at 4000 or 4200 (?). I'm getting anxious now, to say the least! :headbang:

BTW, I was #6 of 24 at my dealer and ordered on 11/14--black/black 2SS/RS manual.

You don't need any more therapy. You have a stick shift to work out with. :thumbsup:

achalk 05-04-2009 04:52 PM

I sure hope that lines up for others, b/c I went to 3000 on 4/21 (and also ordered from FL).

fldrummer 05-04-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 456873)
You don't need any more therapy. You have a stick shift to work out with. :thumbsup:

Good point! LOL If it's easy enough to get in/out of, I bet I could manage right now (the clutch shouldn't require more than 30 lbs. of force to operate, right? The truck I was borrowing is a whole 'nother story though).

fldrummer 05-04-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achalk (Post 456901)
I sure hope that lines up for others, b/c I went to 3000 on 4/21 (and also ordered from FL).

Yeah, I'm hoping this gives others in Florida without answers some hope also, and I know there are many on this site. :wave:

Optimus Prime 05-04-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 456912)
Yeah, I'm hoping this gives others in Florida without answers some hope also, and I know there are many on this site. :wave:

True! It seems like up until just recently, we Floridians weren't getting much Camaro love. (not many VIN's in the VIN thread when it was still active, not many updates for FL orders) Good news and congrats!

bobby35ny 05-04-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 456873)

Well, When I Tonya Harding him, I was wishing I could jump in his spot in line!!

LOL

-bobby

BrianGriffin78 05-04-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldrummer (Post 456838)

Congrats man! Did they say when they expect delivery?

SSmoke 05-04-2009 09:59 PM

Yeah buddy- mines going to Venice on the west coast- I'd be down for it being built already...I'm holding off until Thursday to call my dealer...that'll make it 2 weeks since i last spoke to him.

fldrummer 05-05-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 457079)
Well, When I Tonya Harding him, I was wishing I could jump in his spot in line!!

LOL

-bobby

Yeah, that plan kinda backfired, didn't it? haha :-P