Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Borla Sport Catback Exhaust Video (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33283)

LyssaRaen 07-19-2009 10:04 PM

Borla Sport Catback Exhaust Video

Received the Borla sport catback system on Saturday and the fiance and I installed it Saturday night. So very happy with the sound! :happyanim:

The installation actually wasnt too bad. Thought someone on the here may want to see a video clip of the catback, since (as far as I know) one does not yet exist.

Enjoy...

Speed74SS 07-20-2009 07:51 AM

Sounds great!!

gettinginaMaro! 07-20-2009 04:03 PM

any numbers?

bobby35ny 07-21-2009 12:57 AM

Thats sounds good. That just the mufflers or complete catback with mid pipes?

-bobby

LyssaRaen 07-21-2009 10:29 AM

This is the complete catback system from Borla. Part number 140280.

GLBL WMR 07-21-2009 11:46 AM

What is the drone like at lower RPMs? The few Borla equipped cars I have been in have had noticeable drone.

LyssaRaen 07-21-2009 12:17 PM

There is a slight drone at about 2K. Not really that bad though. I've been in cars that had much more noticable interior resonance. You can still hear your music and carry on a conversation.

SGOS252382 07-21-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyssaRaen (Post 705048)
There is a slight drone at about 2K. Not really that bad though. I've been in cars that had much more noticable interior resonance. You can still hear your music and carry on a conversation.

The problem is on long cruises at 75- 80mph, you'll be sitting at 2k rpms listening to that drone. Even if its not that bad, it can become annoying when you just want some piece and quiet on a long highway run.
That's why I switched to a Corsa catback on my 06 GTO.

And if you add headers and high flow cats, the drone will become more noticeable.

But I would like to add, I love the sound of Borla. It has a very unique sound and Borla makes a quality exhaust.

GMtothecore 07-21-2009 01:19 PM

Awesome sound!

LyssaRaen 07-21-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 705176)
The problem is on long cruises at 75- 80mph, you'll be sitting at 2k rpms listening to that drone. Even if its not that bad, it can become annoying when you just want some piece and quiet on a long highway run.
That's why I switched to a Corsa catback on my 06 GTO.

And if you add headers and high flow cats, the drone will become more noticeable.

Personally, I prefer the sound of the Borla system over the Corsa...

As I said, the drone really isnt that bad compared to other exhaust systems I've heard. Its nothing like the Borla systems on the 4th gens. Those could be obnoxious at times.

Is there really a system out there that has a decent sound and quality and has little to no interior resonance? It's all relative. But, to each his own...

SGOS252382 07-21-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyssaRaen (Post 705298)
Personally, I prefer the sound of the Borla system over the Corsa...

As I said, the drone really isnt that bad compared to other exhaust systems I've heard. Its nothing like the Borla systems on the 4th gens. Those could be obnoxious at times.

Is there really a system out there that has a decent sound and quality and has little to no interior resonance? It's all relative. But, to each his own...

Sorry if I came off negative. Borla is a great exhaust. Back when I used Borla on my previous cars (LS1 Fbody's) I really loved the sound. I think I'm just getting old and get annoyed really easily by exhaust noise when I'm crusing on the highway.
Back in the day I use to use Flowmaster exhausts on my cars and talk about drone. It was ridiculous (and it didn't even bother me).

Enjoy your new exhaust. I'm sure it also looks great.

wavrun2000 07-21-2009 01:42 PM

So this is the aggressive "s-type" kit correct? If so it is awesome and the video I have been waiting for. It sounds very good! It is also good you did a driving shot to hear the system under load. Are you looking to add any headers or just going to leave it as is?

wavrun2000 07-21-2009 01:46 PM

Also what size are the tips? And do you have any pictures of the exhaust by looking straight at it from the back so I can see how well the tips fill out the holes in the bumper?
Thanks

Ranger 75 07-21-2009 02:49 PM

Sold me. Also interested in headers.