Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   SW Retro Chambered Cat Back - What A Muscle Car Should Sound Like! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277787)

Apex Motorsports 02-18-2013 09:46 AM

SW Retro Chambered Cat Back - What A Muscle Car Should Sound Like!

http://www.customcorvetteaccessories...orks_Logo3.jpg

Guaranteed best price and FREE SHIPPING on the Stainless Works line. Got a quote from another vendor? Bring it to us!

This is my favorite cat back in the Stainless Works line up!

Stainless Works 3" Retro Chambered cat back: NOW $972 SHIPPED!!!

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/bestprice.jpg

This system is for the Camaro 6.2L and features 304L SS construction, CNC mandrel bent 3" dual system complete with x-pipe, dual chambered section mufflers, mirror polished stainless steel tips, and all hangers and clamps for easy installation. Fits factory connection point. This system brings that deep muscle car sound everyone is looking for!

Add Stainless Works Headers 1 7/8" headers with high flow cats to unleash the beast!

Here is what a few Camaro5 members and recent APEX customers have to say:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS (Post 4938495)
Well installed my CAI yesterday and my Stainless Works Retro Catback tonight and WOW!

To begin, let me just say how professional and prompt APEX was with my order and shipping. I will definitely be doing more business with them in the future.

These SW Retro Chambered Catbacks are MEAN!! It feels and most certainly sounds like a totally new machine. Glad I waited to find the fit for me. The installation took a little under 3 hours, but I kept tweaking it to get everything perfectly aligned so could have went faster.

I'll post a video tomorrow. Took a "before" video prior to installing so everyone could have a clear comparison.

Time to rest. Thanks again APEX!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weezerj (Post 4031441)
Sorry for no video, I don't really have a video camera worth a bowl of rice....but I installed my exhaust this afternoon and I FRIGGIN LOVE IT! The sound is amazing, no drone.....exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks needs to go out to Chase with Apex, customer service was top notch and he answered a bizillion questions from me (I am sure I filled up him inbox) without every losing his enthusiasm.....

I would STRONGLY suggest this exhaust to anyone, and I'd but from Chase/Apex in an instant. :respekt:......

come to think of it, I think all of the vendors on this site deserve a thumbs up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRC-SS (Post 3259895)
I just got back from a 1 hour drive to nowhere with my buddy and he was soo impressed with this system...We had to of had about 12 poeple yell out the windows saying it sounded SICK......it was awsome:happyanim:

This is why it took me 7 months to figure out what exhaust to get and DAMN did i pick the right one:clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by emlo3 (Post 2372752)
Finally finished the install on my Stainless works dual chambered exhaust. Sound at idle and rev is totally awesome!! Polished tips look great. Thank you Chase at Apex motor sports for you advice and fast delivery!

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 3515280)
Chase, just got my SW Chambered System installed this past Thursday. It is absolutely the best sounding system I have heard on any 5th Gen Camaro. It actually sounds like I own a muscle car again (with a little LS twist). I was a little worried because there are quite a few pieces in the system, but after starting at the front and working my way back, everything went together and lined up perfectly. Fit and Finish was top-notch. Can't wait to match up some headers with it. Thanks for your superb Customer Service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd (Post 2589226)
I just installed the SW chambered kit that is being advertised in this thread and I'm happy with the sound. My car came to life as soon as I stated it up. This is what a 400+ HP car should sounds like. It is a bit on the loud side, I like that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOPMOD (Post 2797066)
I have the Stainless Works cat back system as Chase stated above.
It's a great system, everything fit perfect and it sounds awesome!!
I placed my order with Apex and had the system a couple of days later, you can't beat their prices either.
Installed the system myself in about 2.5 hours total.
The tips fit and look very nice with the factory ground effects.
If you have the factory ground effects and are looking for a cat back, this is the system to for you!!

SOPMOD...OUT!

Apex Motorsports 02-22-2013 05:36 AM

Members of this forum have become accustomed to reading quotes like these on a regular basis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroNewb (Post 2360787)
+1 for Chase. I bought these form him like 2 weeks ago and they were at my door so fast that I couldn't figure out what they were until I opened the box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Envious (Post 5202262)
Ordered mine on Friday had it Monday. Ordered a washer relocation tank Wednesday. Had it on Friday. Just like a Camaro, fast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by puzzzeler (Post 4968230)
I would have to agree Apex for sure really fast shipping these guys are on the ball ,give them a shot you cant go wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikester0612 (Post 5098788)
And I just wanted to give a big thanks to Apex Motorsports for the great service. Ordered this CAI on Wednesday in the afternoon around 1 and I got it on Friday !! Thanks Apex !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley (Post 4609243)
So I ordered Friday night. Order went through on Monday, intake was installed Wednesday after I got of work. Shipping was fast and free and that's why I love ordering from Apex!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andys562 (Post 4864687)
Just got the springs in today! Planning on getting them installed a little later today or tomorrow.

But wow! Apex ships FAST. I did NOT expect the springs to be on my doorstep today and what do you know, they're right there.
Big ups to Apex for the lightning fast shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl (Post 3742223)
First of all I want to give a big thank you to Chase and Victoria from Apex Speed. I needed this part on Friday and I ordered it Wednesday; they called me personally to handle my request and got it to me really fast. They were great to work with and I really appreciate the awesome customer service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangomr (Post 5784010)
After the questions I put up on Sunday aabout these two units, here they sit in my living room on Wed. 4PM, ordered and delivered, thats FAST and they both look great. Thanks Chase for the PRICE and GREAT SERVICE. Michael in Virginia

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfm237 (Post 4468982)
Ordered the SW Retro Chambered exhaust and Black CAI on Monday.. The Exhaust arrived on Wednesday and the CAI on thursday... Thats to New Jersey.. A+++ To Apex for their quick shipping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Muscle (Post 1855055)
apex chase, Hurst shifter got delivered today, took only 2 days to get to CT!! Going to install it tonight, thanks for the fast service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boricat (Post 1926169)
Unbelievable!!
Ordered on 5/28 on the doorstep 5/29!!

Thanks again,
Joe

Quote:

Originally Posted by fritcherc (Post 4575496)
I sent Chase a couple of emails, told him what I wanted and a few days later it was on my doorstep. Chase and Apex have been a pleasure to deal with and I couldn't be happier in my decision to do business with them. Great product support, easy to get ahold of and fast shipping!!!! Two thumbs up in my book! Thanks, Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack's Girl (Post 2128657)
Thank you so much Chase! Ordered my CAI intake Sunday, shipped Monday and got it yesterday and installed! Great service! Love the performance! 1000% satisfied!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrrod6410 (Post 2657755)
Ordered mine Friday afternoon and got it Tuesday morning......WOW

Now I'm off to install it

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS CAMARO (Post 2552843)
Talk about fast shipping I got 1 day after you shipped it .

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBOSS (Post 2512295)
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day!

Now to find a time to throw them on!

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!

How Do We Do It?

From the beginning, our operation was set up to function as rapidly and efficiently as possible. Most of our order processing system is automated which means that an order can be completely processed and ready for pick up within minutes of the order being placed. Unlike many of our competitors, APEX Motorsports is a stocking distributor for most of the brands we carry and not a dedicated drop shipper. This allows us to ship in stock items the same day or next if the order is received after our last pick up. In the event that an item is out of stock, APEX Motorsports has access to multiple extensive distributor networks and can draw on the inventories of dozens of regional warehouses across the country and ship the item from the warehouse closest to you.

APEX Motorsports has another key advantage over our competition. Our physical location. Like Amazon, Zappos, and many other major shippers APEX Motorsports is located in Louisville, Ky. which places us within 600 miles of more than 60% of the United States population. It also places us only a few miles from the UPS World Hub. That means that once your order leaves our loading dock it doesn't have to travel 1-2 days to be processed before being directed to your address. It is done within hours of the order being placed and is on it's way to your door, more than 60% of which aren't very far down the road.

Below is a map displaying the estimated delivery times for orders shipped from APEX Motorsports.

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/shipmap.gif

spyderbuddy 03-16-2013 03:37 PM

Lets see some for the V6 club. We love our cars also!

Apex Motorsports 03-19-2013 07:33 PM

There is a Retro Chambered Cat Back for the V6 as well.

SSMKNU2 03-25-2013 08:17 PM

Definitely recommend this kit. Running it on my Camaro and love the sound. You can really hear that V8 rumble now. I've received numerous compliments on it!

90503 03-25-2013 08:24 PM

Are these a DIY?...Are the catalytic converters deleted?...Does it require headers? A tune?...Will it throw a cel?....Thanks...

Apex Motorsports 03-26-2013 05:35 AM

Absolutely. It is a pretty straight forward bolt on install but it is a good idea to have someone help. The stock cats and manifolds stay in place (unless you want to upgrade them as well of course), it is just a cat back system. It does not require a tune and will not throw a CEL.

90503 03-26-2013 01:56 PM

Chase, could you pm me the price, etc....(I won't bother to shop it around if you're sure your price is the lowest...lol)

2011 2SS ls3...No headers for sure....may consider hi-flo cats later, but not now (I'll take the pricing on them, though)...Just what's needed for cat-back, keeping everything else stock...

Thanks, Tom

Cat-Back system ordered...piece of cake and best price...Thanks, Chase

Apex Motorsports 03-29-2013 05:04 PM

Thanks for your order Tom. Be sure to let us know what you think once it is installed.

90503 04-04-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6355382)
Thanks for your order Tom. Be sure to let us know what you think once it is installed.

Stainless Works Cat-back Retro-Chamber exhaust is in!...Did it all by my lonesome...Removed stock exhaust, new one in and done...

First impression: Loved how the parts were shipped and packaged. A quality packing job for quality parts...Not one ding or scratch...All the tubes fit together perfectly and were perfectly round, pieces were well marked to eliminate any confusion, and no doing it twice...The slip fit was so good, I didn't mess with the "sealer" (not included anyway...lol)...

It was a fun project...If replacing stock mufflers I'd suggest removing the rear diffuser, makes it a lot easier to remove stock one...

Tips are beautiful and well polished...

Love the sound...not too terribly loud, nice rumble at idle and a great rip when you get on it...No drone on the freeway...I held off for two years until I pulled the trigger on an aftermarket exhaust...I've heard a lot of the other makes, they're nice, but this one is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks Chase for a well priced, top quality, do-it-yourself item...Tom

Apex Motorsports 04-07-2013 10:03 AM

Glad to hear that you love it Tom. Thanks again for your order.

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/upgrade.jpg

Apex Motorsports 04-17-2013 07:07 PM

The CGM SS in the first video just had Stainless Works 1 7/8 inch headers and high flow cats installed yesterday! We will get another video shot and posted soon so you guys have an apples to apples comparison.

spyderbuddy 04-17-2013 08:11 PM

Damn that sounds good, have you any takers on the V6 system yet?

Apex Motorsports 04-22-2013 11:28 AM

We have sold V6 Retro Chambered systems but we have not filmed a video of one.