Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Has anyone installed the skip shift eliminator yet? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21451)

Fat_Tire_Custom 05-05-2009 06:56 PM

Has anyone installed the skip shift eliminator yet?

I'm just wondering if anyone has installed the skip shift eliminator yet, which brands people have used, how easy they are to install, and if any problems have been encountered. Several sources are are available for Corvette/Camaro LS3, and all look basically the same from brand to brand. Mine was about $20 from Adaptive Performance. Directions sound simple. I'm hoping to have my dealer put the car on their lift and install it before I take my first drive. I'm paying for 6 speeds and want access to them ALL the time.

John Farnen 05-05-2009 07:17 PM

supposed to eliminate by itself over 1800 revs. Doubt I'll keep it under 1800 often. If you get it and it works well, please repost.

franknbeans 05-05-2009 07:18 PM

there's like what..... 7 people on the board with their car. . I'm guessing no.

Jferrell88 05-05-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat_Tire_Custom (Post 460202)
I'm just wondering if anyone has installed the skip shift eliminator yet, which brands people have used, how easy they are to install, and if any problems have been encountered. Several sources are are available for Corvette/Camaro LS3, and all look basically the same from brand to brand. Mine was about $20 from Adaptive Performance. Directions sound simple. I'm hoping to have my dealer put the car on their lift and install it before I take my first drive. I'm paying for 6 speeds and want access to them ALL the time.

got one my car today was wondering the same thing myself

DGthe3 05-07-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

I haven't heard anything yet, but from all the talk before about skipshift, oops I mean CAGS, that kit is the most expensive solution to this perceived problem. Older Camaros have had it blocked by a resistor that costs practically nothing and the majority of SS owners thus far haven't been driving mild enough to not activate it, or at least haven't admited to it ;)

Embalmer 05-07-2009 03:19 PM

Nope.

Honestly, I've sort of gotten used to it..... :(

LosXC451 05-07-2009 03:45 PM

If you really find it that annoying go ahead and do it, but IMO its a waste of money

Dave McFly 05-07-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

call my crazy, but I DON'T think the dealer will do that, they may tell you "it will void your warranty" or some :bs: like that.

mike@newera 05-07-2009 04:49 PM

You can have it shut off if you get your car custom tuned, I do it all the time.

Emher 05-07-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Farnen (Post 460269)
supposed to eliminate by itself over 1800 revs. Doubt I'll keep it under 1800 often. If you get it and it works well, please repost.

If this is true then I really don't have anything to worry about. Can anyone confirm?

Legend 05-07-2009 05:12 PM

I've only activated it twice in almost 400 miles! Both times where pulling out of my street to the main road...

Shift at 2,000 rpms or more and you'll not notice it at all.

Emher 05-07-2009 05:55 PM

No need for me then, never shift that low on first gear anyways!

LosXC451 05-08-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave McFly (Post 466683)
call my crazy, but I DON'T think the dealer will do that, they may tell you "it will void your warranty" or some :bs: like that.

I dont think it will void your warranty, I have been to many dealerships in Miami and they sell them there

2SSRS@Gen5diy 06-15-2009 06:17 PM

Yes i put it on my car last Friday in 30 min.