Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   2012 AC issue (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293813)

Witchdoctor92 05-06-2013 05:35 PM

2012 AC issue

So, my A/C was making a kind of hissing sound this morning when the A/C is turned off the hissing continues for a few seconds (5-10) and no cold air coming out. The fan is running and hot air is blowing and the A/C clutch is not engaging. Anybody got any idea?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-06-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 (Post 6512076)
So, my A/C was making a kind of hissing sound this morning when the A/C is turned off the hissing continues for a few seconds (5-10) and no cold air coming out. The fan is running and hot air is blowing and the A/C clutch is not engaging. Anybody got any idea?

Sorry Witchdoctor92,

Sorry for this issue your experiencing with your A/C unit. Have you considered taking your vehicle in for diagnosis? If so I would be happy to help set that up for you. I would need some information from you which you could private message to me. Let me know, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Witchdoctor92 05-06-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6512620)
Sorry Witchdoctor92,

Sorry for this issue your experiencing with your A/C unit. Have you considered taking your vehicle in for diagnosis? If so I would be happy to help set that up for you. I would need some information from you which you could private message to me. Let me know, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks reggie. I have an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-06-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 (Post 6512833)
Thanks reggie. I have an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Witchdoctor92,

Great. Could you please private message me your full name, best contact number, address, VIN and current vehicle mileage. I will locate the dealer nearest you and contact them tomorrow to set up your appointment as all dealers are closed now. Also, please give me any other availability you have to visit the dealer as tomorrow may not be enough notice for the dealer.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Witchdoctor92 05-06-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6513081)
Witchdoctor92,

Great. Could you please private message me your full name, best contact number, address, VIN and current vehicle mileage. I will locate the dealer nearest you and contact them tomorrow to set up your appointment as all dealers are closed now. Also, please give me any other availability you have to visit the dealer as tomorrow may not be enough notice for the dealer.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I contacted the dealer ad have an appointment for tomorrow.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-07-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchdoctor92 (Post 6513147)
I contacted the dealer ad have an appointment for tomorrow.

Hello Witchdoctor92,

Great news. Please do let me know how the visit goes and if I can assist you at all throughout the process.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

silverz28 05-09-2013 03:51 PM

Is it the evap core? Mine was having the same issue and they replaced the evap core under warranty. All good now.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-09-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverz28 (Post 6524158)
Is it the evap core? Mine was having the same issue and they replaced the evap core under warranty. All good now.

Glad to hear that your system is now working properly silverz28. Kudos to your dealer. Enjoy.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care